Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official TZ10 Hack Project Discussion
  • 134 Replies sorted by
  • Sorry to bother, but where can I find GH1 hacks? All I can find is the 3.62d version
  • @Gerondo
    You use the same ptools you have (3.62d) you just use different patches (ini files).
  • @Brian202020
    Thanks for you reply. Where can I find these .ini files? I want to do some test with the TZ 10 but see not much of a difference at this moment.
  • I don't own this camera, so I don't know a lot about what settings work and don't. You'll also need the public firmware, do you have that?
  • @Brian202020
    Thanks for your help.
    Yes I have public firmware: TZ10_V12. I did some settings and loaded saved .bin file in camera. So far so good. But see not so much of a difference in Quality. Maybe I just need to do different settings( trial and error)? I am a little bit confused by earlier reply by Vitaly that I have to use GH1 hack instead of GH2.

edit: I will do some tests tonight and add some Streamparser pics. Maybe then it makes more sense!
  • I think what Vitaliy was saying is the settings on this camera are similar to the setting on the GH1 and not the GH2. The GH2 is a different beast all together and the GH2 setting work differently than the other cameras.
  • Ok, I have no experience with GH1 whatsoever, so would it be wise to use GH1 .ini files? or at least study their settings?
  • Yes I think thats what Vitaliy was trying to say. Even then not all GH1 settings will work, but I'd venture to say a lot of them will, and loading the GH1 ini files is a good start. It's cool that the TZ10 can be hacked now, but I don't think a lot of testing has gone into it yet, so you might have to experiment a little. Good luck.
  • Thanks for your support. Now I got a good point to start with... test results will follow!
  • Hi, thanks for your job. lot of people will be interested by the hack of the tz7 /zs3, I need it for the video limitation.
    Lot of people need it too!!!!
    Can you tell if it possible and when will be available?
    Thanks
  • Hu! i'm italian, i try to understand as much as i can,
    so i've a Tz7 and you can confirm that:
    -you hacked the 15min limit but you won't share the fw, right?
  • Hi everybody.
    Please excuse my ignorance, I am very new to all this.
    I have the panasonic TZ9, and i assume the encryption on the firmware is the same as the TZ10.
    Would I be able to use the tools detailed in this thread on a TZ9 firmware to remove video record limit, and access other features.
    The TZ9 is a TZ8 with a TZ10 screen, a bit of a frankenstein model !
    Its great, other than the limits like the 8min recording time.
    Any help would be great !
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev and anyone who tried hacking TZ10 : any report about increasing the quality of the video modes ? I can't find any video/article on the web about this.

Vitaliy, any chance to have manual controls in video mode ?

Txs !
  • Hi Everybody,

What will be great for the TZ10 : RAW shooting or Possibility to change compression ration in Jpeg and Deactivation of the Noise reduction function.

• Hi All. Could you help with question about changing compression ratio for photos.

• Hi All, Currently I have 1.2 firmware installed on my camera. In the same time the latest downloadable firmware from Panasonic web side is also 1.2. It means that I have "one way ticket" and after hacking I will not able to come back to my original firmware. Is my assumption is correct ?

• how to crack GPS can't use in china ?

• Hello.Please, how to change 30fps to 2fps? (for Timelapser)

Thank you!!!

• Just wondering why PTool 365d doesn't remove the European time limit for Quicktime / Mov recording, only AVCD seems to be unrestricted? (Which is cool BTW, but I prefer to record to MOV format as it seems more stable with AfterFX off the bat).

• Just wondering why PTool 365d doesn't remove the European time limit for Quicktime / Mov recording

It removes all fine. MJPEG mode is also limited by file size limitation. This can't be changed.

• Would it be possible to change the JPG compression to reduce noise in the photos? Maybe to zero?

• Is this still going? Seems quiet here. I would love to be able to shoot RAW. Is it/will it be possible?

• Would it be possible to change the JPG compression to reduce noise in the photos?

I think it can be done sometimes, but noise is really from small sensor.

@DrNo

It is not in plans, sorry.

• Would love to see a timelapse option added. This is a great little camera for it.

• @quiglag

I suggest to sell it and get latest ultrazoom with wi-fi, it looks like it could have advanced timelapse. But this needs checking.