Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood & who could help I read and read over the guide to mix settings by driftwood but stlll confused. I tried to mix Sedna with Cluster 720p . I like Cluster but want to have a better audio setting included in Sedna. I follow guide by driftwood create a new setting. That new setting by appear look not as same as the others loaded but I loaded the new one anyway . The camera stiill show write error with 720 mode. I am confusing of that Ticke the box and slot part instructed by Driftwood. I also wondered if I know what I am doing :)) Any one could walk me by step and step or better explained them?

• @tinbeo Just put the two original settings into PTool. A=Cluster B=Sedna Uncheck all the audio boxes in the A/Cluster setting (I think they are by default). Then load the other setting by clicking on the letter B in PTool with the correct audio settings. Now open the first setting A again and (re)check all the audio checkboxes. Now shift+click the A again and store your setting. You should now have the audio values of Sedna in Cluster. You can confirm this by comparing them by clicking between A/B and check values.

• Hi guys, Just wanted to give a huge thanks to all the community around here. You're all doing an awesome job. I'm about to patch my firmware with this one : v5b Hybrid Matrix I'll post some of my results as soon as possible :) Keep up the good work

• Can someone post a link to driftwoods guide to mix settings?

To mix Senda q20 24p with Orion 720p, would I load Senda in ptools, uncheck everything 720p, then load Orion and uncheck everthing except 720p, then load senda settings again, and shift click it?

Is this a good idea to try this? Orion has AQ and Senda doesn't. Is it compatible?

• http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/47090#Comment_47090

thanks sophus. I will try again today. What I wanted is using Sedna but replace 720p setting of Cluster. Your solution is adding audio from Sedna to cluster. Love it too

• There will be a new version of Cluster (v2) together with Per's Audio settings and Sedna matrix settings tonight.

• Muy bien!

• Me gusta

• Cojonudo!

• Spiffy. :)

• I shot a second line march last week using Cluster settings (and Per's audio settings too). In some of the footage towards the end I pushed the ISO a little far (ISO 4000), but I was very happy with the recording time available versus quality. Thanks @Driftwood

• @Driftwood et all,

Where can I upload some raw Sedna/Orion/Rocket files to link to? I am trying to upload them to 2shared to share it seems they only allows 200mb files now, and 100 mb in multi upload, which is the only one of the two working for me for some reason.

• @mee

SendSpace.com allows temporary uploads up to 500MB in size, last I checked.

• @royadkins That looks like a sweet march. Wish I was there!

@thepalalias Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• Cluster v2 sounds great!

• OK, here they are. Str8 from the camera with Sedna AQ1 B. All shots were on jpeg 30 fps, in Cinema 0000000000 ;) Using the 14- 42 kit lens. The iso on the train shot was something like 400 or 600, and the others were more like 800-2000. Also the alley shots were all at a film speed of 50 to avoid light flicker. I shot them on a 8gb sandisk extreme 30mb/s card which gave me almost no trouble so long as I kept it below 4000 iso speed, and a 16gb toshiba class 4 card which gave me trouble with fast moving objects at times, but mostly if I went above iso 800. The train shot was actually with the toshiba card, but it failed mid shot as you can see. If any of these shots are useful, let me know and I can post more.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzipe9

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y95ggf

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d3xmot

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxoq5e

• Hello, when I compare some arriraw footage samples found from web and my footage shot with quantum 9b, I can say without grading there is no resolution differences, but when I apply my color grading presets of my gh2 to arriraw footage, the difference begins. So I think it's because of it's 4:4:4 color resolution. So I know avchd codec cannot reach these color resolution, but may be you can also work for mjpeg codec, so gh2 will be the best one...Why not? Thanks a lot:)

• I used Ralph_B's Sanity 3.1 with FSH/SH=44mb, FH/H=28mb and merged it with Driftwood's Sedna A Q20 matrix. There is a significant difference in quality and bitrate between Sanity settings using stock matrix vs. Sedna matrix. Sedna A Q20 is much sharper and generating higher resolution/bitrate. Try it. You will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks again to @Vitaliy, @Driftwood and @Ralph_B

• Test SEDNA Q1 LENS: 14-140 WITH CPL. FILTER NOIR VEGAS PRO

• @royadkins Some of those night scenes need a lot of shadow crushing!

• Original test color correct with vegas pro:

• is shooting in tungsten white balance still a valid way to reduce the red channel and reduce the noise. then color correct in post. Or is sedna color tweaked and balanced already to reduce the noise in the red channel? this was a tip on drew network i watched recently

• @woodybrando i really dont understand u r question. but i always do white balance manually ,..any light use a bright white paper,.. place it in front of u r subject,..focus this white paper get proper exposure without shadow,... then adjust your wb until u feel its proper white,..just see believe what u see,..

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions