Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • Cluster is for Long GOP lovers. Seems totally stable. And designed for Transcend style cards.

@sir_danish Well, we're still pushing the boundaries of Orion in terms of quality so I havent concentrated any efforts to make it span. Spanning will only happen on bitrates sub 100M anyways as seen from previous tests. Perhaps the VBR like Rocket would be better for you if you require longer recordings.

• Hello,

Is it possible to see GF2 video samples 720 & 1080 with Cluster V1 ?

Thanks a lot.

• Here's some Cluster v1 screengrabs - no time to upload films at moment. First two are 24p, second two are HBR 30p, third two are 720p60. All taken on Panny 45-175mm X Lens.

Screen shot 2012-03-09 at 13.28.36.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Screen shot 2012-03-09 at 13.22.45.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    720p60 SH Screen shot 2012-03-09 at 14.14.09.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    HBR30p Screen shot 2012-03-09 at 14.08.12.png
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    HBR 30p Screen shot 2012-03-09 at 14.26.38.png
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    720p60 Screen shot 2012-03-09 at 14.08.55.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • GF2 + Cluster V1 settings: spanning failed after about 50 minutes recording on static subject. Sandisk class 10 Extreme 30mb/s 16 GB card. PAL 50i 1080p + lumix 14mm pancake.

• @driftwood: I see, thank you very much! :)

• @blofeld It probably got bored! ;-) Seriously though, how many files did you get on the one 50 minute recording? Did you lose the whole recording? Let me know.

• Whoops, my bad. I'm a total newbie to actually testing camera settings. I got three files, so spanning DOES work. I believe you when you say it got bored! I have strong faith in your Orion matrix, especially with over sharp panasonic lenses, so I'm gonna roll tonight with your Cluster settings on my GF2 B-cam. Thank You for making all these great settings. Salutes

• @driftwood i just loaded Quantum X (v4d Orion) 'Dark Matter' Matrix Pack and there were 3 version of it so i just loaded v3 thinking it will be the last and best one. Was i right?

• @mozes amazing, please can i download your settings ini file ? does it work with HBR 25 PAL ?

• euuuh its not my setting but driftwoods ...
    Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion) CBR - Q8 - HBR Fixed - Updated 18.30pm 06032012 with the 'Dark Matter' Matrix v1 And yes everything works fine...............

• @mozes OK, thank you, i just loaded v3 will check v1, yes i know it's @driftwood but could not find it before :-) Edit: Just tested, works great, in cam playback, have not tested spanning, but 32Gb gives only about 28 -29 min anyway ... Thank you @driftwood , now we have a little "big monster" camera :-)

• whats the most details? v1 or v3 dark matter?

• this is a version of the last video without neat noise in post at 3200 iso. the last video is on page 7 with more infos

• @driftwood, trying out your cluster and working fine, in very stable 720p. I am using a Sandisk Ultra 30mb from recent amazon purchase. The card would not work with other files but working fine with this(cluster) so I am happy with the result as I am just filming my terrible 2. Thanks again!!

• Hi guys, I have one problem. I'm using: Quantum X (v4d) Orion CBR with "Darker V3 Matrix" and in some clips I'm getting one straight line of noise or some blur. It isn't appearing in every clip. What could be wrong?

I had the same problem with the: Quantum X v5c pictoris VBR

Both shot at HBR NTSC

here is the link to raw damaged video: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30112173/00005.MTS

• @miza What card you got? Looks good on my monitor. Especially the basket. Send me to where the problem is in the picture?

• @driftwood Thank you for your hard work, sir.

Quantum X (v4d Orion) is absolutely stunning, and works well with my Sandisk 32GB cards. It's mind-boggling that such quality is coming from this tiny, plastic box. I'm also happy to report a marked improvement in the gamma shift that occurs after pressing record when using Smooth -2, -2, -2, -2 settings and outputting to my Marshall monitor; has anyone else experienced this?

• @Driftwood thanks for all the amazing patches, I will put on a high iso test tonight, filming a projection performance tonight. Hopefully I don't have to crank up to 3200 iso, do you have any recommendation? @pop24 what profile do you use on neat video to help on the noise of the video?

Thank you all =)

• @apix i think this is not the right treat to talk about neat noise profiles.

• you are right @pop24 =)

• Ok once again, what is a good patch that will work on my gh2, 720 60p

• Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b

• +1 on the Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b. No one compliments this setting enough!

• Used Orion4d on a 12800 ISO shot in "B&Wsoft". I'm absulutely amazed. (As I am from all the rest of it, but this is special.)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions