Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @spaceandtime Could be that moving leaves give more reflections when turning and increase fine detail that way.

• @tinbeo

Yes I need the HBR (1080P) for French TV. Mandatory.

I do not know what patch will give me the best 25P in image quality.

Orion V4, Sedna ... ?

Thanks

• mysteron burst needs a very high speed class 10 card,...it shld work with 64g 95m/s sandisk,...better dont try it if you dont have capable cards,...

• well i just want to say i had no problems with sedna aq1A 720-50 home testing, recorded fine no write errors! very nice settings work great for pal country's, was wondering if i could change to gop 1 but haven't try it yet. and detail is so great that i believe could be upscaled to 1080 with no problems!

once again thanks driftwood, if you ever come to argentina you got a place to stay and eat!

btw sedna is referring to a star beyond Uranus possibly the solar system 10th planet hah!

• @sebasp1 actually sedna is a marine creature goddess,..i believe,...

• And why this fucking 24P is ALWAYS better than the 25P I need!??? :))))

SHIT GIVE ME ONE 25P VERY VERY GOOD!

THANKS ALL

• @spaceandtime

as soon as heavy winds rush across them it crashes about 5 secs after?

I second what @nomad said. It’s not the movement itself, but rather the effect it creates, that causes the crash. (The effect being a change in contrast that boosts details, making the encoder do some extra heavy work.)

• @From_Paris I afraid nobody would réponse mais parlez vous like that ;=) Just choose on setting and try out of yourself, whatever patch ( sedna, orion, mystery ) work with your sd card, then call it très bien

• @tinbeo

You're right Tinbeo, I tried to be funny but ... in vain.

I Will take Orion V4B Monday. I have a few days to test it.

• @From_Paris , I think that "Panny" hacked it's own firmware to provide us HBR mode :-) they did not count on 25p.

• If the 24P is very better than the 25P, I will make my film in 24P and I will transfer in 25P in post-production.

I will post my test this next week.

• Hello all! @ From_Paris. You need more diplomacy i think. I'm a PAL user too... I know your problems

Unfortunaly, 24P mode is better since conception of the GH2, because of native sensor output.

I think the good question for Nick Driftwood is: "Do you think is it possible to make a patch like Orion, Sedna or Mysteron ONLY for PAL HBR25p that match 24P mode, or if GH2 can't do that?"

Now, you can try Bkmcwd's Patch like GolGOP or GOPzilla. It look well in PAL mode ( a new silent user!!!)

Thanks VK, ND, Bkmcwd and others actif for this great work they do for community, don't forget that...

• @herbycamer

In fact, I hate myself for not understanding all the topic here ...

That's why I tried to use humor.

Obviously, I know the answer to my question is not so simple.

Like everyone here, I'd like a magic wand everything is optimal for me, for us with the 25P ...

:)

• @From_Paris "I will make my film in 24P and I will transfer in 25P in post-production." Yes, this is probably the best solution -- but there are various ways you can do that -- so research well and choose properly.

@herbycamer The issue of a better patch for 25p misses the point of the mechanical flaws with the GH2's 25p. 24p is native, true progressive. 25p is un-flagged progressive frames laid on a 50i stream -- and that's truly consumer junk on a range of levels. No matter how good the patch is -- the recording method is crap.

If I lived in a PAL country -- I'd film in 24p and use the appropriate method to convert the footage to 25p -- and there are a range of different and effective ways to do that.

• @ From_Paris. No problem, i know you're joking. Bkmcwd's setting are GOP3, it's not THE Intra setting, but it look fine for HBR 25P. BUT IT'S RIGHT... Driftwood's patch are fucking amazing in 24P... I'm crying too, you know...

• @onionbrain, yes, I also need the HBR for small corporate videos that I have to put on DVD. It is possible to switch ORION 24P to 25P with menus? Thank you ... Sorry for my stupids questions.

@herbycamer, I think I give up the HBR for TV projects. 24P to 25P. I voted!

• @From_Paris I've just began using Sedna AQ1 [C] it seems perfect to me (so far) i'll have to look at it closely in After Effects but I had no errors on Sandisk Class 10 - 30 Mo/sec whereas I had many using Quantum X Rocket. HBR 25p seems really nice. I tried many patches last month (flow motion, Quantum X) I think I'll stick to this one. (ça le fait grave et je pense que c'est le bon équilibre qualité d'image/stabilité) Big Thanks to Driftwood and Vitaliy

• Really liking Sedna Q20 B. Took a quick screenshot, Lumix 20mm, graded in mb looks.

Sedna.jpg
    1010 x 568 - 268K
  • Patched with Sedna AQ1 C

Thanks Mister Driftwood And Vitaliy Kiselev (Patch Sedna AQ1 C The Best of Best.. Ostras!)

• sorry, I don't understand burst mode. The pics look all punched up with color noise. What's the value of that?

• @onionbrain. Nice Mysteron clip! I like the look. I got a question regarding the Elektra Drive. Can I send you a pm?

• @From_Paris @onionbrain @herbycamer one problem when converting 24p to 25p is it will speed up the sound and footage and for a music video it will change the music about a semi tone unless you pitched it down later. Some people will say it doesn't make a big difference but to me it does. And when shooting with more than one camera if others shoot in 25p and you in 24p to convert in 25p in post you will get synchronization problems. I already did that before but now i really think that converting 24p to 25p is not a good option for pal users. I am also a lil frustrated about this and another thing i hate about 25p is that you have to go through clipwrap or 5dtorgb before editing. I like to edit mts file directly in premiere pro it's much more faster.

One thing i wonder though is when they broadcast 24p in ntsc countries do they convert to 30p before sending to tv?

• I did a search on work flows, but dident find any
    But its realated to the patches, so i dump it here.

After getting a so high possible quality of the gh2.
    It make more sense to render it so close as it can to the original.
    I have "i think" practically try all possible codecs, and for on-line there is not much difference's.

So i am using mainconcept with the next settings, in sony vegas pro 10e
    Any one have tips how to perfect it further?

Naamloos 0.png
    457 x 710 - 79K
    Naamloos 1.png
    457 x 710 - 78K
    Naamloos1.png
    457 x 710 - 78K
    elecard mainconcept results.png
    679 x 595 - 72K
  • @Swiss_Boy broadcast 24p in ntsc countries do they convert to 30p before sending to tv

it's called 3:2 pull down http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3:2_pulldown#23pulldown

• @swiss_boy Processing through 5D2RGB first is a good thing. PP might handle AVCHD natively, but it will handle ProRes faster. Plus you get a bump in chroma quality and a nice flat gamma to work with.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions