Personal View site logo
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood

if you are of the consensus that you DO NOT require intelligent modes iA/iDynamic, we have decided to offer you additional 'AN' settings that make use of this bandwidth in the basic encoding patches and provide stronger GOP weighting - at the risk of failure in Intelligent modes.

Could you clarify, please? Sorry if the question rates in the bloopers class, but where is this "AN" setting and what does it do again?

That aside, I thought the general consensus was to not use I-dynamic(?) Are folks using it?

Thanks.

• Thank you peternap

• @Louis Top of the page.

• @driftwood: first cheers a ton for all the work you 3 did and also for the work of the beta team.

I use mainly old canon fd primes. Do you recommend the sharp or soft setting for me? Just for run and gun i sometimes use the 14-140mm kit lens. I like a soft image though, double soft might over do it, but what i fear most is a videoish look.

cheers m8!!

• @Xenocide38 you want us all to do a quick test of your blog?

• Once there was a golden cat and gray day. Lazy man did not want to leave his appartment and he did not care about lightnig, or grading.

• where is the download link please?

• @driftwood @cbrandin, @bkmcwd and @Vitaliy_Kiselev, many thanks and congrats on the new matrix. It's quite an achievement!! It definitely takes the already amazing hacked GH2 to the next level.

@Xenocide38, which film mode did you use? Do you feel there is a more pronouced "red-green" tonal change, as in your footage, esp. on the neck area. Despite the quick tests I did, I have similar experience while shooting with "Standard" with all "-2". I am now trying to go back to "Smooth" with all "-2" to see if it makes a difference.

Dose anyone else notice such color shift on skin tone, esp between light/shade areas? I just wonder maybe it's not related to this patch specificially.

• Just did a quick test video

You can read more about it at my blog http://stronzvanderploeg.net/2012/08/29/gh2-hack-test-apocalypse-now/

Colored Stock Firmware.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Colored Apocalypse Now.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Lets see what it can do, eaven i was alredy quite happy with CM night.

• like I said, I mistakenly thought IV was the new codename for Apocalypse Now, and that this was common knowledge, thus making this the appropriate thread.

So again, my bad, I'll name my first child Driftwood and then sacrifice him on high, to satisfy the gods.... Why don't you give me a nice papercut, and pour lemon juice on it.... :P

• This sounds fantastic. Will do some testing shortly...

• @Shian Good to hear,. but beta testers are not supposed to share these with others until release.

• my bad - but i noticed same things with Apocalypse Now.

• @driftwood - Incredibly excited. Shooting a festival script on this shortly, hopefully.

• Hi @shian, Yes, but please keep all IntraVenus info to the beta convo for now as its stiill being tuned :-)

• RE: IntraVenus - I noticed that while the data rate is reduced, it still eats more card space than some of the higher bit rate hacks like Qv9B, is that the tweaking to the matrix? Also it's softer BUT that softness lends it to a more film like quality.

• Never tried one of the "soft" type settings before. Gave it a shot with "444 soft" , looks nice even with an old nikon 50 1.4 lens. Still very sharp and detailed but does have that organic/natural look on edges just from what I can see jacking around.

• Blue channel noise is much improved testing side by side with Canis Majoris. Quick test image below - before and after swapping firmware (blue channel only.)

settings.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 264K
  • Excited to test it!

• almost 50min record time with sharp! with 32gb sd :) haven't loaded any footage in the puter yet. but looks great in camera! thanks @driftwood @cbrandin, @bkmcwd and @Vitaliy_Kiselev for all the hard work! out to test! :)

• fucking shit this is amazing!

• Damn, i thought, finally there is it! .................

• A triforce of sensor sorcerers converge!

• I'm very excited

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions