Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • Some shots with CBrandins 44Mbps AQ4 settings posted in the maximum quality thread.

• Some brief, camera-original, hacked GH2 clips, each about 10-sec. long. Info & downloadable camera files available on the Vimeo pages.

Using Chris Brandin's recent 44mbs AQ4 "high quality" settings, as described here:
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/13362#Comment_13362

Exterior high-detail, moderate motion example:

Using driftwood's recent 100mbs 3-GOP settings, as described here:
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/13127#Comment_13127

Blue sky gradient example (hack appears to reduce banding artifacts):

Motion example (with moderate detail). A >10-min. version of this scene spanned OK, too.:

Motion example (with high detail):

Thanks to Vitaliy, Chris, driftwood and everyone for their hard work! The GH2 keeps getting better & better. Cheers.

• A bit differen GH2 test.
  • @Stray Your video auto plays...
  • Shit sorry, it didnt autoplay for me. I didn't notice the second autoplay flag setting in the embed code. It should be okay now.
  • @Stray Are those setting spanning OK for you? And do you think its worth hacking right now or is better to just wait till we have settings that span and are stable?
  • @No_SuRReNDeR No it doesnt span on the Sandisk Extreme Pro card I've been testing with, but I get about 8 minutes or so before it cuts out. The 24L settings included in chris's file have spanned on the few occasions I've tested it, however I've not really done a proper series of tests of the 24L setting. It is all very stable as far as I can tell. If spanning is really important to you then I'd say don't hack, or hack to the current limit that does span (about 32Mbps I think it is). I don't actually need to shoot shots longer than 8 minutes for the kind of work that I do, so I'm happy with it as it is.

Edit : Or hack it and use the 24L settings when you need to do long shots, its still a lot better than stock.
  • @Stray Thanks man...Yeah I was thinking that if I use Cbrandin's settings then I could still span with the 24L if I needed to(which I do need sometimes) I believe his 24L setting was 32mb...My card is the Sandisk extreme pro 45mbit.
  • Chris 44 settings
    Canon FD 50mm f1.4

Thanks @cbrandin !
  • Would help if people posted their settings with these videos.
  • @Hallvalla

Werry good idea.
  • Just shot this weekend for Doc. Filmmaking course, a short piece about one's self:

• critique on any aspects is welcomed, just keep in mind that I shot the b-roll in a ten minute window that I had left, so it was pretty hack-job.

• Test from rc track. Slowmotion with Chris 44mb settings.

pass: GH2
  • delete
    sp.jpg
    1278 x 668 - 143K
  • Here's my Italy video I shot 1 month ago with @CBrandin 's 44Mb/s AC=3 hack. I am pretty happy with the results.

• @GMC
    Amazing video, great job.
    Can you give some information about lenses you have used ?
  • Another motion test - Gop1 176mbps (better to d/l the - small - original file)
  • This was shot about a month ago using cbrandin's 66mm GOP12, looking forward to testing out driftwoods 176m patch next.