Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Has anyone on here seen mention of any direct comparisons between a Moon T7 hacked GH2 and a GH4? If I'm being honest, since I got my GH4 I haven't done anything with my GH2, but then I pulled up some old footage I took with T7, and it looked really good... :) I'll probably have to get it in gear and do some sort of a comparison some time coming up I guess.

• @tommydw set camera to movie mode, menu-creative movie- set manual movie mode, menu-motion picture-rec mode- set to avchd 720p

• I hacked my GH2 with Moon T7, how can I set it to 60P? Many thanks.

• My Latest Film All Shot On t7

Looking forward to T8!!!

• Looks great! @RdC

• @RdC, what an amazing little movie you made there!!! Was this the RJ Lens Turbo Vitaliy sells?

• @matt_gh2 :) Thanks. When I use the 45-175 line. F5.6 I found flickering .I'm still trying to solve.:)

• Here is my short movie. Shot on moon t7, sigma 30mm 1.4 with lens turbo almost all scenes.. I was inspired by vimeo´s horror movies. Thank you Nick Driftwood.

• @inqb8tr

If I were you and I had to shoot something that long and wanted to make sure the camera would not freeze I would use Cake V2.3 excellent super reliable patch. I have tested this patch to death and it is super reliable. Out of the Cluster X series of patches I found Drewnet to be the most unreliable, try and shoot it in other modes and see what happens. The camera will freeze and you will have to perform a battery pull. So to your question I would say that Drewnet is more prone to freezing in general than any of the other patches from the Cluster X series. If I am not mistaken Drewnet actually pushes the envelope in terms of processing power so this is probably why it is more unstable.

• @johnnyskulls, amazing work--LOVE IT! :)

• I had a camera freeze with Drewnet T9 24H on the 64GB 95mbps Extreme Pro card at about 40 minutes of recording. Had to remove the battery. First freeze with GH2 for me ever, of course i had to happen in the middle of single camera shooting of theatre play.. I've always used intra settings before but I needed 90+ minutes of continuos recording time for this gig. Is this freeze thing totaly random or some settings are more prone to it than others? What other setting could I use for this kind of events?

• @TATZU I'm sure he's alive and well, just busy with work, life. T8 will come soon and then as Pedro said "all your wildest dreams will come true..."

@electria0814 Looks great. Nice editing and nice music choices. You have a good eye for composing shots. One thing I noticed was some flickering horizontal lines on some shots. They were barely noticeable, but might be worth solving for any paid work. Keep up the nice work. Thanks for posting.

• Moon T7 24l :)

• Did @Driftwood die or something?

• @jhonnyskulls

Nice work in every sense of the word :-) Seriously though excellent job!!!!

• Moon T7, nikon 70-210, Sigma 30

• I must apologize. I didn't want to hijack the thread with the audio questions. I started a new thread (link below)

In the meantime:

I looked into the CM 60, @oto02, but I couldn't find one single sample online. Also, I would need to fashion a dead-cat for that one (that did not read - kill and skin a cat to make an accessory)

I also saw this and, I have to say, listening through my DT770 32ohm and dragonfly, the AT897 and the MKH 416 have a similar character since they have considerably less bass than the MKE 600. All three are the best here, though, at a distance.

This one is a close up test.

My work is more or less in between the two, both indoors and outdoors.

Both the AT897 and the MKE 600 can be battery powered, which I like.

After watching this, I have decided that the Rode Videomics do not offer me anything so I am going to sell mine and get either of the two above unless someone suggests something else.

I have started a new thread in the Audio and Music forum to make sure we don't go off topic for an extra page here and leave the patches and other related comments flourish here.

The new thread is here:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/10692/shotgun-mics-directly-to-the-gh2-with-the-448kbps-hack.-choices-and-advise

Many thanks again to everyone for their help. I would love it if anyone still interested in contributing can come over and continue to work out a good solution for a GH2+Mic lone rider combo for documentary work.

• Looks like the ISK CM-60 doesn't need phantom power supply, http://www.swamp.net.au/isk-cm-60-battery-powered-condensor-microphone.html I'll report once I'm gonna test it. The only thing is, needs customized cable plus a 3.5 to 2.5 jack. Anyone has used this before?

• @hexagonal

If you check the popup in PTools, you'll see that any change to the audio bitrate will make the clips unplayable in camera. It's not likely the extra data that's doing it. Going from 192 to 448 is insignificant compared to the video bitrates being pushed. It's just the way the camera works. I believe this applies to ANY patch. You can't change the audio bitrate if you want in-camera playback.

Having said that, I prefer to push it myself. I recorded a live orchestra with both the GH2 at 448 and the Zoom H4n using 24/48 .wav files. I then cut up both tracks to switch between them in my NLE, and when exported to a new 24/48 wav file, I could not tell where the cuts were occurring on my semi-decent Denon/Paradigm sound system.

The GH2 records some DAMN good audio.

• Hi guys,

Thinking of gettin' 40 ISK CM-20C and 48V phantom power supply, but looks like this set up is only for indoor (stuck near the power socket for the phantom thing). How can I take this set up outdoor, is there an option for this? With this set up, do I still need the amp such as Beachtek DXA 5Da or juicelink ones? Thanks for your input.

• @hexagonal Yeah I'll be plugging into small Roland R-05 recorder, which has phantom power, and attaching recorder to camera rig/setup. Not sure if there's is a phantom power add-on/adapter that plugs into mics to give them phantom power. Once I actually use and test mic, I'll post my thoughts. I think it will be good based on samples I've heard so far.

• @matt_gh2 That looks like a really good mic for the cash. I was looking at the Rode Videomic Pro or the Sennheiser MKE 600 (but second hand)

I am liking the size and the performance from the two videos I saw on that thread. It would be great to hear your opinion on it.

Only thing...phantom power only. I would ideally want something I can plug straight to the GH2 so an internal battery is a must I imagine.

• @hexagonal For inexpensive mic, maybe try this $40 ISK CM-20C. I bought one and haven't tested yet, but build quality is solid and this link has some nice sounding videos shot with it:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/7630/best-indoor-mic-for-under-1000/p3

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters