Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • whats the new features, a new button to press, some lights the go on and off. Maybe the odd BING!

• i'd wish we could save our files to something else besides .mts , its a bitch extension

• Vitaliy_Kiselev 2:49PM PTool will be released to general public very soon.

Just when i was thinking off stop using the hacked 1.0 and use firmware 1.1 till the release off the new ptool... thank you

• Got to love it VK!

• Thanks VK - Looking forward to it!

• PTool will be released to general public very soon.

• @alcomposer Somewhere in Siberia, around a lake filled up with vodka

• Hahah This is becoming quite the social spot ehh. If this party ever happens it will have some of the best coverage ever. Wish you guys would have it in Austin, Tx I used to work as a party planner and this city is known for it's wild party's and live music that are less pretentious than Vegas or some of the other hot spots. This is great news about there being no problems. I expected nothing less from a perfectionist. Hopefully there will be a lot of news coverage so Vitaliy can make some serious bank.

• Any ideas for a launch party @V?

• Again. All that is happening for now is testing. Right now with current beta version no problems had been found. But we'll make more tests anyway,

• The new PTool comes when it comes. In the meantime keep on working with the old PTool and keep up the donations.

• I am sure Vitaliy is working hard, I am the sympathetic sort of guy. You don't get any moaning from me :)

• I'm hoping this is the right topic to ask this question, otherwise a moderator or something are free to move or delete it.

Are there any downsides with Driftwood 176 mbps besides the file sizes? Like if it's not so good in post production like color grading, or if it's not doing that well when you're using a moving camera or filming a moving subject etc?

• In the end I think we should donate some bucks only for the Vitaliy patience :)

Byeeee

• Its best to be patient. Vitaliy is doing a lot of hard work on this - he's working flat out I can tell you.

• You should be a little bit more patient. I prefer Vitaliy to be working on that than just replying all day long to the same question, if one hour is no news for you, it is good then. What I hope that you don't feel sour if it does not come out during the weekend or even next week.

• No news, good news. Maybe this weekend????

• "I hope that soon it'll be releasec to public"

Dear Vitaliy, could you be more explicit with "soon"? Thank you, sir.

• Right now all is going quite good with new PTool.
    We moved to beta stage. I hope that soon it'll be released to pubic.

• "This means that with this PTool the GF2 will have Video manual controls?"

"No. Not yet. It is nearest target, but we need to understand how to do it."

@Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks!

• I apologize for having mistakenly posted, but I ran into quite a problem that only today I solved ...... I bought a GH2 on ebay from Taiwan. When I started to run hack I came across the following problem: When clicked on the play button, I was displaying the following message "no valid pics to play." after many attempts and requests for help .............. I managed to figure out what was wrong. Instead of inserting the number 10 I had to insert the number 11 in the increase of release, and renamed the new firmware GH2__V11.bin

• This means that with this PTool the GF2 will have Video manual controls?

No. Not yet. It is nearest target, but we need to understand how to do it.

• @THX1965 I am still paying off my GH2, and sometimes come up short for monthly bus fair. When I can donate I will. But please don't assume things about me.

• I repost here because I'm impatient :)

"Most of the work had been to add some new features, and support for new firmware and GF2. As well as some preparation for fast GF3 porting."

@Vitaliy_Kiselev This means that with this PTool the GF2 will have Video manual controls?

Thank you in advance