Personal View site logo
GH2 INTRA Demo: It's Collaboration Time!
  • Guys, its time for me to ask a favour. I want YOU for 10 seconds.

I would like to put together a demo of the GH2 in INTRA mode to show off various settings for a Driftwood (Vimeo & downloadable) Spectacular to show its capabilities. I would like as many different scenes, lenses, EX Tele, iDynamic, etc...

The subject matter can be anything so long as it is only ONE scene location and lasts a maximum of 10 seconds. I want a collage of great variety to put together from around the world. Can be landscapes, wildlife, water, trees (groan!), people, whateverthef@ck you want (within reason!)
    You may have already filmed something spectacular which this would be good for.

But it has to be filmed in ANY of the INTRA settings posted by me or adapted by yourselves.

So those interested private message (PM) me with a link to your mts & graded file (pro res HQ minimum) - the location, the lens, the extra settings, etc... etc...

Any titling will be put on by my editor following the details & specs you supply us. Therefore,everyone will get a credit on the footage so no problems :-)

And take great care getting perfect exposure for the subject required!

Cutoff date: 10th November 2011. All those willing to take part say 'Aye' below this thread heading.

Thanks,
    Nick Driftwood

UPDATE: Here is the final ungraded showreel, the graded showreel will be up here on 17th December.

Ungraded:

Graded:
  • 153 Replies sorted by
  • Illl upload over the top another version, guess I must have switched off one of the channel's in the nle by accident or pushed it to the R by accident somewehre!

• @Driftwood Regarding

I just noticed that the current version here (unlike the one your originally uploaded) only has audio in the R channel.

I downloaded the .MOV file (to make sure it wasn't a Vimeo issue) and also played back the "Graded only" and "Ungraded" versions as control checks. Only the comparison video had the issue, and the issue is present in both the streaming Vimeo and the downloadable .MOV.

• That squalid and entropic rat should be a profoundly tacit affirmation of why the rest being shown is worth experiencing.

Viva el rata!
  • Hello Gentlemen.

Just a couple of notes for the curious. No worries Lolo, I didn't try and grade the flower I was just playing around with it knowing that your own version would be going up. FGCU's "Moment of Truth" guy was also not graded because I was also under the impression that he would also be providing his own version. And the Fireworks shot was not graded. Also 4R's "into the mist" was not graded. And the steadicam shot by Mr. Bkmcwd was only very lightly graded so you could see what was in the shrine at the end which you could not see in the original. Also the shot with the girl walking under the streetlights is not the correct grade. I have emailed Mr. Driftwood the right one and put it in his dropbox. If anyybody has any questions that they want to ask me personally about any grades just pm me.

Happy Holidays

Glad to hear that people don't like the rat. :]
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Yeah, like the idea. After Skin Tones Showreel, that'll be the next. But promise me you'll include some footage from you?! ;-)
  • Nice to see it.
    Didn't like rat :-)

What do you think about making some core idea in the net try.
    So, people won't go wrong and you could make all into solid stuff looking like short piece done by one man.

How about "Long walk" idea. One endless move at fixed height and specified speed, with seamless intercuts (using passing guys, columns, and similar things). Along many differen cities around the globe.

• The full version is now up on Vimeo at;-

Enjoy, and a BIG big thank you to @Bueller for doing the grading :-)
  • :) thank you, i feel kind of lame though, even though it is better thatn the white/magenta, is not that good, compared to others bueller grading, :)
  • @lolo Your graded version is incorporated into the reupload now check to see :-)
  • @lolo its cool. Dont worry man. Vimeo's replace tool is good. But itll take a few hours till they finish upload. Both versions.
  • leave @lolo's flower alone. It's perfect as it is! :)
  • Thanks a lot @bueller. I liked your grading so much on some of the parts that I'm compiling a list of my favorites (having now downloaded the MOV to check more closely).

But before I get to that list, your grading of @Driftwood's 'Sunset' was a definite standout. :)
  • I enjoyed that, and looking forward to the final-final version. Hard to lock off a final first time with so many contributors, perhaps varying views on grade and choices made. @lolo, your flower was so beautifully rich and, basically already "graded", I guess the grade had to go somewhere else. That said, the amendment coming will be great. Thank you @driftwood, @bueller, et al.
  • i´m not offended, don´t worry about that...
    its just there is really no aesthethic intention on that particular color grade, it doesnt make any sense, because there is no enhancement on what that shoot can display (specially considering that i do sended a graded version with an aesthetic intention... twice)
    but, if you are going to reupload, well, i kind of feel guilty now :P, fuck it...

just upload it on the version that you are going to upload without the fades to compare, please :), that way you will not have to work that much
  • @lolo Your graded flower version will go in the complete graded video going up later tonight. I left it to Bueller to grade away - we didn't mean to offend you - maybe he is trying to demonstrate the shadows and highlights with his version of the grade. No offence intended I can assure you.
    Update: We'll also overwrite this version with yours and reupload , youre absolutely right to be upset.
  • there are some nice grades there,

...but wtf happened with my flower, instead of making it worst you could of just used the graded file i made, upload and sended twice, it doesnt make any sense making it white with magenta, seriously wtf?

either way, nice to see that it came out a collaborative graded video
  • Ungraded to Graded comparison video is at;-

• @Driftwood, Where is the showreel located? Also is it too late to get in on the second one?
  • Bueller is sending me graded files at the moment. :-)
  • driftwood sorry man,i dint se you message until now
  • @Driftwood Looking forward to it, Nick. :)
  • @all Showreel 1 is complete, but of course many people wanted to take part who have emailed me recently who didnt make the deadline. Therefore, and because of the new patches (seAQuake and TerrAQuake plus spanmybitchup and aquamotion2) and ptools 3.63d with the new ISO settings we will be looking at doing showreel number 2. Except it will be more themed towards movie style clips.
    Any suggestions as to what theme: let us all know here. :-)
    The first showreel ungraded will be going up tomorrow, quickly followed by Bueller's graded version a few days later. Thanks once again. Nick
  • @TrackZillas upload to Dropbox overnight. And add my email address driftwood.brighton@gmail.com as a recipient in Dropbox. Dropbox is free for upto 2gigs. Please try and send the highest quality without grading. An .mts file is preferred. Nothing too long. Remember 10 seconds is max per clip.
  • @bkmcwd changed ;-) I needed a title!