Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official TZ10 Hack Project Discussion
  • 134 Replies sorted by
  • Uau!!! Make my day!
    Em português... Muito bom!!!
    Thx.
  • Eu tb estou esperando essa porra faz tempo. :-)
  • I spend big time on patches for TZ10 lately.
    Process is not finished yet, but progress is good.
  • Awesome, to change Japanese to English was why I started the TZ10 decrypt thread on dvx after all. This is excellent! Feeling a little left out though :)
  • Vitaliy, do you think the knowledge gained from this could also be used to modify the TZ7 firmware (which I assume is quite similar to the TZ10)?
  • @mizaru

I don't have such plans. It is much better to sell TZ7 and buy TZ10 if you want to use hacks in the future.
  • Oh well. Here's hoping you decide to share the firmware decryption method at some point in the future... ;)
  • Thanks Vitaliy :). It was just a coincidence that I bought the TZ10 and didn't regret it. With your works even better :)
  • Thanks.

I made very good progress in last days.
    Really, only two patches remain. Manual video and PAL/NTSC switching using menu.
    Most probably, both won't be present in initial release as due to very significant software differencies I need too much time to understand how to implement them in the new way.
  • ZS7... TZ10... are they same model?
  • Yes, firmware is the same.
  • Is the 30 minutes limitation when recording a video removed?
  • >Is the 30 minutes limitation when recording a video removed

Yes.
  • will the tz10 take a higher bit rate with the hack? manual video will be awesome!!
  • Are the 30fps max a hardware/sensorlimit or is it possible to capture higher framerates?
  • >Are the 30fps max a hardware/sensorlimit or is it possible to capture higher framerates?

This is CCD sensor, so, more that 30fps won't happen.
  • Vitaliy_Kiselev, awesome work thanks!

Is saving in raw a possibility or there is no code to patch for that?
  • Is the download link to the TZ10 hack currently available? I searched for it and cannot seem to find it.

Thanks so much for doing something so useful for all us TZ10 owners.
  • Thanks Vitaliy ! :-)
  • Vitaliy, no patch for battery in this release ?
  • >Vitaliy, no patch for battery in this release ?

No.
  • I might have to pick one of these up and use it for some of the shots I previously used my GoPro HD Hero on. If you pick up the "Reverse GoPro adapter" from "Eye Of Mine" can use the TZ10/TZS7 with all the GoPro mounts.

Link to the "Eye Of Mine" product page:
    http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/order-gopro-hero.html
  • What about the TZ20 / ZS10 (the same model and firmware). Just sold my TZ7 for a TZ20 and the TZ20 has a much much faster auto focus. Can we expect a firmware hack for the TZ20 sooner or later?
  • Many of us would find a patch useful which allows us to use third-party batteries without the Secure-ID chip in the TZ10.