Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • Is Mysteron or Sedna A1 the sharpest of driftwoods hacks? And is the 2k in cluster v2e sharp that these to even tho its in 30p?

• FCPX plays nicely 2k mjpeg files direct from the GH2, but no audio. it sees as 2048x1152 30p 16Khz LinearPCM-Photo Jpeg. Best resolution I ve ever seen on my screen. GH2 does not play the file but it shows jpeg picture of the first frame.

• The 2K mjpeg is really great. My machune says its 30fps, is there any setting for 25fps pal?

• @luxis Not psychotic - just intense on camera. I mean, it is a Hollywood pigeon (just a few minutes away from the Walk of Fame) after all. :)

• Sorry for the multiple posts! Server was acting up.

• Hi. I shot some footage with sedna q20 with b settings. I really like it and it's stable in camera. Everything is great for short takes.

I Just did a spanning test when I got home with sedna Q20 B settings. Scandisk 95mb/s 64 gig. Doesnt span for me. Stops at 11min or so. Pity cause I really love the image quality and its stable in camera. Albi

• Hi. I shot some footage with sedna q20 with b settings. I really like it and it's stable in camera. Everything is great for short takes.

I Just did a spanning test when I got home with sedna Q20 B settings. Scandisk 95mb/s 64 gig. Doesnt span for me. Stops at 11min or so. Pity cause I really love the image quality and its stable in camera. Albi

• @thepalalias this is one sharp psychotic pigeon you got there ; )

• @driftwood Loaded Cluster v2e. Is 2k MjpegHD supposed to be playable in camera? It didn't on mine. Apart form this everything is working smooth on 16gb 95mbs SanDisk. Its the first time I try the mjpeg and this one is wicked! Thanks Nick!

p.s. What film mode/setings would you recomend after your usage and testing?

• Frame grab and of course...it's raining again with possible tornado's.

cluster-e.jpg
    800 x 450 - 368K
  • Thanks Nick! I just flashed 2e

• Lets sort out the mess.

CLUSTER

Cluster settings are all about experimentation with different GOPs. Here's the two different variations in these, the new releases of the Cluster v2 series.

v2a = is 12 gop on 24p and 1080i50, 6 gop 720p and 3 gop 1080i60. This settiing is aimed at NTSC users.

v2e = all 6 GOP with 2k rez mjpeg & incam playback. (v2b, 2c and 2d are superceded by 2e) work for both NTSC AND PAL users.

Therefore, anything inbetween 2a and 2e, forget about them!

So, in summary, v2a or v2e are all you need to know about.

• @driftwood "2K HD resolution 2048 x 1152 pixels - Highest quality MJPEG, Highest qual mjpeg SD."

Hi! For what use is this mode actually for? does it really give more resolution than AVCHD or isn't it just 1280x720 upscaled or something?

• Okay - at the coffee shop now. While I am here, here is a Cluster 2D frame shot handheld in NTSC EX SH with a 58mm Rokkor at f/4.0 (vibrant -2, -2, -2, -2 with IR off and shade WB).

Cluster2D EXSH f4.0 58mm rokkor0006.png
    1280 x 720 - 729K
  • @driftwood This is getting confusing. Is 2a the same as the first v2 you posted?

• @driftwood only v2e has 2k and v2a doesn't right?

• The only two now to use are v2a (which employs a hbyrid 12 GOP/6GOP) or the all 6 GOP variation v2e. PAL users should defo use 2e.

• @Driftwood Are there performance differences between 2d and 2e other than the in-camera playback? I was unclear on whether the comment about fallback mode applied to Cluster 2 versions or only to 2e. I ask because I was about to start testing 2d but I see no reason to do so if it is already obsolete (so I would just head back to a coffee shop and re-load).

• CLUSTER v2e

Ok this is just about right and NOW with in camera playback too. Please experiment and let me know how you get on with this lill' babe. This will not 'dropout', fallback (call it what u wish) unlike other settings Ive seen of late.

Superb allround setting for people who want that bit more!

At ease.

Cluster v2e -6 GOP - with in cam pback and 2k mjpeg - setb.zip
  • @driftwood 5:13PM...thank you Nick !

• @driftwood....good timing ...I was about to load 2c...:)

• @Benibube Having just checked my mjpeg settings I realise (as I had working high settings for months) that these are not the correct ones. The adjusted mjpeg settings that you will see in v2d attached below (in a moment) will have my 2K dimensioned 2048 x1152 HD very high quality settings. Apologies for this oversight.

@xavieramelio for NTSC and PAL - its pretty much there for 6 GOP - looks good allround. However,expect a hi powered 720p for a future Cluster v3.

Driftwood Cluster v2d with hi quality 2K mjpeg - setj.zip
  • Sorry I just saw the answer to my question in a previous post, thanks.

• Hello and thanks for the patches. Is cluster v2c also suitable for PAL?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions