Personal View site logo
Panasonic GX7 aka GX2, with IBIS topic
  • 499 Replies sorted by
  • With the Noctitron 42.5mm.

• Ok, for those looking for a loupe, I can confirm that the new PnC Magview 16:9 fits quite well and gives 100% coverage. Not the greatest of quality but a fucking bargain for 45$ imageimageimage

Frame.JPG
    720 x 540 - 169K
    Hood.JPG
    720 x 540 - 161K
    Full.JPG
    1632 x 1224 - 589K
  • Hi, Another little test.

pass:12345

• Just in case anyone is looking for an arca compatible QR plate, the Kirk PZ-130 fits perfectly. There are 3rd party stuffs of course, but this one has an anti-slip lip - and if oriented to the front it does not interfere with the screen. This clamp coupled with a Kirk 1" QR clamp (or 3rd party equiv like Sunwayfoto, etc) is a perfect combo for this little guy.

photo.jpg
    504 x 309 - 148K
  • @16pads Footage looks great.

• Anyone know how the low light performance is compared to the GH2?

http://snapsort.com/compare/Panasonic-GX7-vs-Panasonic_Lumix_DMC-GH2 says it has only a 0.1 f-stop improvement, which is surprising (obviously the GX7 sensor stabilisation will add at least another stop)

Thanks!

• I have a GH2 and a GX7 - low light performance from the GX7 is much better, both in stills as in video. Much less noise.

• Low light GX7 with Speed Booster + Minolta 35 f1.8 & 58f1.4 and some canon stills in between. ISO up to 1600, in cam NR0.

• Last week in Fes, Morocco

P1040702.jpg
    4592 x 3064 - 2M
  • Another little test. Wanted to see how the Minoltas feel on a GX7.

pass:12345

thanks for watching.

• I'm loving this camera, however i've found a huge bug on the video mode, at least in the European version i have. If recording at 50p in AVCHD i get duplicate frames instead of real 50p. In MP4 i get the real 50p. But… i found recently that it may record the duplicated frames in MP4 also, i don't know how or when this can happen but i've been recording a music video with it and from one take to another it started giving me the 25p duplicated.

Does anyone knows how to report bugs to Panasonic?

• @JLemos

Something tells me that you just use very slow shutter speed :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I don't believe it was a error like that, in AVCHD it only gives me the duplicated frames. During the recording of the music video we were on set, fixed camera and lights, nothing changed between those takes, the only thing i can think of might have been the battery change. Two weeks before i've been working with the camera under the same conditions and all went well. For anyone curious, the codec holds up surprisingly well under color grading and post production, much better than any Canon DSLR with Magic Lantern at 3x the bitrate.

• @JLemos

As soon as shutter will drop below 1/50 it'll be making such things. I am sure it is the only thing that can happen :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I have been doing motion tests at 1/40, 1/50, and 1/60 on the G6 and never encountered, as far as I know, duplicated frames. What speeds do you expect this to kick in, and why would this happen?

• @Mckinise

As soon as shutter speed for single frame becomes longer than time distance between frames camera has no other option :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Ok, i've found what happens at least at some extent. When the shutter is at 1/50 it'll do the duplicated frames, at 1/60 it's all good. But it should work at 1/50 in the Pal / European version, should't it? Usually i use Shutter Speeds of 1/100 or higher and never go bellow 1/50, maybe that's the reason why i thought it was random.

• feb_sales68.jpg
    800 x 396 - 124K
    feb_sales67.jpg
    800 x 638 - 37K
  • If the GX7 would record to 4K, would be the perfect camera for me.

• I am looking for a small form factor cage for GX7 and was wondering if it is possible to use a BMPCC cage? Other cages are too big or expensive. Varavon armor cage for example looks really good. As long as I can access the top dials, the rest is not really important. Any suggestion?