Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • Astraban what was the frame rate? Thank you.
  • Love the grain from Driftwood's 176 v1:

• @LittleD : 24p, shutter 1/50.
  • THis is with Driftwood GOP1 QuantMebaby, I think. (IDK, I've been using his patches, but they've been changing so fast . . .)

• This was with the same patch, and both are done in FCX, direct import from the camera, chop it up on the timeline, got to the "share" tab, click "Vimeo", and let it do its thing. So, no color balance or corruption on either of these. Although, I Gotta say, I'm a lost sold on FCX for on-man-edit narrative work. The only thing it is thoroughly missing for that is noise reduction. Frankly, with all the other stuff they integrated, I would've expected that to be in there, but its not. Maybe they'll update it. \

• @B3Guy ...Nice looking Warmoth neck. I have a few of them, too (including an SRV profile). They are beautiful and very stable.

Here's a short clip I took of a spinning top that floats on a magnetic field. Used 32Mbps @ 60p (f8, 1/320, 14-140 lens). I used Compressor to create the upload to vimeo.

• A small test I made some days ago using Driftwood 176MBit/s settings.

• Here are some tests with several 66mbs settings in different situations.
    Leica is worth every dollar/euro you spend on it, despite the plastic construction.
    It's very tight build. Focus ring runs smooth and easy!
  • Black & white w/Driftwood's 176 v3

• Driftwood's 176 v3
  • cbrandin's 44mbit

• some nice ones

• I recently hacked my GH2 and used it on my current project. Happy with this little cam. Much thanks to Vitaliy and all who are involved with hack.

• V nice lose the BITC :) GH2 looks so much less "brash" than the Canon cousins for me IMHO
  • Just a quick upload... no colour grading yet...

Just fast forward for slow motion - all Intra Driftwood 170mb/s! :-D

Remember this is an Art Installation.
    PS: this link will die within the next 2 weeks
    Gear:
    Samyang 35mm 1.4 (at 1.4 - sharp as a razor blade)
    Nikon 24mm 2.8
    Lumix 14mm 2.5
    Lumix 14-42 (poor mans 14-45) :-(

CODE: thisisacodename

PPS: this may not have the same 'sex' appeal as 'making of cat woman'- but its not intended to. This is a dance film installation work contemplating existentialism. (hence the Rumi)
    PPPS: the title 'Mobius' was chosen before the Canon/Laforet wild west drug cartel thing (sorry I couldn't watch it all the way... was reading P-V too much!)
    PPPPS: this work is currently for sale (just for your information- Im not hawking- hence the low Vimeo quality) as a digital art work- you know - as an archival Blu-Ray + USB Stick set.
  • @alcomposer, the slow motion looks good. Which of sir driftwood intra are you using?
  • @HillTop1 the setting was Sir Driftwoods 'AQuarius' ver2 INTRA for ptools 3.63d
    (this was the 2nd stable 50p I believe)
    But can you believe- I still haven't had a chance to check out the newest Driftwood patch! Darn!

Busy people you know...
  • I know me too, by the time I leave work and get home, it's time to go back to work again lol.
    So it was shot at 50p hence the slow mo? I have only used it for 1080 24p work and love it.
  • 50p conformed to 24p (this is a feature in FCPX- but I am using FCP7 now so I did it the old fashioned way for all us old timer Mac users here- Cinema Tools...)

The new 720 50p driftwood settings are (among the 24 & 50/60i) are said to be FANTASTIC. Having a look at the PTOOL settings file looks like this wasn't a cosmetic change either- there are huge amounts of settings... when does driftwood sleep!

I also don't know when VK sleeps either- and for that matter I should be sleeping now too! :-(
  • CBrandin 44
    Lumix 20 1.7
    FD 50 1.4

• @oscillian,
    den var himla bra ...
  • @oscillian i really enjoy it, was like a good chapter of the x files, well done!
  • @oscillian Roligt att få se något svenskt, men önskar att ni hade nämnt att det vär skräck. Jag undviker den stilen av film så fick sluta mitt i. :)

Men, måste säga att aktörerna gjorde ett bra jobb i den biten jag såg och dialogen var naturlig, mera så an vanligt för stilen. Och visuellt så funkade allting - verkade som om det verkling följde manuset och karatärerna istället för att försöka "hypa" allting.

Skulle gärna så något annat ni gjort i en anna stil också! :)

• 42 Mbps & Olympus 45mm F1.8