Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @Nino_Ilacqua Great Work love how it look so Filmic

• For me the best of best are: Sedna AQ1 C and Mysteron (burst and A)

Thanks for Nick Driftwood and Vitaliy Kiselev

• @From_Paris Hi I am no expert but from what I read should be what you wanted:

Driftwood Mysteron. - Released 29th March 2012

Top notch 24pH Intra setting with deblocking. 720p50/60 (GOP3/6) Workling and spanning. HBR / 1080i INTRA. Plus special burst mode setting of Mysteron giving 170M+ recordings and 900k Intra frame sizes at 5 secs hi detail, longer at less detail.

Download:

Mysteron Standard Link

Mysteron Burst Link

• @From_Paris Sorry the download link should be in first page

• Sedna 720p50 and HBR 25p and Mysteron all modes are pretty fucking amazing, I cant understand why people dont rate 'em. It works for me but can appreciate the card stops for some of you.

• I think that most are still getting over the fact that Mysteron wasn't an April 1'st joke! ;-) It wasn't right?

• @driftwood I tried VERY SHORTLY Mysteron on 50p, give me only 17000 Kbts/s same shot with Sedna or Orion much much higher 50000 Kbts/s if I remember correctly.. So I decided to stay with Sedna that looks very good on 50p. That it´s..

• @driftwood do you do all of your testing on SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC?

• @driftwood Mysteron 1080i60 locked up (had to remove battery) shooting at iso640 around 4 minutes

• @Tifose Thanks! "Filmic" is a very pleasant compliment to receive!

• I could lock up also by using P exposure mode (HBR PAL) ... (Mysteron not the burst one ...)

• @From_Paris I am interested in 1080p25 for same reason and tested a few patches. I use a Sandisk 32gb 95mb/s card and a Nikkor 18-55 DX lens. For me in HBR the best spanning patch is Cake 2.0, and the best non-spanning is Mysteron Burst. @driftwood Thank you for your great job. I need a failsafe patch in HBR, and I couldn't manage to fail any clip with Mysteron Burst today, filming outside rolling cars, fountains and trees in the wind. And shots can last more than 6 minutes at about 82mb/s, they don't span, but they are ok even when stopping alone at the 4gb limit. With Mysteron at 720p50 I had many blocks in case of motion in picture. SednaAQ1 in HBR failed to much for me and with Sedna Q20 I got many clips I couldn't read on the GH2. But I am so happy with Mysteron Burst ! Thanks again. And thanks to VK too !

• Small test with Orion v4b in werry bright condition, and fast movement. Pany 14-140, s50, iso 160. No grading, or anything.

• @driftwood in my tests of Sedna Q20 ver. B 1080i60 stops at 10 minutes every time on SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC

• @thepalalias, late reply to but I also would like to see the SeAQuake and Quantum v9b vs Sedna and Mysteron. Maybe throw terraquake in there too? Like Terraquake VS Mysteron, and Seaquake VS Sedna VS Orion

• I just used Mysteron and my film still sucks. No character development, horrible dialogue, and plain boring. wtf i want my money back. ps: just donated. thx for the hard work, its not thankless!

• @LumixUser i know sedna A AQ1 will win in post production,.. i was wrong at first then realized fault my side,.. my gpu i changed it to nvidia 9 series ,.. better gpu drives cuda well,.. then after all this i found sedna with vegas a great combination for severe grading and fstops in redgiant suites,... mysteron is also technically better,.. the mysteron v1 is so friendly i tried it with +9 fstops,.. was sooo good,... sedna a aq1 and mysteron non burst responses so similar,...for burst test thank u,..i didn't try burst yet,.. risk factor!!

• It may be just me.. but Myst burst mode seems to only crash when there is alot of unpredictable movement. Basically leaves flustering alot from wind. Everything else seems good, you might have to be picky on outside scenes and high iso scenes but I think it would be possible to make a short film with it. Rushing water even seems to be fine.... the crashes come for me when I raise iso and shoot some scenes above 1250 or shoot leaves in the wind :/. imageimageimage

00000.MTS (0_00_04) 000001.bmp
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
    00002.MTS (0_00_10) 000002.bmp
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
    00002.MTS (0_00_21) 000000.bmp
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
  • @spaceandtime

Myst burst mode seems to only crash when there is alot of unpredictable movement.

All-I (intra) encoders are unaffected by movement. In fact, the more and faster the movement the better, because motion blur reduces details. Only sharpness and hight detail in any one single frame can stress the encoder.

Increasing ISO will increase noise, which, given its random nature and Mysteron’s sharp matrix, will result in extra detail. The next thing you know, the camera crashes.

• @Mr_Moore

thanks for the info. But one thing i dont understand is why am i able record a whole orchard of trees with leaves barely flutterring but as soon as heavy winds rush across them it crashes about 5 secs after? All this at the same distance.

• @tinbeo @Driftwood

I saw all the tests we VIMEO, every patch, I do not know why but I think Orion V4B always seems to be better (like Quantum V9B few weeks ago).

Orion = V4B Sedna Mysteron = 25P = all in too?

Thank you for helping me.

• Orion V4b = 25P? Sedna too? Mysteron too?

• Didn't you want to shoot in HBR mode? And did you ever update your camera with the new firmware of Panasonic?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions