Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
It's Official: Firmware Update for DMC-GH2 / G3 / GF3 / GF2 coming
  • 372 Replies sorted by
  • it does take effort to make both of them look bad, the footage isn't the problem, my technique is deafly not the problem
    :) it's the size of the cams, and very comfy position canon has, people have asked me if i used 5D and L glass so i know what you mean.
  • It's a showreel from a production company they expect it to be red, or your telling me they know what red looks like? haha
  • So it's Dec, but still no firmware update in sight
  • I was going to post a reply saying "Firmware available" and then "Made you look!". :) But alas, I too am waiting.
  • Dec aint over yet :)
  • @stonebat
    "will be available worldwide from the beginning of December". That was yesterday.
  • "beginning"....

Dec has just begun. The beginning ain't over yet. Gawd. You guys sound like my 6 yo kid.
  • Yep. Beginning is everething before the end :-), So 30 Dec is also beginning :-)
  • No. There is a beginning, middle and end. No sane person would say December 30th is the beginning of December. Using that logic, everything is the end that comes right after the beginning. So December 1st @ 12:01 A.M. is the end of December.
    Where is my firmware????

:) Just bored out of my mind at work. 6 year old is pretty good actually; I was going for more like my 5 or even 2 year old at home. Which I will be annoyed by all night thanks to NO FIRMWARE. :)
  • they will make it as a x-mass present ... :-)
    so not beginning, not end than middle ...
    these two days in Dec looks to me as two years ...
  • LOL @FEHA you have the bug too!

I guess I'm just dying to know if I can toggle the ETC mode while recording. That'd be amazing if I could.
  • Am looking forward to noise reduction. And also curious about the cryptic "24p editable mode". It's so esoteric, I dun know what the marketing pp at Panny are really saying
  • Panasonic released the GF2 new firmware on (Oct. 5, 2011) when they say beginning of October ...
    so I think the GH2 new firmware will release very soon ...
  • @rains :)
    the comment was from a third party (someone I don't know) watching the footage, unaltered..
    The director of the showreel (who's also a part of the production company) liked the look of the gh2, hence I got to shoot most of the stuff..
    It had just gotten the gh2 back then, so it would have propably looked a lot better if I've shot it now. I definately would not have used stock gh2 either. ;)
  • Every begining has the end and every end has the begining.
  • "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
    Winston Churchill
  • So perhaps within 2 weeks from now:-)
    Worse things have taken longer than expected.
    Be patient
  • Actually I don't really understand the big anticipation for the firmware update?
    I'm a bit curious too but chances are they simply just deliver what is being listed on their page.
    Meaning no 25p and especially no 4:2:2 or even 10-bit. Maybe some day in the future I can see another small firmware update if they should release new lenses to justify such a release. Maybe THAT update will include 25p. But anyways...can't be really bothered with 25p, I know some of you do though so there :)
    I'd be happy to see some bugs gone, as well as curious to see what the improved noise reduction actually does.

If this update would give us access to the full power of the camera I'd be super nervous but this...meh!
    Sorry if I sound like a party pooper but take it easy :D
  • On the official site it states "[EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording"

If this means tele mode will be available for photos too.. That would be wonderful by it self.
  • EX Tele is available for photos already, you just have to make sure the size of the photo you're taking is set at smaller than Large
  • Indeed, but only with jpg, maby now also in raw .....
  • Huh I don't see the point as EX Tele is just a crop anyway, you can do it in post yourself if you're going to use RAW
  • for people who dont want to use the full megapixels in their photos to save space? maybe..
  • Exactly. Doesn't make much sense for photo – you gain more freedom for framing by doing your own cropping.
  • My guess is that we will see the firmware this week.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions