Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • Screen grab using sedna aq1 vibrant -2-2-2-2 shot with helios 58mm and sankor 16c

Image26.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 322K
  • Screen grab using sedna aq1 shot with helios 58mm sankor 16c vibrant -2-2-2-2

Image27.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 382K
  • Nice sethdp

• @LongJohnSilver You might want to check your lens adaptor. The screws that hold the lens mount sometimes get loose making the lens shift slightly making you out of focus. It's happened to me on a shoot. best LukeV

• @ LukeV thanks for the suggestion. I checked yesterday and it's ok. Still not convinced of the sickening results I shot some clips with the same Sedna settings just switching to 24p cinema mode and they are perfect as usual. Nick gave a look at my mts and it seems I stressed too much the current HBR implementation going 80+Mb with that scenario. BTW reviewing my notes (I accustomed to write down lens/camera settings for every shot) I realized that the clip I posted on Vimeo is shot with the razor sharp Lumix 20mm at F8. So the HBR could not cope with the amazing number of details in the scenario. @driftwood was quite more technical explaining it :)

Bye

• Thanks bueller

• @LongJohnSilver Good to know. I've been eyeing the 20mm. Thanks LukeV

• few frames grabs from sedna aq1 footage I shot . a bit of background info on gear used, I added here : http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/426/gh2-stalin-samples-topic/p6

alpha-male snapshots_3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_4.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_6.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_14.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_15.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_8.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    alpha-male snapshots_5.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_11.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_12.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    alpha-male snapshots_13.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • @stefanos Nice grain on those shots, and sharp details... yea, ill have to check out those settings.

• GH2 1.1 Driftwood Cluster v1 don't look at the over exposure and other shortcomings it was my fault, i had to shoot this in 2 hours, i think it's enough for school project

• Does anyone have issues with 720/60p with Sedna AQ1 on a Sandisk 95Mbs 8GB card? I get the speed limit error after 3 seconds. 1080/24p works fine and looks great however.

Thanks

• @Hakosuka Yup! There aren't many good 720 patches, Mysteron is better than Sedna, Sanity 5, Flow Motion 2 is looking good and M6 has a lot of potential. Cluster 1 is a very good patch and I am looking forward to seeing Cluster 2.

• @peternap would you say that m6 is the best out of the bunch for 720p? I'm trying to find a good 720p for slow motion work such as music videos etc.

• @strancali No, I wouldn't. That's a hard question to answer and if I had the answer, I wouldn't still be testing.

A lot depends on what you need/want. If it's the most stable, reliable setting with very good image quality...I'd say Sanity 5. If it's the very best image quality with less stability, Mysteron. If it's stable with very good Image quality and low light, Cluster.

Depending on testing, Flow Motion 2 is looking good.

That's just my opinion though and there will be a lot of disagreement.

• @peternap yes I know what you mean. It's a tough thing since are so many flavors to choose from and I for one appreciate everyone's efforts. I'm trying to find the best solution for slo mo work and since 720p has 60fps, it's easier to make it look good with twixtor I guess?? I will try out Mysteron again in 720p and see how it goes.

• I've used Sanity 5 at 2000 fps shutter for slow motion without problems,

• @peternap Does that mean shutter 1/4000?

• @thepalalias No....I shouldn't be trying to do 2 things at once. I can't think straight when I'm only doing one. 1/2000

• @peternap Ahh I see! What then would you say is the best 1080/24p + 720/60p patch at the moment? Before I updated to Sedna AQ1 I was using Quantum 9B and it was working great but felt maybe it was outdated now that there are these new flavours.

• With twixtor you better use a Intraframe setting.
    i have M6 stable with 720 pal with gop 1 intraframe, ntsc sadly not, so it is in gop2. "not released yet".
    But Driftwood have some very good settings for 720...

this one i did with Driftwood GOP1 AQ2 'AQUAMOTION' Experimental patch.
    No skater to a blue clean sky, but with sand what gets around, thats a big problem for twixtor

• @hakosuka Sedna is consistently better than Quantum V9b for 24H - my testing was enequivocal on that subject. I did not perform similar testing for 720P between the two.

• @hakosuka Sedna is consistently better than Quantum V9b for 24H - my testing was unequivocal on that subject. I did not perform similar testing for 720P between the two.

• That's again, a matter of opinion. Sanity is a vastly improved version of the OEM Firmware. Driftwood's patches are a whole new breed. I guess if I had to pick one it would be Mysteron...until a new one comes out. You have to remember that high performance 1080 24 and 720 60 don't play well together.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions