Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @Tifose - I've got the Voigtlander and could recommend it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/658892-REG/Voigtlander_BD332A_Micro_4_3_to_Nikon.html

Solid build quality. It's the only nikon adapter I've had though, so worth searching around and looking for other recommendations too (and checking price, i'm sure there's cheaper adapters out there than that.)

• How many times do I have to say this. L setting is rendered useless as everything is set for the H setting. This is NOT a setting for economists. @Jspatz Think about it logically. If I primed the setting so that you could use the L setting properly it would be detrimental to the shared H (High) setting. I have done other settings in the past for H & L. Sedna, Mysteron etc... ARE NOT made for the L setting. You may however get good results but Ive not even looked at it.

• Is this extremely strange streamparser report for mysteron 24L any cause for concern?

00027_Frames.PNG
    746 x 398 - 150K
  • @lumina can you point me to a good adapter for the Nikon Nikkor 28mm F 2.8 for the GH2?

Just order the Nikon Nikkor 28mm F 2.8

• @adamquesada Yeah, I left everything as is on the settings.

• terry2

Nun, die 28nikkor schön, aber die 28 Zeiss ZF2 2,8 ist besser.< no, no, no!!! not better - just more expensive

• VBR obviously!

• @driftwood shot a web promo for a new product on mysteron. will hopefully post next week once product launches. just saw a test of mysteron burst - holy crrrrap. great stuff! first time i really saw the sharpness and cadence stand way out from the other patches. is mysteron burst VBR or CBR?

• @spacewig Some say he watched the lord of the rings sixty twelve times and he was pissed off at gandalf for stealing his idea for a halloween costume. all we know he's called the stig. @driftwood DUDE!!!!! Mysteron Burst Mode is the BT!!!! WOOOW... Now mate, PLeazzzzzz make it happen to be usable for longer time, even at slight lower rez... I was an addict of Orion v9b and prefered it over Sedna but this... this is a different league... it feels like when you've been dating the lil town pretty girl for a long time and feel that you're the thing but then she dump you, you move to NYC, randomly meet Tyra Banks, start dating her and realizing that now you have the real thing...

• The quality of Mysteron Burst Mode is outstanding. I just had a look in AE : the red channel is clean as the green one and the blue one is very very good too. Huge improvement over the past patches/matrices... Thanks Nick and keep up the good work !

• Quantum X (v4d Orion) Dark Matter v3 Recorded on SanDisk 8Gb Extreme pro Canon FD 55mm f1.2 Aspherical @ ~f2.8 ISO 320 and 1/50 shutterspeed You can also download the original MTS file from vimeo (3,8 gig)

• @elementalracer Nice video..I see you shot the video on the 16GB 45MB card.. Were you shooting with the Mysteron default bitrate 24H=176000000 ?

• @driftwood now that you say that. I noticed earlier in the week that Mysteron (V1) shines when doing macro detail.. I did some test shots of some plants and it was beautiful.

• Mysteron Burst test.

• @Braamokiev Burst appears to be very special purpose.

• Mysteron non burst will record for as long as your card can handle it - like Sedna - but it has its own high quality matrix - slightly more aggressive than Sedna.

Mysteron Burst wil record with much higher i frames for a shorter length of time. 5 seconds is the average for consistent 900k i frames. However, when the detail is less dramatic, expect longer times. The recording will stop when it runs out of steam.

Suggestive uses of Burst mode: could resolve more detail out of the shadows, could be useful for hi detail cutaways (where 5 seconds is ample), great for macro lenses.

Once again, any releases under the Mysteron banner are my personal experimental settings - pushing things where others do not go.

• What is the best patch? Mysteron 1er or Burst?

thanks

• @peternap Thanks for your advice

• @Jack...I understand! Driftwood is so far over my head it takes a while for it to sink in and even then, I get it wrong. I have only gotten write speed errors on te 64gig 95mbs, when I had the TE on and was shooting the enhanced screen of death.

I had to ask earlier about the 11 second comment and it turned out to be another joke that was out of my range. It pertained to "Spinal Tap" which I've never seen (and from the clip I did see, don't want to).

• @peternap

Thanks for your response....I was just confused as to whether it was a record mode or the gh2's actual burst mode. in 24p mine does not seem to crash...yet

• @ jack Here's what Driftwood said:

Mysteron Burst setting includes all the same settings HBR, 720p60, 60i, 50 modes etc.. as before in Mysteron non Burst. 720p60 and HBR modes work very well when the detail gets tough and heavy!

• @Jack I'm still playing with it, but it doesn't change 720-60...Thank God, but does kick 1080-24 into high gear.

• http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/859/video-friendly-lenses-for-lumix-dslrs#Item_152

Lens topic guys please. Can someone answer Jack's question which is actually related to topic.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions