Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • Thx for explaining this @driftwood.
    i was thinking that it where the standard settings from the gh2!

• Thanks for the explanation @driftwood. I have a real noob question to anyone here that could advise me. I reset the ratios to widescreen when I modified one of the patches to 1920x816 and the MJPEG settings to 1280x544 (both for widescreen format) but when I re uploaded the firmware into my Camera it crashed after a short time of filming. I took the battery out,to turn it off as it seized up with a memory card error and would not switch off (even tho the bitrate was not that high and previously it had run fine with 1920x1080 and 1280x720. So anyway I re uploaded a standard patch and it was fine again. Is this because it has to conform to 16:9 ratio and if you change it to a wider format there will be trouble in the camera? I am not too fussed, cause I can crop it nicely in Aunsoft Video converter, but I was wondering if any of the experts here could enlighten me a little as to what is possible in this area? Thanks in advance Astro

• *** NEW *** Bright/sharper 'Sedna' Matrix for new Orion Setting - coming soon

Further announcements soon. HBR video motion 25p test below. All shots Panasonic 45-175 X Lens.

HBR 25p Sedna matrix pic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    720p60 in motion - Sedna matrix pic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    24p Sedna matrix pic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    HBR 30p Sedna matrix pic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Sedna 25p HBR Reds.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Sedna 25p HBR.png
    1802 x 923 - 2M
  • SOMEONE PLEASE TRY bkmcwd settings on GOP3ZILLA WITH DARK MATTER v3!!!!! I am testing a few other mix matches haha

• @bkmcwd 's brilliant settings work really well with all Dark Matter matrices. It's thee best GOP3 out there. :-)

• @driftwood Is rolling shutter improved? (blades look very good- I wouldn't dare film that myself... something special with Sedna?)

• Driftwood, many thanks to you, Vitaliy, and the whole crew for such incredible work. You essentially give us a new camera every few days.

• @thepalalias @driftwood any future plans to add audio hack final setting to orion v4b??? people will sure love to see such patch a official intra film camera with a better audio recording??? what do u say?

• @driftwood That looks amazing. Could you eplain the differences between Orion Dark matrices and the Sedna Matrix?

Will the new Senda Matrix also allow for low level details?

• Driftwood, many thanks to the improved high bit rates. My experience so far with Orion:

San Disk Extreme 45mbs: Outside in full sunlight, no ND filter, shutter at 500 plus.

Quantum X (v4b Orion) CBR.. works in 24p H and L, and 70p SH and H. (prior attempt with 70p SH did have a read card error but today it worked.)

Quantum X (v4d Orion) 'Dark Matter' only works in 24p H and L. Both 70p SH and H memory card read error.

So it looks like I'll stick with v4b, as 720 p seems to work.

Any other suggestions to improve 720p without reaching the speed of the card?

• @scaper you shld also mention @thepalalias he is coming up with a high quality audio patch.... i am just wondering how gh2 is gonna be after all these researches,... but, we already reached far ahead,.. a post production friendly orion v4b, do anything it works in post,.. no more hassle,..

• @islanders66 in 720p change auto quantizer to '4' instead of '16'

..has been stable 4 me.

@driftwood kuiper belt... sedna,. awesome name!

p.s. Pluto's still a planet!

• @flashus I lowered the quantizer to 4 but still had memory card write error in both SH and H mode for 720.

Are you using a prime lens? I tested this on a 14-45. And got and error when panning outside.

24p H looks great. I'm just trying to find a frame rate and shutter speed that has a smooth pan. So far 24p isn't a smooth pan for me.

• @royadkins or anyone, I did check the first page but that's why I didnt understand that much or know about, which is why I asked here :D Anyways, I just want to now, what doyou mean by 100M+Max in accordance to the bitrate?

Are all the ORion patches Intra? Also, to everyone here, would you say the latest (Dark Matter) Orion patch is the most 'improved' one?

• I'm asking this as well because I believe the Intra-frame recording and high bitrates would solve my green screen problem, Keylight in After Effects (whilsts good) keeps keying out little blocks from all over the image! :(

• @GH2_fan Are you playing with all the subtleties of Keylight? Screen-blur, Screen matte, Foreground color correction? Spill suppressor? Refine Matte? Have you gone into the Green and Blue channels and cleaned up the noise? Getting a perfect key starts with lighting, then you color correct it, if you have time, make a garbage matte so Key light has less to calculate...getting a perfect key is a trip down the rabbit hole; you always have to experiment with your settings and other tools within AE to get something passable or believable. You are also dealing with an 8 bit 4:2:0 codec, too.

As for the little blocks, play with Clip white and black more? Then blur the green channel a bit?If you are seasoned with Keying, than ignore my suggestions.

Salud

• @islanders66 Dont lower the quantiser to 4, he meant uncheck quantiser settings and check AQ = 4 in Patches for end users. AQ yeah? AQ!

• @driftwood

whats upp... i had same prob and made set that seemed 2 work on low gop series 5.. page 4. maybe its not rite?!

• @Rajamalik Yes, @driftwood has been nice enough to offer to include the next round of audio settings in a new patch. But I'm delaying slightly to also include much better meters.

Anybody that wants the audio settings completed sooner can help by providing feedback on the level meters I suggested on my blog.

http://perlichtman.com/pasdenapulse/wordpress/2012/03/09/advanced-panasonic-gh2-tutorial-setting-audio-meters-in-ptool/

Anyway, replacing the factory default settings with optimized ones can increase your dynamic range by at least 10dB if you are recording especially loud sounds by lowering the noise floor and (in many situations) we are getting no obvious compression up to around -6dBFS.

• @proaudio4 Basically Sedna is pushing more to the extreme levels of the matrix in terms of shadow details.

• @flaschus I don't seem to be getting probs like some of the guys are getting on 720p. The way I'm heading is using the 12/15 GOP structure of Cluster for 720, and then an extreme variant with GOP1 50p and GOP3 or 6 for 60p. I'll let you know what Q when we release the next implemntation of Orion with Sedna matrix.

• @driftwood.. I'm not finding any place to uncheck quantiser settings or to check AQ=4 in Patches for end users?

This is after I load the settings in the ptools right?

All is see is Video Bitrate taht is all checked, and Auto Quantizer for 720 and 1080 modes that is unchecked.

Should I check one of these?

• @driftwood, do you have a ETA on your "Sedna" matrix? I was planning on doing some shooting this weekend (not for any projects just for fun) and I was planning on using one of your Dark matter matrixes but the clip you posted and the attached images look good.

• @islanders66 AQ in end users, Q is in patches for testers. Check Auto Quantiser 720 modes = 4 and uncheck Quantizer setting for 720 modes in 'Quantiser'.

AQ is in patches for end users and Q in patches for testers.png
    768 x 636 - 76K
  • @Reckless Sorry mate, won't be ready yet. Could be tomorrow, could be when its done...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions