Personal View site logo
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • 231 Replies sorted by
  • @rforrandom It will be just one day. Not sure yet. We have a few people that can not do the 22 but most everyone seems to be ok with July 13th. I'm not sure about the Cinema Bar. Looks ok to grab a beer and listen to some music on a weekend night but I wanted somewhere a little more inviting with more light. Calling around to some places today.

• So are we doing both the 22nd of June and the 13th of July? And is the location been confirmed as the Cinema Bar?

The Cinema Bar 3967 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, 90230

• Where ever we meet, I hope parking is not a concern. It might be nice also to have a place where food and beverage would be available to further quality fellowship meeting everyone for the first time. Perhaps a hotel might be nice like the Holiday Inn Burbank. In any event, I sure am excited about meeting everyone.

• HI there. I have two GH2s and a GH3. I am just starting to make studio video here to the Black Magic ATEM1. I love the idea of local meetups. I am in La Cañada. June 22 works for me, just let me know where and when.

Kindest and sincerest warm regards,

Lisa J. Kassner

• @vicharris JUL 13 is good for me

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev We're from LA, so we like to hear ourselves talk a lot and not really listen to the other person! JK. I think we have two dates now. If we have any more problems, I'll sign up to that site and make a survey.

• Guys, you can always make survey about date at http://www.esurveyspro.com , it is easy.

• I'm booked July 18 to the end of the month, but free till then on Sat.

• @vicharris July 12th is good for me. The bar is called the Cinema Bar.

The Cinema Bar 3967 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, 90230

• So it seems like Jun22 might not work for a few people, IF we move it to JUL13, would that not work for anyone? I know it's far off. @vapourtrail What's the place in Culver? I'm not that good of a grill guy but I'm sure we might have on here.

• June 22nd can work for me if it's earlier in the afternoon. Got a photo gig that night

• @vicharris are you referring to Big Wangs on Cahuanga? And regarding Redrock in w Hollywood, I drove by there a couple weeks ago. Looks closed. I know of a bar in culver city that's filmmaker friendly. They don't have food, but they have a nice large back patio with a grill which you can use free of charge. Let me know and I'll dig up the name/number.

Sadly the 22nd doesn't work for me. Was really looking forward to meeting the local crew.

• I'm in Long Beach and would be happy to attend something in the LA area. I work independently so I can free up anytime for a meet up.

• So far we have 15ish people. I'm going to take this number to some establishments and see what we can get. If anyone else has some last minute spots, speak up now. I think the consensus is a spot with cheap food and beer if possible, and maybe all ages but I haven't heard anyone speak up about being under 21, so if I don't hear anything else in the next couple days, I'm not going to worry that much about it.

• Saturday the 22nd is good for me. I'm booked solidly in July.

• June 22 should be good. Not sure about July.

• @vicharris yeah I know, wasn't trying to be coy or anything ;-) just a busy week. shot one video last week in huntington beach and cut 5 for a corporate client from footage that came in from 5 separate cities.

• Saturday will be great, but I won't be able to show until around 7 pm or so.

• Saturdays are usually good for me, just not today :)

• Oh yeah, I'm out of town on the 6th and sometime soon I'm going to Cabo but I'll plan that after we nail this down. Just for shits and giggles, why don't we look at June 22 or Jul 13 for now and see what people say.

• Sounding good so far. :)

I can make pretty much any of the Saturdays, but I can stay longer if we don't make it July 6th (a family birthday) or June 29th.

• Anyone else interested, please chime in now so we can get a running head count to give to any establishment. @thepalalias, I'm thinking your 20 count tops might be about right in the end.
    @5thwall I was waiting for you to chime in!

• One Saturday at noon it is. I'm trying to come up with a central location so everyone gets screwed with LA traffic equally. :) I'm going to rule out the Irish place on the westside since that would just be a nightmare during the summer, on Saturday. There's a wings place on Cahuenga (yes, I still have no idea how to spell it!) in Hollywood that has been pretty production friendly to me when I was at HGTV. I'll call them to see if they'll even entertain the thought. I know some people might not drink and that's fine but I'm sure there's a few that would love to tell lots of lie and wrong information to one another over a beer. If we could think of a place that would serve a cold one, that would be great as well. Actually RedRock in W. Hollywood is pretty cool about alot of stuff and I could get my buddy whos had a few events there to call them. I'll check if they have food, if not, that's a no go.

• I'm in, and available on Saturdays too.

• Mid-day Saturdays generally work for me