Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @Manu4Vendetta Moon is reliable but does not span on my Sandisk 64 gb 95mbs card.

• my makig of of commercial shot with gh2 with moon t5 all at 720p mode. Thank U @driftwood :)

• from my experience moon 7 24L mode works very reliably on the new Toshiba exceria type 2 card. green one.

• @caveport, Moon T7 isnt reliable?

• I would love to use Moon T7 too, but I need reliable spanning all the time so I use towi's HQ3GOP. It has been great so far. GH4 for me when it comes out!

• @Jacekk No problem with your choice. Each to their own.

• @driftwood

I say thank you for the music...

I've decided to retire my gh2 from production use (will use it privately, still) as it has started to behave a bit dodgy.. Just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you've put into it, making it such a beast of a camera. If I have the time, I'll edit a short tribute - best of kind of reel!

• @Jacekk Thank you!

• @kkorr March 15 What do you usually use for "long low light interviews"? What hack would you recommend?

I use FloMotion2 for that purpose, although as @driftwood says, he can prove that I shouldn't be :) .

All I can say is make your tests under whatever conditions you will be using the hack and make your choice accordingly. It's not a case of examining pixels under a microscope unless that floats your boat - it's whatever works best for you and whatever looks best to you. I was a professional photographer for 25 years before becoming a professional filmmaker for the last 15 or so, so I do have an eye tuned and experienced for certain things but I have no hacking experience whatsoever and I defer to those Lords of the Realm such as @vitaliy_kiselev @Driftwood and @Lpowell and all those how have devoted so much time and skill to this cause.

This from the FAQs http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-popular-settings is a great start to compare hacks - I wish someone with the knowledge would keep this updated.

• Thanks very much @driftwood "Provide the graphs and compression details and I WILL prove you wrong." No graphs, no compression details, not a scientist nor engineer - just a long time professional photographer and video maker judging uncompressed tests by eye on a broadcast monitor. As I said in my post there is no wrong or right it's just my own taste and my own opinion. I am not after maximum data rate - I am after good clean low-light video that spans 100% of the time and can be reasonably stored on cards as backup. I fully acknowledge MoonT7 to be the greatest hack and everything it is meant to be, but it is not right for my purposes.

• moon T7 24l test,:)

• @driftwood Just the news I've been waiting for! Sounds like it's going to be well worth the wait.

• Very cool

• @matt_gh2 Wow! Thanks for taking the time - I'm highly appreciative; it was very kind of you. I hope to return the favor soon. The shoot was actually on a ranch in Solvang, Ca, which is about 2 hours north of Los Angeles.
    They wanted a Bollywood feel, so I did my best. If I had known they wanted music video instead of a BTS video, I would've done things a bit different (like controlled lighting); however, the past is the past and ending a project on a positive note (bruises and all), always lifts the weight of the shoulders. The BMPCC is a lil' beast of a camera with it's image... but that GH2 still has some magic in her. Also, Shian's Color Ghears saved my arse in a lot of situations with the limited time I had.

• Looks Good! Lunalboo. I agree with Matt. I just installed the moon t7 a week ago..Loving it! Thanks Driftwood.

• @lunalobo75 I hear you on late night editing - after a certain hour I just go to sleep for fear of doing more damage than good! I checked on Safari and Chrome on my 2007 MacBookPro, as well as Samsung S3 phone --and all looks great. All blacks look black (elephant's eye, woman's eye makeup, guy's hair, etc.). Great location for a shoot - may I ask what part of the world the shoot took place? (You've definitely earned the Happy Hour chill time - this looks pro no doubt.)

• @driftwood Moon T8?!?! Can't wait!!! I'm still blown away with Moon T7 ... Best ever 720 setting? I THINK SO!

• @matt_gh2 Thanks for the feedback, man. Hell, thanks for watching! The top hat stripes were greyish, so thanks for pointing that out. I think there's a setting within my Nvidia control panel that's limiting the range with web videos. I'll have to look into when I get home. Everyone keeps telling me the colors are saturated correctly, so it has to be browser/gpu settings. At times, when you are working long nights, a vegetative state induces a color shift in your brain which mucks up your whole night of editing. PHEW! Can't wait to move on from this project and have a quick "Happy Hour" relax time.

• @lunalobo75 Looks great to my eye. I did see a bit of desaturated gray blacks on the woman's hat that had black and white stripes. The other stuff I wouldn't be able to tell unless I knew exactly what color things were (such as the guy's shirt etc.). All in all, I say pretty damn nice looking video. Well done.

• Hey Guys, let me know if any of you are getting a gamma shift/washed out with my video.

Looks great on the Iphone and Tablet, but I notice on my desktop it's a bit desaturated with greyed blacks. Anyways, shot this puppy with the BMPCC and the GH2 (Moon T7); I'd say a 60/40 split with the Gh2/BMPCC Lenses used: Voigtlander 17.5mm, Canon FD 50mm, switar 10mm. I'm in no way a colorist, and the original intention was just a BTS video for a photographer's shoot (had a lot of 3-shots with the models and photog), but last minute they wanted me to turn it into a music video - Oy! So I scrounged to find a story. I know, some shots are blown out. I'll take the slacking for it. First time using the BMPCC.

• @driftwood Sounds great re T8. Let me know if you need any testing done - I'm happy to help.

• @tinyrobot Well, the camera was released in 2010 and the hacked in 2011 (which is when @Driftwood introduced his intra settings), so it's been longer than that. It's been about two years since @Driftwood introduced the Quantum X settings, though. :)

But your point about how @Driftwood has to use VK's hack to update settings so many years later is one I very much agree with: the settings have helped the GH2 to stay remarkably viable over three years after it's release.

• Amazing how one man keeps the resale value of a 2 year old camera up!!!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters