Personal View site logo
Official G3 hack development topic
  • 191 Replies sorted by
  • just commenting for cheering!

i have donated a couple dozen euros last month, mostly interested by a language unlock as my G3 is japanese and i wasn't expecting it to have no other language at all in it :o

so keep up the good work! yayyy !

• Ok, ok, got it. I won't bother you anymore. Thank you again.

• You have your own strange way on interpreting my words. I already said to get GH2 if you are serious about video.

• Ok. Last question: I know that the GH2 is the way to go for video BUT it's pretty damn expensive when compared to the G3, at least here in Italy. I might be able to come up with the necessary amount of money but would it be worth it? I'd prefer to invest in better lenses if the hack is going to add what I'd be missing from the GH2 to the G3, even without direct controls. So, in order to understand, could you please enlighten me on the following points?

• from your latest post here, full manual control in video mode is a solid yes

• are you planning to get 60p output from the sensor? I've read that the focusing speed suggests the presence of 120p sampling and the processor, as far as I understand, is roughly the same as the one in GH2 so 60p output should be technically possible but I might be totally wrong here, I'm kinda shooting in the dark

• are you planning to port the GOP and bitrate patches of the GH2 to the G3? how many of the patches for GH2 will be available on the G3?

• now, a personal opinion: I know that the hacked G3 is going to lack in some areas when compared to the GH2 BUT, in your opinion, is the GH2 THAT much better than the HACKED G3 to justify the difference in price?

Thanks for your patience, time and absolutely invaluable work. Money is on the way (since I'll end up using one of your hacks in both cases :). You are also extremely quick in answering on this board, which I appreciate a lot.

J.

• Ok then, but I'd still like to know whether full manual control in video mode is in your hack's checklist or not.

Yes, of course. It is planned after GX1-G3 release.

• Thanks for the amazingly quick reply. Ok then, but I'd still like to know whether full manual control in video mode is in your hack's checklist or not.

J.

• If you need camera for video, get GH2.

You should try to put this on kickstarter.com - assuming it's not against their terms, you'd probably end up with a lot more funding.

No, we won't be using any of this "platforms".

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

First, I'd like to offer my congrats for all the awesome work you're doing.

This said, I have a question for you: I'm planning a jump into the world of M4/3 for stills AND video and currently trying to decide whether to spend a lot more money on a GH2 or buy a less-expensive G3. As i understand, the G3 is pretty much what I need except for manual settings while shooting videos. With the hack you are developing, will it be possible to manually control aperture/iso/shutter speed in video mode?

Anyway, some more cash is coming your way. You know what? You should try to put this on kickstarter.com - assuming it's not against their terms, you'd probably end up with a lot more funding.

J.

• Виталий,чтоб веселей работалось,еще одно скромное вливание на G3 от Дяди Сережи transaction ID for this payment is: 4RP172008L931905U.

• Haha, ok I made a hack too and decrypt the 51sergei menssage into spanish. Hope you can do it. +20$!

• Hi! Disable auto ISO & aperture in video mode is on plans for G3? Thks a lot for your work!

• As I'm programmer, I would say It will be ready, when it will be done :) It's hard to tell exact date for programmers work.. Vitaliy said tha his estimate is June... So patience is needed :) Vitaliy will let us know when it will be ready, dont worry ;)

• Do you know, when it will be ready?

• Right, hope dies last :) Wheater it will be there or not, I bet that Vitaliy's hack will make G3 even better.. His hard work is highly apreciated ;)

• @51sergei

There's Always Hope.

• Виталий, есть ли хоть малая надежда, что в Вашей прошивке для G3 появится ручное управление ISO и диафрагма в режиме видео???. Отмечусь и здесь-народ!!!Давайте поддержим проект по G3 Послал на поддержку проекта по G3 10$ -Transaction ID: 0GW87742EN535334J

• Sorry to everybody,I did not intend to offend anyone.I did not want to demand someone to do things for me,I'm no one here and as you say you don't work for me. As I alredy said before this is a promise, I wanted just expressed I will be particulary happy if this two features will be implemented and for this reason I will donate more money. Stop. Please Vitaliy excuse my manners and if you can take my as "request" a proposal for new features. Thanks

• @doppiosogno

So, me asking if "There is a chance", and you saying "If you give me this, I'll give you that" is the same, in your logic. Hmmmmm... ok

• @doppiosogno

Thing is that this project exist on certain principles for quite a time.

I always add all features requests and try to implement one that I can. But. I do not work for you, so idea to donate to specific feature won't work.

• I've already donated for the project,and I will in future...my post is simply a promise. Besides, since you your registration to this site you asked two-three times for enabling the Auto ISO mode in Manual mode...If I was malicious I could think you were requesting this feature. In any case if none would be interested to some specific function I think this project would be just a research project and almost none would finance it. Sorry to be OT

• I don't think is the way Vitaliy works. One donate for his work, and to make our cameras better. He won't activate/deny activation to certain features if you donate for them or not, or if you keep donating or not. And besides, is a donation. Is not a feature checklist with specific prices for each feature.

• You just donate for a project, not for specific features

• Hello, I've just donated 10$ for the project. I will donate 20$ more if can be implemented 1080i recording in ETC mode as it exist on GH2,because now the 720p mode gives a too high crop factor of 3,6-3,9 and it zooms too much. I will donate 10$ more if the "miniture mode" of GF3 and GX1 will be ported on G3 too.Are this two features planned???Thanks Vitaly!

• It is possible to get an external mic in the G3? Maybe over HDMI? And are 50 frames per second oder 60 fp/s planned?

• Great! I'm making a Paypal account to contribute, Q: How do I declare i'm supporting this G3 Hack?

Thanks in advance for the amazing work and effort yo've being doing here.

Greetings from Uruguay!