Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
It's Official: Firmware Update for DMC-GH2 / G3 / GF3 / GF2 coming
  • 372 Replies sorted by
  • @Mark_the_Harp Yes, the hidden beverage menu will be moved out into the open now that they've worked out the kinks. I suspect they are also preparing the camera for compatibility with their new line of nozzles . . . although I'm not sure why you'd buy those, as it can use great vintage nozzles, which are cheaper and manual control.
  • The GF13 will be nice with the X 14-42, but if no new firmware, not sure it will be compatible, and if there is, I presume some work will be needed if V. wants to hack it ...
  • I wonder if the AF100 will get a firmware update.
  • now if only there was a leak.... c'mon moles ....
  • I wish they support peaking feature...
  • hey @Vitaliy_Kiselev, in regard to the new firmware supporting 25p would this mean that the 'new' code can be utilized to understand what is going on inside the GH2? Possibly allowing you to understand more about the camera? (Basically comparing the current firmware to the new firmware?)
  • Will it have the menu option that was removed after v0.8 (pre-release)? This was accessed via Extras > Other > Hidden > Beverage > Coffee > with the various options for sugar etc? We want to know. I'm getting my nozzles serviced in anticipation.
  • @Vitaliy
    I know people who after the LSD talking to the previous incarnations of the paper. To the trees. I am glad that you did not;-)
  • >It's seem that your are in contact with Panasonic...

I am in contact with Panasonic press release.
    I really wanted to talk with it, but dumb paper do not respond. :-)
  • It's seem that your are in contact with Panasonic...Please Vitaliy can you talk to them about Composite Out... LOL
    Thanks !
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev No to blocking the hack? Fab!!!
  • The big question, is it going to block the hack?
  • let's hope they will make as easy as possible to continue work on next changes around hack.. I think they are really impressed by Vitaliy's work on Panasonic micro4/3 cameras..
  • @Vitaliy to adapt ptool to any new firmware, it's a lot of work, right ? Would you have to dump again ? Does your "dumping GH2" could be used again for that purpose ?
  • From my point of view, it would be kind of miracle even if they give us 25p! :)
  • Panasonic should give us 50p at 1080p to maintain GH2's competitiveness against the new Sony cams w AVCHD2.0 before GH3 rolled out. But again, it's Panasonic... it "may" just spare us a 25p...
  • According to recent interview it is possible that GH2 users also will see 25p.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions