Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • In the end I think we should donate some bucks only for the Vitaliy patience :)

Byeeee

• I'm hoping this is the right topic to ask this question, otherwise a moderator or something are free to move or delete it.

Are there any downsides with Driftwood 176 mbps besides the file sizes? Like if it's not so good in post production like color grading, or if it's not doing that well when you're using a moving camera or filming a moving subject etc?

• I am sure Vitaliy is working hard, I am the sympathetic sort of guy. You don't get any moaning from me :)

• The new PTool comes when it comes. In the meantime keep on working with the old PTool and keep up the donations.

• Again. All that is happening for now is testing. Right now with current beta version no problems had been found. But we'll make more tests anyway,

• Any ideas for a launch party @V?

• Hahah This is becoming quite the social spot ehh. If this party ever happens it will have some of the best coverage ever. Wish you guys would have it in Austin, Tx I used to work as a party planner and this city is known for it's wild party's and live music that are less pretentious than Vegas or some of the other hot spots. This is great news about there being no problems. I expected nothing less from a perfectionist. Hopefully there will be a lot of news coverage so Vitaliy can make some serious bank.

• @alcomposer Somewhere in Siberia, around a lake filled up with vodka

• PTool will be released to general public very soon.

• Thanks VK - Looking forward to it!

• Got to love it VK!

• Vitaliy_Kiselev 2:49PM PTool will be released to general public very soon.

Just when i was thinking off stop using the hacked 1.0 and use firmware 1.1 till the release off the new ptool... thank you

• i'd wish we could save our files to something else besides .mts , its a bitch extension

• whats the new features, a new button to press, some lights the go on and off. Maybe the odd BING!

• For me, a most useful feature would be some way of finding out, in camera, exactly which hack is installed. Aren't there any hard-coded strings that could be changed by the tool? Even an entry in the English menus could be modified, to let us know at a glance which hack is in place.

As promised, I will be donating as soon as I find a job again (currently unemployed.)

• @gameb Close call! In fact most lakes are filled with "voda" -means water. na sdorowje!!!

• Today a did get a writhing error every time i did a manual focus.
    Very strange, i never had this before, auto focus did not give a problem.
    i dont no why did is or was, it was with the "Quantum v9 as 720p50 and 1080i50 are primed".
    I did test it ad home before i went out for some shooting, no problems ad all.
    iso 800, 640 and 320, shutter between 100 and 1/800, f4 to f5.6... So, back to " AQUAMOTION ver1 Experimental patch all to detail", and that is the last one till ptool v1.1 is released. ;-)

• :-)

2nd donation made.

Well done!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Do you think it would be possible to modify the firmware to make the x-lenses like Panasonic X 14-42mm get built in "Follow Focus".

Example: By first focus and then push a fn or AE/AF/Lock for 2 sec setting a focus point. Then taking the scene focusing on other subject. By pushing the Fn again moving back to the preset distance.

If not possible by PTool I guess Panasonic should consider the possibility to implement follow focus on the x-lenses and perhaps other lenses.

• I hope to see PTool with GF3 support in March.
    After this nearest target will be full manual controls in GF2 and GF3.
    And we'll start collecting for GX1 and G3 bodies (I'll work on them in parallel) next week.
    I am also working on more complicated things, but it is too early to talk about it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev "I hope to see PTool with GF3 support in March"

I understand you have been very busy! This is great news! Thank you! :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Fantastic, thanks a lot

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Great news! Thanks a lot for your hard work.