Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @onionbrain With all due respect for different taste (which is what lenses come down to) but in a filter combination (lens plus filter), ZF2 Duclos modified are better. I have the 50mm 1.4d and a Zeiss 50 1.4 and a 28 2.0. But with filters, the nikon lenses are too soft. Don't get me wrong, I love Nikon period. I'm allergic to the word Canon, I was beta testing the D1 in France for them. But No, the modified Zeiss are better. So, if you prefer the Nikon to the Zeiss, then you can't stand the adapted Leica neither.

• @onionbrain Richmond, VA here!

• @onionbrain Hold on, you referred to the 28 2.8 right? Bacause the 28 1.4 is a different beast (3,500$ used on ebay)... THAT yes is the best 28 ever PERIOD...

• @leejb4

Well, we've now got three in the Richmond area -- and I'm over here in The Valley. Anyone else in Virginia?

And, anyone in Virginia got free actors that don't suck? :-)

• @onionbrain I'm close enough to Richmond but even the paid actors suck. We're gonna catch hell if we don't get back on subject.

• @Driftwood I just tried the Mysteron Burst. I'm stoopid because I still don't understand the 11 seconds. If push it with TE on and the screen of death, I get a card speed error and with the TE off, it ran until I stopped it. Where does 11 seconds come in?

• @peternap The "11" was a Spinal Tap reference, as in Mysteron Burst Mode goes to 11.

• @terry2 Every time I see your avatar I feel like Yoko Ono is tring to stare me down from the net clad in some outlandish 80's cosmic ensemble... it's freaking me out, dude

• I like it. GH2 becomes GH11

• Haven't had the chance to shoot with the Sedna yet. But here is a short Dark Matter V3 test I did. This hacking stuff is getting into "Ludicrous Speed" territory now.

• @Bueller "Merchandise, merchandise!!"

• when it comes to quality what is better, Sedna AQ20 or AQ1?

• @cinemon Sedna A AQ1 for maximum detail an sharpeness.....but now mysteron burst mode has more of it,...i didnt test mysteron burst yet but read almost all the posts about it,..hopefully will test it tonight

• @onionbrain, do they have different variations of the Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AI-S, cuz I saw some say Series E, while others are not.

• @driftwood @disastronaut

hi guys fantstic work.

I'm a bit confused as to the burst mode. I love mysteron v.1 and also want to really test this new burst mode version. Please could you or anyone briefly explain the burst mode and how i activate it. Is it 24p mode or stills mode?

Sorry if this is basic question.

This is my first test of the Mysteron v.1

• @HillTop1 The E Series version of this lens has 5 elements in 5 groups. The AI-S version has 8 elements in 8 groups. Not even close.

• http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/859/video-friendly-lenses-for-lumix-dslrs#Item_152

Lens topic guys please. Can someone answer Jack's question which is actually related to topic.

• @Jack I'm still playing with it, but it doesn't change 720-60...Thank God, but does kick 1080-24 into high gear.

• @ jack Here's what Driftwood said:

Mysteron Burst setting includes all the same settings HBR, 720p60, 60i, 50 modes etc.. as before in Mysteron non Burst. 720p60 and HBR modes work very well when the detail gets tough and heavy!

• @peternap

Thanks for your response....I was just confused as to whether it was a record mode or the gh2's actual burst mode. in 24p mine does not seem to crash...yet

• @Jack...I understand! Driftwood is so far over my head it takes a while for it to sink in and even then, I get it wrong. I have only gotten write speed errors on te 64gig 95mbs, when I had the TE on and was shooting the enhanced screen of death.

I had to ask earlier about the 11 second comment and it turned out to be another joke that was out of my range. It pertained to "Spinal Tap" which I've never seen (and from the clip I did see, don't want to).

• @peternap Thanks for your advice

• What is the best patch? Mysteron 1er or Burst?

thanks

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions