Personal View site logo
GH2 Possible Improvements
  • 288 Replies sorted by
  • Please just 25p native for starters in 23.8mbps mode.... maybe that would be possible as a first beta test? Thanks :)
  • I agree, just 24mb 25p and 720p, I'd be very happy. If we can have 50p, 28mb+ even better. Apart from that its all cherries on top. Panasonic should have released 25p and 24mb all formats anyway, annoyed.
  • MJPEG 1080p25 1080p30 mode is it possible ?? ( with lowercompression at about 30Mbps is OK )

Sorry for my english
  • Low ISOs probably hardware limited and very low level, but they would be extremely useful... Would avoid need for ND filters, and allow optimal shutter speed of 1/50 in bright daylight for much better motion.
  • For 3D mirror rigs, it would be useful to be able to flip the horizontal either while recording or via the HDMI output.
  • 1080/60p
    1080/48p <- nice even multiple of 24p would be kinda cool.<br />some higher bitrates at all resolutions.
    more iso and shutter speed control

more than 4 levels of audio level control would be kinda nice.
  • I second the ETC changeable during recording, and it would be great to have as function key. I was shooting a wedding a few weeks ago with the f1.7 20mm, and any time I wanted to get a closeup, I would have to stop recording, set the ETC, then start again, putting a break in footage and audio. If this were seamless it would be great.
  • Hi everyone,

I would like 4:2:2 clean HDMI out at 10bit and 100mbps. This woud be a real bonus for pro work.
    As od now it is unclear whenever the machine can output that, the manual would not tell.
    AF10o outputs 4:2:2 @8 bit.

many thanks
  • Hello,

I personally would like this to be hacked:

foorage recorded through HDMI out shows that it’s really 4:2:2 that has been deliberately crippled by Panasonic to make the camera less interesting for professional vido use. This “cripple” mainly exists of timing disturbances, applied to both the video timing (“field cadence”) as well as the timing of the separate chroma channels.

A lot, and I mean lots of people would be whooping for this.

thanks
  • dear Vitaliy,

the best of all would be to have the jpg burst mode engaged for more time than an useless 1 seconf and 2/3. That would make the GH2 a-la-par with the Red Scarlet..
  • Hi Vitaliy,

Theoretically, what is the possibility of reaching higher fps, such as 720p x 120fps?
  • >Theoretically, what is the possibility of reaching higher fps, such as 720p x 120fps

Something in 0.02% region :-)
  • >>Theoretically, what is the possibility of reaching higher fps, such as 720p x 120fps

>Something in 0.02% region :-)

So you're saying theres a chance!
  • > So you're saying theres a chance!

Yes, theres always a chance of second coming.
  • Howdy,

the idea of multiple of 24p is good, also a multiple of 25p, like 50p in 1080p. Great for slow-mo, don't know if it's easier to do than 60P.

Small, thing, it would be nice to always start video mode with the shutter at 50, and not saving it from whatever mode we were on before.
  • I would like to see a picture of Vitaliy giving everyone the bird as soon as we turn our cameras on.

I feel this would be a very useful tool in ensuring that every shoot of mine begins with me having a good laugh. This is important to me, and could prove to be far more valuable film making tool than even the much coveted 1080 60P would be.

Thanks for your consideration ;)

Best
    LW

• Actually that's an awesome idea!!! A custom Boot screen instead of that LUMIX logo screen! Sweet! But make it user definable. That way I can put my Grandma on! She looks much more interesting flipping the bird I think! :D

BTW, we've already got Languages added to the requests right? I mean this is how I originally fount out about the GH13. I needed (wanted!) English on a Japanese only camera. The GH2 is the same thing right? Asian units are Japanese only, or Chinese only - right?

• I would be interested in an option to record 1080p without B-frames, at high bitrate like the gh13.
  • what about a few seconds of 4k (ab)using the built-in burst mode at different frame rate?
  • What about shutting down the audio limiter? Keeps leveling, frustrating sometimes.
  • Would it be possible to remove the limitation in European models of the GH2 where video can only be 30 minutes long?
  • >Would it be possible to remove the limitation in European models of the GH2 where video can only be 30 minutes long?

Yes, of course :-)
  • Yay, you are my hero! I really hate that limit...
    Seriously though it's really great what you are accomplishing, thank you so much for all the work! (:
  • Hi again Vitaliy!

So I was thinking.... I realize now how silly it is to think that in regular 1080/24p mode you could get 4k resolution. However, thinking as an Action Script coder such as I am : ) what if you could make a setting based around the ETC mode. Like a duplicate ETC, that instead of the *parameters* being 1920x1080, it was like 4kxWhatever. So not more pixel depth per se, but just using the mode that re-analyzes what get used on the sensor, for a different purpose. Does that seem like something that could be feasible? In my head, it's like getting into the parameters of a 1920x1080 flash doc... but I know it's not that easy.

Keep the faith man!
  • Hi Vitaliy,

do you think something could be done regarding change (decrease) of the autofocus speed with µ4/3 lenses ? Could be nice to define a slow speed, than click on the touchscreen and having a slow change of focus (with a constant speed)