Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
'Apocalypse Now' Experimental Series 1 Thread - BOOM, Intravenus - cbrandin/driftwood AN Soft/Cinema
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks Nick, and everybody who has worked hard on these new settings, really looks special :) not forgetting Vitaliy thank you! :)

• @janis That's a good looking shot. (I think I saw what you meant with artefacts (white lines under blue construction), but I had to really look to see it. Would have never noticed unless you mentioned. Perhaps noticeable on a big screen TV or theater screen.)

• @Driftwood and others, splendid work, just in time to test a lovely old Yashinon-DX lens I just got. Here's a v7 DREWnet 444 'sharp' test. Looks great to me. Download the 1080p 15mbps exported version to see the quality.

• I got some strange artefacts with Cluster v7 444 seti. Looks like bright horizontal lines. Look at the edges of blue construction in the right corner (file: bccap0000.jpg) . Second image (bscap0001.jpg) is few frames forward - no artefacts. Got same with VLC too.

edited on 2012.08.31 @driftwood I stand corrected. Installed K-Lite and now after pressing pause on WMP few seconds later codec solves the artefacts.

bscap0000.jpg
    1914 x 1077 - 339K
    bscap0001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 361K
  • Amazing, HBR 25p, Cluster7 Nebula Sharp ... average video bit rate over 50mbps ... Vibrant: -2,-2,0,-2

• @lambo what pp is that? anything done to it?

• @driftwood For those who like to convert before Grading/Post would you recommend using ProRess 4444 instead of 422 HQ?

Kind regards

Robin

• @driftwood Thanks. Will do.

• @Xenocide38 Perhaps do some extended grading tests and report it here. Its your personal view - say what you think but say it here. You'll get more respect for it. That's my personal view. Also try out the original Soft matrix settings.

• @mobileavatar sorry for not including it, I shot with the cinema profile

@driftwood haha you can test my blog if you like, just includes more info if people care to read. From my test I noticed a difference but it was subtle, are my results what you would expect or should we be seeing a more dramatic difference?

• thanks guys

• lol nice tommyboy, that would have been my next idea :-)

• here.PNG
    457 x 899 - 61K
  • @louis: below driftwoods posting there is something that looks like a little piece of paper or a page. click on that.

• I must be blind, still can't see the link to download this, help pls

• @artiswar little buddha footage with Voigtländer Nokton 25mm f/.0.95

• @Lambo - Gorgeous! The solidity of the image is insane. It's very dense and more Canon like instead of having a frail, crunchiness to the image. Lens?

• little Buddha test

• that is what i think first hahaha

• that's the 14-140? holy s***!

• @JDN @retrospective test with Kit lense 14-140mm color correction Colorista II patch Cluster v7 Nebular 444 soft

• @Lambo wow that is film like for sure! Do more test! Did you do any colour correction?

So the new hack makes @Xenocide38 happy based on the comparison.

• What Lens Lambo? What patch?

Would be great if everyone could post lens and patch with test.

• I've been a huge follower of the progress being made with the GH2 patches. Simply amazing considering, I'm carrying something capturing footage above a $3k-4k camera, but paid well under $1k a year ago. Well worth a donation! On to the point. I have trouble with some of the patches because it looks muddy or im getting pulsating noise. Although, for most I get wonderful results.

iA and iDynamic are a no no? Anything else I should pay some mind too, bad iso ranges, etc?

Just some simple do/dont list will help, i dont want to open up a whole new discussion or take up space here. Apologies is this is off topic, just @jrd pointed out something thats been on my mind as well. I usually shoot with kit, a few Nikon primes, & Extreme 45mb card. (I start with kit to test patches, since i use that the most with steadycam) Cheers!

• a little first test

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions