Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • " driftwood May 30

Cluster v2 will be out tonight. "

Were clouds gathered so close cause my eyes won't see :-) ?

• Thanks @peternap @sangye @peternap im from Richmond area @sangye what's the correct crop for a 2x lens?

• Probably Sedna!

• Hi guys, with all the different settings around what would be the best settings to intercut with a RED at 2K. Sedna A AQ1 or Canis Majoris Night. Smooth (-2,-2,-2,-2) or Standard (-2,-2,-2,-2).

Cheers

• @sethdp Looks nice, but the Sankor 16C is a 2X anamorphic. You seem to have treated it as if it were only 1.63X.

• @IvanUskokovic As far as I know, The camera records in 701. (Canon's record in 601) The full range is a preference. I prefer a little more room in the blacks at the bottom to try and maximise the appearence of Dynamic Range. If you plan on grading footage I suggest full range, if going for a look right out of camera then go for broadcast range to get backed inb black.

• @JPB1138 - Why 701 and full range and not 601?

• @Sethdp Looks good! Are you a VCU Student or a local?

• @Driftwood Looking forward to it

• walked around downtown richmond testing out 58mm with sankor16c. i used driftwood sedna aq1 vibrant -2-2-2-2 thanks for looking seth

• @Driftwood Music to my ears, Nick. :)

@jvalal I am sorry, it has been a while and I do not recall all the details of our earlier conversation.

What are you using in terms of build and card, and what was happening before you tried SMBU v2? Are the problems happening with other Driftwood settings as well, and which mode have you been shooting in most recently?

• Cluster v2 will be out tonight.

• I took the raw mts and converting with 5DtoRGB (701 and Full Range, Pro Res 422HQ) on a Mac based system. Imported to Final Cut and used Magic Bullet Software there for the quick grade.

Usually I use the COLOR APP within FCS 7. But I was just messing around. Added grain from Rgrain Plug-in

Was shot in Smooth all -2.

• @JPB1138 out of the box none of the digital cinema cameras do grade or color correct shots by default .post production work is major when it comes to digital cinema.all we need is to shoot with proper exposure, lighting, and white balance. if you have a shot from sedna A in std or smooth profile -2-2-2-2. you need to convert that file .mts to an editable format. cine form or prores 422 hq. you can edit mts directly in vegas 11 pro. prores 422 hq and cine form are the 2 best codec for driftwood topnotch patches.

color correct your shots using colorista II grade them with look 2 then decide. yes you need a better color correction and grading system to get maximum cinematic look. for all dslr footage and digital cinema camera footage this is common. post changes everything. shooting only brings clear and essential resource to work with.

i hope you understand. the shot you have taken is so good. get the correction and grading done buddy.

• @JPB1138 , this looks wonderful, cinematic, very nice grainy ...

• Here is a still from some shooting with Sedna Aq1. just messign around. Did some small grading. But I think it looks pretty cinematic. Let me know what you guys think. I'm always refining and searching for the most cinematic settings, lighting, and color grades. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 11.46.28 PM.png
    1915 x 1044 - 2M
  • @thepalalias still having problems with this card or build. Tried using SpanMyBitch, but it freezes my Gh2 and I have to pop the battery out every time to get the display to unfreeze and work again. These are in bright conditions, nothing else changed to the settings.

• @AfricaGH2 What is the "running time" for that clip? ;) Thanks for posting. Did you mean "had to up the shutter speed" as opposed to frame rate?

@peternap Yes, @rajamalik is right. I shot CM Night with Smooth, Standard and Vibrant, usually at -2, -2, -2, -2. I think that particular shoot may have been entirely Smooth, but I cannot remember clearly at the moment.

• Another Mysteron Screen Grab - detail is incredible! I was using a $100 f1.4 Olympus lens! 50mm

Screen Shot 2012-05-28 at 2.05.35 PM.png
    1908 x 1066 - 3M
  • Screen Grab of Mysteron from Boulder Boulder 10k race. I was using 24h but had to up the frame rate because I didn't have an ND filter. Very impressive and will post video soon.

Screen Shot 2012-05-28 at 2.06.51 PM.png
    1901 x 1063 - 2M
  • @peternap @thepalalias is using Canis Majoris Night Default from Driftwood, even i used the same for a while. its vbr @ 176mbit. Good one.

• @peternap i suggest you patch back to sedna A.i got something new and odd for extremists.i have 3 sedna A patches from @obscura. he tested Sedna A in different bitrates all these patches writes in CBR. only for sdxc sandisk 95m/s card owners or try if you have a card which can write over 60m/s. the details of these patches follows.....(The default Sedna A has Aq1 & Q20 @ 154Mbit VBR) Seti = Sedna A Q8 CBR @ 191Mbit Setb = Sedna A AQ0 CBR @ 181Mbit Sete = Sedna A AQ1 CBR @ 169Mbit (almost same as default sedna a aq1 but CBR @ 169) i just now patched Sete 169,....i am gonna test all of them. Thank You!! @obscura @thepalalias @driftwood

Sedna A super patches.zip
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions