Personal View site logo
3-axis stabilizers ala FreeFly MOVi or ZenMuse - DIY and commercial
  • 458 Replies sorted by
  • @jlcortex se ve bien! I'd like to know the price as well, when it's ready.

• Ok, just got an email from the Flowcine guys that is really exciting. Indiegogo backers can now reserve the extended version with electronic gyro stabilization. up to three axis and payload 15kg! Also, they offer a joystick for tilt/pan on the handle. Check their indiegogo site.

• Guys, anyone want to make systematic FAQ page on wiki about this stuff?

As even I becoming lost in all this.

• You are absolutely right @Vitaliy_Kiselev, i'm just as lost too. I told myself I will just wait for a manufacturer to make a good working affordable one.

• The rig in the video above where it says "mini DSLR" seems cool. I wonder if it can handle the GH2 with a pancake (still probably too heavy) ... hmm

Edit: it's a 2-axis gimbal http://www.pronews.jp/news/1310031900.html

• Another one on the list. Price 7.500 euro + VAT for GH3 version

http://www.cinefly.it/public/index.php/servizi/cinekam.html

• I send you a video that has made a customer. A million thank to Paul!!!

• What's up guyz? I guess the hype of brush-less gimbals came down. overkill !!

• What's up guyz? I guess the hype of brush-less gimbals came down. overkill !!

You just registered and posted instantly some strange stuff.

• Fantastic rigs, but the price point for non pro shooters is pretty steep :(

• If the prices he mentions at the end stay true, these are some good budget options. Though I dont think he mentioned the heavier DSLR price, maybe around $1000?

• what if I never registered or didn't take part in the discussion, but i was following. What's strange? after movi there was kind of a flood of these gimbals besteady, defy, zenmuse, ghost this or that... but now slowly that hype of revolution called 3-axis brushless gimbal stabilizers is coming to saturation. also nobody is exciting about this technology in professional world, only non pro and independent video/film-makers are talking about this. something is wrong somewhere?

• @aseem

also nobody is exciting about this technology in professional world, only non pro and independent video/film-makers are talking about this. something is wrong somewhere?

Almost all is wrong and not true :-)

As you come here and start behave like troll. Don't do it.

• professionals still prefer Steadicam over these gimbals? Why?

• @aseem

professionals still prefer Steadicam over these gimbals? Why

Why what? Who is your "professionals"?

• Are using Steadycam because they already have them, I understand Vitaly reaction about questions that don't bring anywhere, in other words stupid. If you know what means to use a Steadycam you wouldn't bring up any of these useless questions. What we are waiting for? Right price for our pocket and mature product and you'll see what we can do with these babies :-))

• Thirty-eight years later and the steadicam is still one of Hollywood’s best tools. only problem is it hasn’t seen much improvement. Monitors have been added, ergonomics have steadily improved but the concept has remained the same. These days, it’s all too easy to get caught up in the advertising hype surrounding a new cinema product. All it takes is a slick promo video and clever marketing for companies to set the Internet ablaze. As the hype and expectations build, words like “game-changer” and “revolutionary” are thrown into the mix. Earlier this year, Freefly Systems got our attention by introducing the MōVI: A 3-Axis Gyro-Stabilized Handheld Camera Gimbal, worthy of the title “Game-changer”. In my personal opinion, this tech will live up to the hype and ultimately change filmmaking for the better. But again issue is every manufacturer after freefly wants to make money as soon as possible before this hype ends, which is bad for this tech.

• In my personal opinion, this tech will live up to the hype and ultimately change filmmaking for the better

Are you ok? As you seem to be turning 180 degrees. It makes zero sense.

• @aseem I myself is a steadicam operator. I agree, you have a point bro. film-making is all about storytelling. All these products comes into picture in the end. Nobody cares. Kind of budgets we have for movies $15000 is nothing. nobody in serious business will trust on $1000 gear. And mature product is never gonna come in this budget, those will be expensive, why because market and demand for cinema product is limited, these are not consumer products. you will have limited customer base, so the prices will also have a bottom limit. (#you'll always have a Chinese option). Freefly gimbals are overpriced we know but only they gonna be next cool brand like gopro or zacuto. They introduced us with this and only they are serious about the business. everybody else just en cashing the hype.

• This is my under $100 2 Axis GoPro HelmetCam Gimbal Project.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Yep, have seen that one. The one I'm using above was bought new from ebayer GoodLuckSell $89 including control electronics. Fully assembled, Just attach battery, preset to work with a GoPro straight out of the box. Electronics are mounted between the two antivib plates, that is only a battery pack at the rear of the helmet.

Many new ones appearing all the time.

I'm also using it as a jib/crane head, mounted on a 5 meter carbon pole, no need for mechanical arms and pivots etc.

• @Rambo

Cool, do you have a link?

Gimbals are now very competitive field.