Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • Hello guys ! I love Sanity Pach very well ! Test Movie Right here !

• ....using Sanity 5

for our knife project....

Edit: FCP X

Song: Summer Heart | I Wanna Go

Lens: Sigma Super Wide II 24 mm

Skater: P+S Technik Skater Junior

• On the lefth is the shout I make using the information off the exposure meter, on the right the shout that I think was ok in the searcher

• can't read any of your info on the screen in front of the dart board.

• Funny thing happened to me. After recording with Sanity 5.1, Sedna A Q20 and voigtlander 25mm lens I have this question: Why different ISOs when shooting at the camera measures the light differently? I will explain. At ISO 640 and 1250 I can not trust the camera's metering. The shots are dark. But at ISO 160 I can. Look at it in this video that I have done.

• Just wait till I post the big crowd shots, not that I could really capture the size of this event without a helicopter and infared to show the completely packed giant buildings ;)

• @mee

Thanks for posting. Looks like cosplay is getting bigger every year.

• @Ralph_B sorry for the delay, but as promised here is new footage shot with Sanity 5.1 I was struggling a bit more to nail focus this day, I think cause I was trying to rush and film as many cute girls as possible, plus the light was a changing allot more due to scattered clouds. I definitely have some sharper stuff which will be in my next compilation from this event, but I wanted to first focus on the cutest of the cute girls ;)

Enjoy

• @Axier

I highly recommend you install Sanity 5.1. Although Sanity 5 works great, on rare occassions the picture could break up. Sanity 5.1 solves this problem. Also, picture quality is a little better in 5.1.

• Hi I am new using hacks. I have installed the hack Sanity 5 in my Gh2 and I don´t have any problems. What is the different with the 5.1. What should I do to install 5.1?, is an upgrade or it works like de hack Sanity 5. Thanks (Sorry for my English)

• I posted this in the showcase area but since I used Sanity 5.1 on the timelapse stuff and night shots at the end, I thought I should post it here as well. It's a rough cut of a resort promo I shot in Key West over Xmas. I love the way the shot at the end turned out.

1080/24P Shutter: 30,40 ISO: 1250,1600

Pany 20mm 1.7

SLR 12mm 1.6

Password: Palms

• @Ralph_B Thanks for your suggestion... I know it is interlaced mode. The thing is that every patch and video modes in turn seem to handle the "jerking at edges" in their own way. That's what I was actually asking for. Anyway, love this patch! The first patch that gives me the possibility to import data straight into FCP X!

• Thanks Ralph ! Voigtlander 25

• @jjay Nice shots. What lens did you use?

• This is the video I was talking about...

• Yes, in HBR, sorry didn't know that...

• @jjay What mode did you shoot in? HBR mode would produce a 25i file.

• Just edited some Sanity 5.1 footage in Final Cut Pro and according tot FCP the footage was 25i, is this normal ? Thanks for answering...

• @alguti Load Sanity into ptools and simply save the firmware. Don't make any changes. As for "film like motion", the camera is what it is. The patches really don't affect motion. The biggest effect on how motion appears will be to change the shutter speed. Slower shutter speeds will produce smoother motion. Faster shutter speeds will produce more jittery motion. Shoot the same thing at shutter 1/30 sec and 1/250 sec, and you'll see what I mean.

• Hey Ralph_B, when you load sanity in ptools as is or do you increase increments or lower the gop? I'm tring to achieve film like motion. Thanks.

• Here is mine video, almost entirely shot using Sanity 4 on GH2 and Vario 100-300

• Our fly fishing club at its annual dinner/fund raising event last night. This is less than 2 minutes of the event shot on GH2 with sanity 5.1 and a GoPro hero3. I know some is shaky and such...it is just a fly fishing club video! The GH2 was set on smooth -2 -2 0 -2 and the glass was Rokinon 35 and Helios 44m. Did not have much time to play with grading but did boost sat a pinch and boosted reds/skin tone a pinch. Had to get this up today. White balance on auto which may have been an error...

• @simonhestermann You do realize that FSH is an interlaced mode? It won't look right unless it's de-interlaced on a TV, giving you 1080 60P. A few computer media players can properly de-interlace it, but many can't.

As for the "jerking at edges", that's been discussed a zillion times in these forums. Try shooting with a slower shutter speed, 1/40th second or even 1/30th second, and see how that looks to you.

• Just tested Sanity 5.1 in HBR, FSH and 24H mode (NTSC & Vibrant) with a Sandisc Extreme Pro 64GB 95MB/s card. What can I say? I'm keen on the tiny file size and HBR mode wins! The only thing I criticize is the jerking at edges (especially in FSH mode). That's the reason why I prefer HBR mode. Any ideas for that?

• Cheers @RalphB!

May I ask you what matrices are you using in Sanity 5.1?

Thanks.