Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @bkmcwd: thank you very much for your efforts. I am really looking forward to test it. Will 24p be affected? I am very interested in a setting that works with the 444matrix also in wide and detailed settings.

• Many thanks for the long hour torture test, spreeni! :-)

You're welcome.

• @Mirrorkisser Thanks for your kind words. :-)

Will 24p be affected? I am very interested in a setting that works with the 444matrix also in wide and detailed settings.

No. Since I feel if sufficient performance in this matrix is already demonstrated about 24p, there is no change.

@spreeni Thanks again! :-)

• In the NTSC side, we are verifying five candidates of next Valkyrie 444 TZ2 now.

I have hope of releasing it by this weekend. However, it may be necessary to also readjust the PAL side depending on the result of verification. In that case, the release may be slightly overdue.
    This becomes the most reliable setting in Valkyrie 444s released until now. In reliability, it is the same grade as already released Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TZ2 BETA2.

Please wait for a while. Thanks! :-)

• @bkmcwd i'm a fan of your Valkyrie cinema smooth tz2 beta2. i have a question to ask of you. is it possible to make a hack that performs really well with your matrices, very comparable to the latest rendition of Valkyrie, but with modest bit rates? like, maybe 90mbps on 24H and 50mbps on 24L? i ask because i film lectures and do mini documentaries and have my gh2 filming for almost 2 hours straight at a time but with these massive bit rates, my card gets filled quite fast on 24H. if i had something that gave me close to the new valkyrie performance but with modest bit rates, it would be awesome for someone doing similar things to what i'm doing. thank you for your time and attention to this post, and for all of your hard work making these hacks.

• Hey guys I'm a filmmaker & Director from France, I tried the hack on my GH2 and I've noticed that for the great MJPEG 2K mode the audio is always just in 16Khz, is there a way to change it to 48Khz and maybe to lower the bitrate because it always stops arround near to 3mins ? Thank you for the excelent work ! Cheers from France

• Is this overall better than Canis Majoris? Is this the best hack available right now? Shooting a movie this weekend with 64gb 95mb/s card and trying to get the best possible hack :)

• @sakattaq79

Thanks for testing! BTW, The test in which setting is it?

Hacked GH2 in 1080 24p @120Mbps & 720 50p @40Mbps GOP3 settings.

Since 50p of 3GOP was not contained in my setting, I wondered.

• @phazedreality818

Many thanks for your kind words! :-)

is it possible to make a hack that performs really well with your matrices, very comparable to the latest rendition of Valkyrie, but with modest bit rates? like, maybe 90mbps on 24H and 50mbps on 24L?

I can understand your feeling well. It is possible to lower the bit rate, of course.

However, all performances of the matrix of Chris could not be used like the present 24p. He himself has designed by the premise which needs huge bandwidth in "444" and "Cinema Smooth" matrices.

It is the purpose in TZ2 to utilize the pure original matrix of Chris to the utmost as much as possible.

In TYPE-ZERO3, I am setting up reliability in the practical use range as low as possible, and am planning to make it the series which can employ the higher bit rate in HBR.

For the moment, I do not consider the directivity on which the performance of 24p is dropped.

However, when many users ask for the same hope as you, I may make the series suitable for your hope in the near future.

If the setting of the low bit rate in 24p is chosen now for me, I will choose GOLGOP3-13. Because, it is since GOLGOP3-13 and the GOP3ZILLA are better than Valkyrie also about BALANCE with the modes other than 24p.

Since the matrix of Chris is very fastidious, it is very difficult to make it stabilized in the low bit rate.

If liking of image quality is set aside, I think that GOLGOP3-13 and GOP3ZILLA are better settings.

• @SanJohn

Thanks for your questions here and in vimeo PM! :-)

I am sorry. Since I did not arrange about the portions of "MJPEG and an audio" in my settings, I do not understand in detail.

Please question @driftwood about MJPEG and question @thepalalias about an audio.

As for other questions in vimeo, I will answer in vimeo later.

• @SanJohn I don't normally use MJPEG but audio in all AVCHD formats is recorded at 48KHz at all times on the GH2.

• @DaveVegas

Is this overall better than Canis Majoris? Is this the best hack available right now?

Since I do not know your liking, I do not know the answer in your position.

Of course, since I think that 3GOP structure is more rational and better than Intra structure, my set has been designed as 3GOP.

And I am also thinking as important making reliability in modes especially other than 24p into the highest.

In a place different from these concepts, Nick's settings are very very wonderful.

Since the purpose is different in Intra and 3GOP, a simple comparison is difficult.

Eventually, you should choose by your liking.

If your liking is suited, I think that it is satisfactory in the reliability of the newest setting in each series of mine.

Thanks for question. :-)

• @thepalalias Thank you for following up mate! :-)

• @bkmcwd I love the MJPEG mode because it gives me the ability to shoot in 30p with a high bitrate of 90 Mbits so It would be cool if we could have great audio(48khz) for that mode. I already wrote a Mail to Nick. Thanks for all your help guys

• I am preparing just now for the release of the newest Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2. :-)

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - setb.ini - Released 12/01/2013

This is the version which adjusted safer from TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1.5e in HBR and 720p.

IMO, this BETA is most stable and most reliable like "CS TZ2 BETA2" in Valkyrie series now.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focus was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @syoushow, @Tobsen, @peternap, @jul, @towi, @flaschus, @Berlin, @Mrhechang, @ojiko, @abraham1307, @kankala and Especially @spreeni! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

*There is no change from previous versions in 24p.

• Superb-looking Pure Original 444 matrix from cbrandin is adopted in 24p mode

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 60M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, Sometimes available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_BETA 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • @bkmcwd, sorry my mistake the 720p is 6 GOP, it's all your previous settings.

• @sakattaq76

OK, I got it. Thanks again! :-)

• Thanks for the new version of valkyrie, trying it out now :)

• @bkmcwd

thanks for the reply bro. i'll try your golgop and gop3zilla settings

• Hey everyone! Recently purchased a Gh2 for the christmas sale and coming from Canon cameras I have to say I'm really loving the gh2. Here's a test of the latest valkyrie against the 5d with cinestyle.

• @Mirrorkisser Please tell me comment frankly mate. :-)

• @phazedreality818 Please try! And tell me comment frankly mate. :-)

In the near future, I am going to improve also about "natural" which is my own Q18 setting. In the work, the low bit rate version of 24p of Valkyrie which is the same Q18 setting may be made...

• @lagunak47

Thanks for trying Valkyrie CS and good comparison sample footage! :-)

Please also try the 444 matrix version.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters