Personal View site logo
18-35mm F1.8 Sigma DC zoom lens
  • 335 Replies sorted by
  • Good luck with your testing. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works with the GH2. Many thanks.

• Mine just arrived from Amazon UK. Testing it soon with Speedbooster on my BMPCC, BMCC and GH2.

• Could somebody tell me, where i can buy Nikon version of this lens? Only preorder everywhere now. Thank you.

• thougts2uk , no.

• Will the auto focus work with the GH2 + speedbooster?

• @dtr That will be me, as soon as mine arrives this week. Incidentally, Amazon dropped the price too...

Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Lens for Nikon

Price on order date: £799.99

Price charged at dispatch: £649.00

Lowest price up to and including release date: £649.00

Quantity: 1

Total Savings: £150.99

• So... who's gonna post a GH2 + SB + sigma video(frame) so we can all assess the vignetting ;)

• Amazon UK just informed me my Nikon-mount f1.8 Sigma has shipped, so finally I guess stock has arrived in Europe. I will be shooting test charts before the weekend, both with and without the Speedbooster.

• just tried the speed booster and GH2 combo and yes, there is a vignette at 18mm. seems to go completely away by 21mm. not that bad though, it wouldn't prevent me from doing a wide shot if i needed it.

• Has anyone tried this with a GH2 + speed booster? Most tests seem to be on the blackmagic. I really want to know if there's vignetting at 18mm or through the entire 18-35mm range or not at all.

On another thread McBob posted that some Nikon and Sigma lenses have mixed coverage: "Sigma 10-20 (full coverage) Nikon 10-24 (very slight corner darkening) Nikon 16-35 (corner vignetting throughout range) Nikon 18-200 (slight corner vignetting throughout) Nikon 17-55/2.8 (full coverage)."

Does anyone have a link to a GH2 test? Many thanks.

• That's interesting... I guess we all assumed it was going to be the Nikon turn. But, that makes it easier for me if I do go to SB, will likely pay less and get one sooner versus a mount change.

Thanks for the info!

• I'm a bit bummed to hear the Nikon versions focus does not turn the same way as other Nikon lenses.

• @puichingho thanks! That makes me happy as a canon glass user :-)

• The Canon way.

• @puichingho thanks for you video! when you say it turns the normal way you mean Nikon or Canon direction?

• Haven't been following the conversation here but would like to know if somebody has used this lens with high end follow focus. How did it work? Asking this as the focus ring is in the end of the lens. I'm used to the Voigtländer Nokton MFT butter smooth focus ring. How does it compare?

• @kholi So have you made up your mind now? Lol. What do you think about the SB? Btw the Nikon version of the Sigma turns the normal way.

• @puichingho

Thank you so much for posting this. It's a pretty informative video, and definitely answers my questions. Even after trying to test on my own (We didn't have much to test with, but very glad Adam could come out!) I couldn't decide if the booster was for me or not.

REALLY grateful!

• Haven't been able to find out anywhere yet. Any word on how bad this lens with speedbooster vignettes on the gh2's multi-aspect sensor?

• First time poster here! Nice to meet you all! This is my take on the Sigma 18-35 with Speed Booster on my BMCC MFT.

• Thanks Andrew for the info on the Nikon version

• Yep, thanks Andrew. Many of us have been searching for this.

• Kholi - Some shots were sharpened a bit in post, I find the ProRes needs a bit sometimes, which is good - better than it being sharpened digitally in-camera!

Apix - no manual aperture ring on the lens, but a mechanical lever on the back unlike Canon so you get the manual aperture ring on the Nikon G adapter.

• Does anyone know if the Nikon version have electronic aperture setting like the Canon or a manual setting on the lens? Thanks

• Did you apply any sharpness to the video?

Thanks for taking the time to shoot and share, as there isn't another video around with these three things together.