Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @davjd That must be some really old TV showing B/W from NTSC. All players and all TVs sold in Europe have been capable of showing NTSC in glorious color for years – not even speaking of China. Or where are you located?

• I don't use 24fps at all.

I guess I should have mentioned that I ONLY use 24 fps.

• @Meierhans What do you exactly mean? Two weeks ago I decided to try and turn all my wedding shooting and final products into 24fps because I was excited by the great quality of moon t7. I started testing. I saw that ending up into a blu ray at 24fps it almost looks ok, only few things to fix. But when I tried to transcode to SD on Dvd at 24 fps I had to consider I live in a PAL country and that product may not work properly in old Readers - in fact it shows in black and White, like any other Ntsc playing on a pal system. So you are saying that exporting the timeline to 25fps doesn't give any odd or jumping result? I must try it.

• Unfortunately, the GH2 is not the best camera for 25 fps. While the hack can achieve a quality at 24 fps that IMHO makes external recording unnecessary, at 25 fps – which was a kind of afterthought by Panny – external recording might be advisable if you want to stick to this great little camera and record it's full potential.

Or speed up as suggested by Meierhans.

• You know that you easily speed up your final product from 24 to 25 FPS?

• I should have mentioned that I only shoot 25fps HBR and FSH as I need to deliver to PAL broadcast networks. I don't use 24fps at all.

• T7 24p does span. T7 HBR 30 Freezes. Spizz T6 HBR 30 Doesnt span. Drewnet T9 HBR 30 is OK

• Interesting. I use the Sandisk Extreme 64gb but no spanning. If I could get a GOP1 patch to span I would stick with it as my main patch. At the moment I need to swap patches for different jobs.

• I've had no problems with Moon T7 spanning. The key is to use cards that can support it. That means the 64 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro, or the 128 GB SanDisk Extreme. With any other card, you take you chances.

• @Alex_K Moon T7 does not span as far as I can tell. You have probably reached the file size limit. I think it's about 4GB. If you need spanning you may need to use a long GOP hack.

• @virgilr thanks a lot man! Appreciate it. I was shooting with the 20mm canon FD 2.8 ( wide shot) ,45mm Rokkor MD 2.0, 24mm canonFD 2.0 and canon FD 100mm 2.8

• Camera froze at 15 min - Moon T7 HBR30 Pana 14-45, Sandisk ExtremePro 64/95, low light 1/50, iRes off, IDyn off

• @x_worpig_x - that was a treat, glad you pulled it together so fast and had success at the festival!

Just wondering- you were shooting pretty wide open, it seems to me- what focal lengths were you working with? Manual glass?

Thanks again for sharing with us- encouraging to see someone else pulling it together!

• Moon trial 7 ob. 20mm lumix f1.7

• x_worpig_x nice work one of the best I've seen.... what lens did you use

• this was done with the drewnet t8

• Does Moon t7 works on 80% velocity? (with a 64gb/95mb)

• i never had any problem with my SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I 95Mb/s 16Go with every setting.

• The 32 GB card is not as good as the 64 GB version.

• I had my camera freezing five times in two hours yesterday using Moon T7 and Pana 12-35 f2.8 at 2.8 1/50 HBR30. I'm was using 32gb 95Mbps Sandisk card.

The camera just froze. The power switch didn't work and I had to remove the battery. I think I also experienced some heatening, but I can't be 100% sure. Four of the files ended up 0kb and one was about 700MB, but the file was corrupted and I couldn't move it from the memory card.

I have doubts now wether my camera is starting to fall apart or is 32gb 95Mbps and Moon T7 an unreliable combo.. Have you guys had similar experiences? Would Nebula T7 or Spizz T6 be more reliable using HBR30? Thanks.

• Currently working on my Senior film project and shot this video for our Indiegogo page. Moon T7 Nikon 105mm 2.8. Oh, and if you're feeling generous, feel free to donate ;)

• @Panamedia @maddog15 I use 64GB Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s cards, and have for all of the patches I've used on my GH2 (GOPstoppa, Sedna, Moon trials 5-7). The only time I have run into write errors is in 720p/60fps with a Panny lens, high f-stop and constant AF. Last time I shot 720p/60fps with Moon trial 7 I had no issues (fixing one of those three mentioned issues makes the write errors go away). Theoretically, the 45MB/s cards have enough write speed to keep up with pretty much any patch; the problem comes in practice and the possibility of variation in individual cards. The cards I got haven't had problems keeping up, though YMMV.

Another short for Moms Sweet Shop I shot about a week ago. Moon trial 7, 28mm/2.8 Toyo lens, variable ND filter.

• cluster x series 3 ob. 30mm canon f1.4

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters