Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @the_cubaner Cute Owl! Thanks for the test!

• Very similar to the GH4 in 1080 mode, yes. 4K is where the real magic happens with the GH4, even if your are going to squeeze it down to a 1080p or 720p sequence/timeline.

Strange choices made with the camera settings in that video though..... ? :/

• a comparison between the old gh2 and the new gh4 And if you don't believe, the quality of the GH2 with the T7 moon setting is very similar to the GH4 (1080p, ALL-I, 24Hz)

• T8 probably needs to be a hack for the GH4.... ;)

The GH4 is simply amazing already, and with only 100Mb/s! if Vitaliy and Nick could do some of the magic to the GH4 that they did to the GH2 with Moon T7, it would open up some even more phenomenal image quality.

When I go back and look at some of my GH2 footage with Moon T7, there is a depth or a thickness to the image that is really pleasing. Every once in a great while, the incredibly detailed C4K image from the GH4 just looks a little thin on data, and that's when I think, "Wow, imagine if those guys could do their magic to this beast..."

I personally can't imagine the GH2 doing any better than Moon T7, but I sure can see the GH4 getting a shot in the arm. :)

• @babak intra is GOP1 or all I frames. I have not tried other GOLGOP3 versions.

• @driftwood is t8 cancelled?

• @caveport I am still ignorant on some terminology here. Whant do you mean you decided to use Moon for Intra? what is Intra actually? and how does GOLGOP3 ("GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX"?) compare to HQ3GOP V12 in your view? Thanks again.

• Moon T7. Password is "dj".

• @babak I tried FlowMotion and did lots of tests. It failed on spanning and occasionally locked up the camera. It also was not quite as good as the Moon patches so I decided to use Moon for Intra, and GOLGOP3 for spanning and my own stock bitrate hack for long recordings as it drains the battery less and has a longer recording time.

• Can these Driftwood Cluster X series hacks be used on the GF2?

• @caveport thanks for your reply. Yes I checked the HQ3GOP. But when I compaired it to Fmotion and T7 (both at HBR 25p) the footage felt softer. To my eys Fmotion has finer noise though with slightly higher contrast. The first time I tried the T7 it didn't span either. Now it does (both at 24p & 25p) but to be on the safe side I think I will just shoot with Fmotion (at least for now). Have you tried Fmotion?

• @caveport tnx for the HQ3GOP recommendation, since i need a PAL solution as well.

• @producer Looks real nice. Thanks for posting.

• Test GH2 + 14-42 + Boom, newest FilmVision algorithm applied:

• @babak I have been shooting 25P using HQ3GOP v12 (PAL) and getting very nice results. It also spans reliably. Moon T5 & T7 have finer noise but don't span for me on a Sandisk 95 mbs class 10 card. I tried many patches but this is the one I have settled on.

• Hi all. Has anyone had experiences with shooting 25p with any of these patches (or any patch)? I would appriciate if you could share these here. I myself have tried T7 and T9 and the 25p footage come nowhere near what they deliver in 24p... Thankx

• gh2 with fuginon 50mm 1.4 using moon t7 hack

• @tommydw Switch on camera. Display >Spanner>(page 3)>Video Out. Select Video Out. You should have a choice of NTSC or PAL. Choose NTSC.

Edit: Now reformat card: Display >Spanner>(page 5)>FORMAT. Most important. Can also recommend rtfm.

• @Tjabo Thanks so much means a lot to hear things like that =D I used the panasonic 14-140 and the 14mm prime it was all shot on the gh2 even the "waterslide" parts. I can't stand the fish eye distortion on the GoPro...

• @mjfan I'd like to do this, but I never seem to have enough time these days. The SD cards I use for my GH2 aren't fast enough for Moon, and I only have 1 Transcend UHS-3 card for my GH4. Might have to grab another soon.

• Hi RdC, Thank you for your help. But I get a 50fps clip only. How can I achieve 60P?

• oh yes, what @mjfan said, this would be interesting comparison..set them both record same scene @1920*1080 at2 4p

• would also love to see a direct comparison between moon t7 hacked gh2 and a gh4!

• @TATZU, very nice shooting and edit!

What lenses did you use for that, and was the waterslide-ish part shot with a GoPro or something?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters