Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • @tusoli5

@bkmcwd

Please do not turn topic into chat. Use PM if required.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev OK, I am sure. However, in case there is the same misapprehension as other users, I think that this affair should be open.

• @bkmcwd

I used "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1.5e" HBR(30p) mode.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• @har_k Thanks for using Valkyrie 444 TZ2! :-)

It looks very nice. Do you think that which of C1.5d and C1.5e is better in HBR?

• @bkmcwd

If I had to say, I think C1.5d is better in image quality. But It is a very slight difference.

As far as I tried, reliability was the same both.

It is difficult choice.:-)

• @har_k Thanks for comment! :-) Although this C1.5e is probably most stable in Valkyries, I am worried about the lowness of the frame limit. I am going to test more.

• Any chance that GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA4 would work with Sandisk 30MB/s without freezing?

• @tonalt

Any chance that GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA4 would work with Sandisk 30MB/s without freezing?

Although I did not test with 30MB/s card, I think that it is satisfactory in almost all cases. And I know the users who are using with 30MB/s. However, since it is not perfect, please test beforehand. :-)

• I am working on following Valkyrie Cinema Smooth TZ2 now. I look for those who test the test version of this again. Please send PM. Many thanks! :-)

• Hello,

What is it the better golgop3 12 A2 beta4, valkyrie tz2 c1.5e or 1.5d or valkyrie cinema smooth? I work with canon fd and slrmagic 12mm ans I would like absolut stability, don't span and a wonderfull cinematographic picture ? and all that in all mode avchd .

Thank you.

• because I try valkyrie c1.5e but i found that the lowness of the frame limit down any. thanks again

• @surfculture Hi,

First of all, you should try GOLGOP3-13-A2 or MAX2 BETA4. And probably, Valkyrie 444 TZ2 C1.5e should be tried next.

Priority is given to being used without changing original 444 matrix of Chris as much as possible in Valkyrie 444 TZ2s. Since 444 matrix has very peaky character, in order to make it stabilized, the quite safe bit rate must be used in HBR. If these situations are taken into consideration, the frame limit of C1.5e is by no means too low.

Valkyrie 444 TZ2 C1.5d and Cinema Smooth are still somewhat unstable compared with GOLGOP3-13_BETA4s or C1.5e.

If you use only 24p, it is possible to use any setting.

Many thanks for feedbacks from you. :-)

• Thank you, I go to try golgop3 and I'll say you

• This is a mix of Bkmcwd Valkyrie settings ranging from Valkyrie 444 1.5b-1.5e and Valkyrie Cinema Smooth.

• @abraham1307 Many thanks for testing, mate! :-)

Is this sample from HBR? Looks nice.

• @bkmcwd I've tried golgop3 max2 and I keep it, it's nice, very nice, this afternoon I work with my GH2 and you hack golgop 3 max2. Thank you so much.

• @surfculture Thank YOU for kind words! :-)

• man i gotto try me some golgop3.. @surfculture, would you mind telling us what made you decide to keep this setting?

• I come back to work with my GH2 and golgop3 max2, I'm very happy, the result is wonderfull, definition, stable, it spans with my 32Go/45Mbits (same 64Mbits of the frame limit), the great shadows, i'm sure I keep it. I used to canon fd 50mm and 28mm, and the slrmagic 12mm and it's very nice. Thnak you thank you

• Some random shots from a documentary i am working on. GH2 + Valkyrie Cinema Smooth, great patch.

• @Aashay Thanks for your comment on using GOLGP3-13! :-)

@surfculture Thanks again! :-)

@jhonnyskulls Many thanks for good sample! :-)

• Although I am improving Valkyrie CS TZ2 now, it is not likely to be necessary to change in 24p. On the other hand, in HBR, it is most difficult in this Cinema Smooth matrix for me to make it stabilized until now.

• @supercharger

Thanks for report of 444 TZ2! :-)

and 80% slow working in 24H

Since card speed may become less insufficient even if 95MB/s SDXC is used if 80% slow motion is used in 24H of Valkyries, I recommend you to use in 24L.

• @bkmcwd:thanks for your great efforts.

I would like the know what the main difference between cbrandins 444 and cinema smooth matrix is?

And for 24p, which of the valkyrie settings is best for 24p? 1.5d or 1.5e or another one?

thank you!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters