Personal View site logo
Driftwood ClusterX series 2:│moon│ЅріzZ│nebula│drewnet│Slipstream │Redshift
  • 1053 Replies sorted by
  • @xavieramelio, use the 720p60 H mode with your current card and you should be OK.

• This is all Moon T5 with my Kowa anamorphic and Konica 40mm lens. I'll probably use it in the music visual for a song that I am writing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68917223@N05/sets/72157634273204895

• @vicharris, @maddog15, @Zaven13, Thank you for the info, maybe was a problem of detail, I was out door with lots of sun and shooting at some houses with brick walls. I will keep on trying.

• I just shoot a wedding video using Cluster X Series: 12/15 GOP - 'DREWnet' Trial 8 and it went perfect. Nice patch for long recordings thanks @driftwood !!!

• @htf I am using 16BG Sandisk Extreme card. For me, 16GB is enough, I use many of 16GB rather than high capacity cards. I don't want to bet too much data on one card.

• I am shooting a micro doc on a vintage car race (using Moon T5). Footage looks great, learning a lot in the process. Nikon 24 F2.8 glass mostly. Card sandisk is 32gb 95mb/s. Having learned a good bit from @shian on exposure, I feel I am starting to understand the need to light. Special thanks to @Vitaliy_Kiselev and @driftwood . Will share the finished piece next week.

iPhone photo-

photo-21.JPG
    640 x 480 - 120K
  • @vicharris OOPS:) always had the impression that people just posted in the current Drift wood thread... I've reposteded to the senda thread

• LUMIX GH2 HACK CLUSTERX ANAMORPHIC SANKOR 16D & JUPITER9

• @treeclown Wrong topic. :) It should go in the Sedna thread, not the ClusterX, just so people don't get confused.

• I've been looking for the most current hack that would be ideal for a wedding. Seems that the nod is going towards Drewnet. Any other ones that I should consider? I'm shooting with Sandisk class 10 64gig cards.

• anybody else having trouble using the new PluralEyes3 (for windows) syncing audio with a hacked GH2? i've got a drewnet t8 hack and pluraleyes gives me a media error and won't do any syncing

• PluralEyes is a tricky beast. It does what it wants and have had ok success lately with Moon5 for whatever that matters to you. Still have to hunt and peck for a few scenes.

• it is a tricky beast, but i never head a problem with pluraleyes 2 with hacked gh2 footage, guess i'll go roll back

• MOON T3, Smooth all -2.

• LUMIX GH2 HACK MOON T5 NIKKOR 50MM F 1.2---SAMYANG 85MM F1.4 & JUPITER9 F2.0 -----ND FILTER VARIABLE.

• Hi guys. I'm using a sandisk 64GB 95Mb/s with Moon T5. I'm getting card speed error when shooting 720p60SH. I don't see any other person raising this issue. What could I be doing wrong here? Thanks.

• @rayycy

I use the same and haven't had issues other than 720 60p stops recording at 15 minutes... so no spanning but who cares. That said....

A fresh reload of Moon T5 on your camera is where I'd start first.

If all else fails you might consider a full over rite reformat of the card. I've done this in the past when a card started to get "finicky." See what others suggest first as some feel you should never have to fully reformat the card.

NOTE: only use the official SD formater application on your PC for this. (The 64GB 95Mb/s card must be properly formatted as ExFAT.) This is specific to this particular SDXC card and different from all the other cards "beneath" the 95Mb/s card. The formater app is free to download.

Good luck.

• The Hungarian television will this film, promoting the music scene. Moon t5, Canon FD 50mm f1.4

• @atibob Nice. I particularly like the scene of the two children, looking through the glass. Looks good.

• @atibob Yeah very nice. Also nice to see a full TV spot start to finish. As aposed to random T5 tests....Like the ones I do. :)

• @rayycy. I had your problem with both 720p60 SH and 1080i60 using Sandisk 64GB 95mbs. What I chose to do is use Moon T5 and change the quantizer to 16 instead of 14, change the high and low bitrates for 1080i/720p from FSH/SH=93 to 88 and FH/H=48 to 58. I also adjusted the bitrate limits to match the new numbers. Those changes eliminated the card write errors for me. Spanning is still an issue with FSH/SH but not with FH/H. Hope this helps.

• Here's a screen grab from a product launch video I shot today. Moon5 is still trucking along for this modern looking stuff. Clients love it. Of course 2 hours of set up and lighting always helps :)

TM.jpg
    988 x 554 - 375K
  • @zaven13. Can you clarify your post of 29th. Have similar problem to ‘raycy’. Located quantizer under ‘testers’ but it is already set to 16. Cannot find reference to FSH/SH=93 or FH/H=48 either. Using Cluster X series 1 GOP intra ‘moon’ trial 5. ****ae82527.zip. Many thanks callan.

• @callan. My apologies. There was an error in my post. When @driftwood introduced, Moon T3 and T4, I heard the comments that T3 is too soft and T4 is too sharp. So what I did was to use T4 matrix and change the initial quantizer from 14 to 16 a long with bitrates I mentioned above. Moon T5 was released by @driftwood with similar changes & lower bitrates for stability. If you check Moon T4, you will find the numbers I posted earlier. Below are the original T4 and my version.

Cluster X moon Trial 4.zip
    setd-88.zip
  • LUMIX GF3 HACK MOON T5 OB.JUPITER 90MM-----LUMIX 20MM

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters