Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • Cluster v2 sounds great!

• @royadkins That looks like a sweet march. Wish I was there!

@thepalalias Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• @mee

SendSpace.com allows temporary uploads up to 500MB in size, last I checked.

• @Driftwood et all,

Where can I upload some raw Sedna/Orion/Rocket files to link to? I am trying to upload them to 2shared to share it seems they only allows 200mb files now, and 100 mb in multi upload, which is the only one of the two working for me for some reason.

• I shot a second line march last week using Cluster settings (and Per's audio settings too). In some of the footage towards the end I pushed the ISO a little far (ISO 4000), but I was very happy with the recording time available versus quality. Thanks @Driftwood

• Spiffy. :)

• Cojonudo!

• Me gusta

• Muy bien!

• There will be a new version of Cluster (v2) together with Per's Audio settings and Sedna matrix settings tonight.

• http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/47090#Comment_47090

thanks sophus. I will try again today. What I wanted is using Sedna but replace 720p setting of Cluster. Your solution is adding audio from Sedna to cluster. Love it too

• Can someone post a link to driftwoods guide to mix settings?

To mix Senda q20 24p with Orion 720p, would I load Senda in ptools, uncheck everything 720p, then load Orion and uncheck everthing except 720p, then load senda settings again, and shift click it?

Is this a good idea to try this? Orion has AQ and Senda doesn't. Is it compatible?

• Hi guys, Just wanted to give a huge thanks to all the community around here. You're all doing an awesome job. I'm about to patch my firmware with this one : v5b Hybrid Matrix I'll post some of my results as soon as possible :) Keep up the good work

• @tinbeo Just put the two original settings into PTool. A=Cluster B=Sedna Uncheck all the audio boxes in the A/Cluster setting (I think they are by default). Then load the other setting by clicking on the letter B in PTool with the correct audio settings. Now open the first setting A again and (re)check all the audio checkboxes. Now shift+click the A again and store your setting. You should now have the audio values of Sedna in Cluster. You can confirm this by comparing them by clicking between A/B and check values.

• @driftwood & who could help I read and read over the guide to mix settings by driftwood but stlll confused. I tried to mix Sedna with Cluster 720p . I like Cluster but want to have a better audio setting included in Sedna. I follow guide by driftwood create a new setting. That new setting by appear look not as same as the others loaded but I loaded the new one anyway . The camera stiill show write error with 720 mode. I am confusing of that Ticke the box and slot part instructed by Driftwood. I also wondered if I know what I am doing :)) Any one could walk me by step and step or better explained them?

• Was out and about the other day with Sedna A AQ1. I took some portrait type shots with soft lenses and settings (rather than using Sedna C which should be better for this kind of thing). Apologies for the wind noise.

Results were okay, was pretty easy to work with in Nuke. I really should get around to creating colour matrixs specific to the film modes of the GH2 to use as starting points, rather than using different hue correct nodes to deal with the green/red issues prior to doing anything else. If any Nuke users have already done this please share the numbers.

• Driftwood put out Sedna while I was in Puerto Rico, so I shot a few clips while out on the beach. Just the standard 14-140 Lumix Zoom lens, and Sedna B AQ1.

• @davidhjlindberg Very nice david... Looks clean too.

• @driftwood I am using a Sandisk 95mbs but 16gb version and lowered frame limit on 720/60 till it was stable in 1000 increments as you recommend and by the time I got it low enough there was some weird blocking etc in the image. I used some of your settings from 720/60p Orion and edited the Sedna C settings and I'm getting better images at 60p and it will shoot about a minute before it stops recording. I think it's GOP 6 and it's averaging 67mbs. Can I just straight copy your Orion 720/60 settings into the Sedna C patch and not effect the kick ass image of Sedna 24p? I dont care about 50p or 1081i 24p is all I shoot and 60p if I need to overcrank some footage. Again thanks for everyones efforts.

• @islanders66 Thanks for looking. Yeah I'll take a look at a few adjustments. Dont really want to lower frame limits that low as it affects 1080i60/HBR too. Some other things need looking at.

• @driftwood, for Sedna 720p I tried lowering the frame limit and FB. At about 1300000-1400000 there was no write error for a demanding conditions however the image was breaking up a lot of details. I lowered the frame limit and FB more but the same problem. Of course there is no problem with 24p.

• thanks thepalalias and flaschus. If i change gop in 720/50p pictoris cbr patch from 6 to 12 and live rest settings as they are, will this still work properly? or is this connected with other settings? in theory that is good motion for 50p, my preferred file size and look with sedna. I know this is a tread for best possible patches (sorry) but as a pal user I fill forgotten:) so looking for something optional and this may work on sandisc 30mbs which is another good thing. amI wright?

• @Tifose @feha Thank you so much! (Tack så mycket)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions