Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • hehehe thx...i load the final version yet...

• just for fun !! Patch: Intravenus

• @Sergius

Those captures are details (crops) from actual frames from a GH2 in 1080p24 mode. The setting was the factory default with only the matrices changed. I don't have the originals anymore, but I would guess that they were probably 10 second clips (that's what I typically shoot for tests) and the details were captured a few seconds into the frames. The first second, or so, of clips captured with GHx cameras tend to be lower quality than the rest because it takes the CODEC about that long to settle. Once the CODEC settles, the detail remains constant for the entire remainder of the clip (I did actually look).

• @driftwood

Am impressed with Intravenus HBR, but it caused my camera to hang

• My daughter,2 month old /GH2+20/1.7 /Intravenus v1 - all-I except 720p - seti /24P /Smooth -2 0 -2 -2 /Crop 150% and Fit

444 150%.jpg
    1653 x 1100 - 163K
    444 fit.jpg
    1649 x 1107 - 167K
  • @xiaokaoshu: lovely daughter and lovely footage!

• @cbrandin Checking daily for your new cinema smooth release, any idea on when? thanks.

• I don't plan to release any settings myself. I provided the matrices to @driftwood, @bkmcwd, and others and they are creating settings with them - along with their own matrices, some of them which are extensions to my original matrices.

• Cluster v8 / Intravenus - Cinema Smooth matrix soon.

• @lambo That was fun. Made me smile. :)

• @thepalalias we had a little time at work and we made it....hehehe

• @cbrandin: gotcha...thank you @nick...looking forward to this one!!

• @driftwood I have a question Nick. I just installed Intravenus Ver 1 and on the zip title it says "Except 720". That doesn't jive with your writeup. Is 720P supported?

• @peternap It's "intra, except 720p"

• @driftwood superb sir! sir canis series 176mbit intravenus peaks 146mbit. intravenus is better than canis or a reliable one like cluster??

• Boom v2 looking werry promising

• @driftwood Cluster v8 is going to be intra? i own fds and the cluster drewnet sharp 2 is the one im using... clusterv8 is going to have a sharp version? many thanks!!

• i shoot this using boom v1. profile standard -2-2-2-2, iso:12800, lens nikkor 135mm 2.8. using neatvideo to remove most of the noise at high iso and cc using premier pro

• I really hate to be "that guy," but the files won't download when I click the paper icons. what gives??

thanks!

• nvm! it worked!

But, does Apocolypse Now only effect 1080p 24fps? Will my other settings (720/ 60fps/ etc..) from previous Hacks stay in tact or revert to factory? Also, anyone know how the file size is with this hack? How much could you fit on a 64 GB 45mps SD card?

thanks so much

• @getmezzy You don't mention which version of Apocalypse Now you are referring to, each of which is actually described in some amount in the descriptions preceding the download link. That would let you know what settings have been specified and optimized.

Each setting is self-contained. If you open up PTool and load that setting, it will either write new values or the Factory defaults (depending on whether there is a checkbox next to each setting in the menu).

So if you load a setting fresh like that, it makes no difference at all what setting you had on your camera before. Even if no new value is specified in PTool, the factory default will be written. So the old settings do not count.

• how does Apocalypse Now - boom and Intravenus compare to Sedna (best for detail) or Canis Majoris Night (amazing film grain)?

Can anyone advise which settings are the best for the widest shooting scenarios?

• I used the soft variation of Drewnet tonight for a dance performance and am amazed at how much softer and pleasing to skin tones the patch produced coupled with my Samyang 35mm. To my eyes it now looks close to a Nikkor in it's IQ and would say I could mix the footage with my vintage lenses. I did quick takes of -2 to +2 sharpness and the patch overides those settings and makes them appear negligible.

• I tried BOOM v2 with panny 14-140, and it worked perfectly (cam did not freez at any of my shoots). 24p was otstanding, and eaven HBR was quite good. But tehere was one thing, blue chanel was actually in every cobinations quite weak. I try tweak white balans and different movie modes, mostly standard and dynamic, but same effect every time. Is there reason for that ? Do anyone else have same isue?

• Hi I am not very skilled and have a question about the hack. I loaded the Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO1 onzo the camera and get grey strips in manual mode! Is this something known? Also I wonder how to proceed if you reached GH2__V19 and want to test more versions. Can I rename to GH2__V20?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions