Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @klem007 thx! witch lense after the crash-szene?

• Here's some Sedna AQ1 I put under heavy heavy grading. Ginger HDR, a few auto levels here and there, and magic bullet looks. There's some grain to it but it held up well for the stress I put it through. I'm loving it. I did a wedding with it that came out really nicely. The stills were incredible. I'll put a few up when I get to my other comp.

• @cinemon pana leica 25mm 1.4 and some fd primes 35mm 50mm 85mm 1.8 i think i used standard profile (:

• Does Sedna AAQ1 records 1080p better than the new canon 5d mk3 ??? Anyone compared these both??

• @klem007 very nice! what lenses and picture profile?

• @cmel just rename them u can rename setc to setd,..read the ini for details don't get confused with patch names,...put them in different alphabets in pool folder,..open ptool set firmware in,..it will automatically take up the patches in quick change bar.

• @xavieramelio - thanks mate. I never noticed the tooltip behaviour when you hover over the buttons. I guess I was just blindly loading patches before :-| ... Now on with the tests...

• @cmel, if you put all the ini files in the ptools folder, when you open it you will see the botton letters highlighted, if you place your arrow over each letter it will show you a quick description of each file, so you know wich one to click.

• I'm looking to compare Sedna AQ1 "A" and CM 'Night' at a salsa nightclub, but I have the same question as @TheRuggedAdventurer: I just downloaded the Sedna AQ1 Pack and inside was setc.ini, setd.ini, and seth.ini. Which one is A, B, or C?

• @thepalalias yes yes I still need help, I cancelled a double post I made by mistake.. thanks

• @robbie75vr Was it cancelled because you solved the problem? Or did you still need help?

• cancelled--

• Guys I have a problem

I made some aerial filming with sedna, rec mode HBR, NTSC. Final Cut Pro X says the footage is 1080i29,97. The files transcoded by FCPX in prores422 are still interlaced. Anyway If I look the videos I see many many artifacts.. horizontal lines over details, very disturbing, some blocks of the image sometimes becomes a bit blurred..

What am I doing wrong ?

(sample file www.jumbofoto.it/stuffbox/sedna-sample.zip )

Thanks

• @driftwood , any news on Cluster 2.0 ?

• @paglez no, i will use the matrix from the patch Canis Majoris "night" the noise level looks like it is very low in this patch and the pictures are brilliant

• @xavieramelio thanks! I can't wait either.

• @jazzwalker, love your video, looking forward to see the music video you will make...

• @bheath I am looking forward to it! I have shot with 77mm Tiffen Ultra Contrast 1, Ultra Contrast 3, Low Contrast 2 and Warm Black Promist 1 filters. They all have their pros and cons but for softening skin, the Warm Black Promist 1 is often the most flattering. Still, I have experimented with stacking just about every permutation of those filters to see what I could get. Most of the time what I got was a not very detailed and overly washed out image that I could not save in post, but then again: I am still learning and the issue is far more my desire to try crazy things than the fault of the filters. :)

• @thepalalias, I haven't used pro mist filters on the gh2 yet, but i'm considering trying. I used them quite a bit with film, especially the later, sharper stocks. I was even looking at possible a rear element net. If I manage it, I will post some results. btw, the canis night settings have been working very well with the things I've been doing.

• All sedna aq 1

you can credit and most of all comment, this is going before a judge in school so i need to get the bugs out (:

• ""in the future i will use the Canis Majoris "night" patch i think this is the best patch i the moment."" Could you explain this a bit, please?: You refer Canis Majoris "night" with panasonic matrix?

• @peaceonearth thank you :-) i used a glidacam hd 1000 @paglez for the pictoris patch i used the panasonic matrix. in the future i will use the Canis Majoris "night" patch i think this is the best patch i the moment.

• @peaceonearth Thanks! it's a promo to a music video i'm shooting. the message is about struggle and how to become the greatest you can be through that.

• @POP24 Absolutely amazing pictures!!! Could you post here your pictoris modified patch? Thank you and congratulations

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions