Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @jclmedia Try SmackMyBitchUp v2b, Orion, Pictoris or Cluster. ;-) thanks @thepalalias - forgot about that SMBU!

• SMBU v2b is great. It's the one I've been using while testing for the "Setting AGC" and "Setting Level Meters" GH2 blogs I've posted in my Tutorials section.

http://perlichtman.com/pasdenapulse/wordpress/category/tutorials/

• @thepalalias Must remember: I need to integrate your excellent audio settings in our future settings. :-)

• @driftwood i recorded a very long session in orion v4b today,..amazing patch sir,..thank you so much,...do u have any future plans to improve this patch further? i am very much satisfied with this patch,..just curious to know abt u r research

• @Driftwood Thanks, but they are also about to get a lot better.

Been spending the last couple days improving them and @SpaceWig and @Frame are both helping with testing now. :)

• @thepalalias You're 'thee' audio man on this site. Let me know when youre finished and Ill include it on the next Orion if you want. Making progress on limiting red chrominance but its difficult... taking a lot of tests.

• @Driftwood Will do. And here's hoping the testing doesn't get too "testing". ;)

• @driftwood "red chrominance" the patch for graphics people for chrome key????

• @driftwood

it there any chance to get a "mini" version of latest orion dark matrix v1 ... this CBR "eats" my SD 32GB ... I need something about 50mbit that works OK on HBR 25p PAL ... If I had two GH2 the one would be all the time latest orion dark matrix :-) EDIT:Ah, found it "Cluster" will test this :-)

• Hi everyone, I know this may seem like the noobish question ever, but what would you say is the 'best' version of Quantum patch to use??? :D

• @GH2_fan If you mean "highest quality regardless of bitrate", the different Orion versions seem to be the current favorites, though which of the 4 is a matter of opinion. :)

• orion v4d(v3) 24p

orionv4d24p.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @driftwood What would you suggest is a good matrix mix between the stock Panasonic sharpness and the Orion 4b.. one of the dark matter matrices?

I often go from the Leica/Lumix 25mm 1.4 to Zeiss and Tokina manuals.. and without switching patches, which would be best for a good mix? thanks. All others who have tried dark matter may chime in as well.

• @brodieg Beautiful sky. :)

• @jclmedia What card are you using? I use an 8gb Sandisk Extreme 30mbs card and have no troubles with 720p on any settings with Orion. Lower end cards may not work.

• Few clips edited together of testing Orion Dark Matter, night shot ends at about 1:25

• @royadkins which matrix version of Dark MatteR?

• @jclmedia. Try Ralph_B Sanity 3.1. 720p60, 1080i60 and HBR are very stable and good quality. I have been using it along with Driftwood's Orion v4b CBR for 24p and I am very happy with both.

• Well can someone tell me more about "Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion) 'Dark Matter' Matrix Pack + HBR FIX - CBR 'Settings'", is it completely Intra-frame? and what Bitrate does it record at?

Also, what is the title of this patch telling me exactly? "'Dark Matter' Matrix Pack"? "HBR FIX"? "CBR 'Settings'"?

• @JPB1138 version 3. Everything is 24P at 1/50th and the daytime shots are 160 iso. I think all of those shots were on smooth 0,0,0,0 too.

• @GH2_fan check out the first post for more info on the settings. Orion's info via Driftwood: 154M INTRA 108024p; CBR style HBR & 1080i INTRA 100M+ Max; CBR Style GOP12(PAL)/GOP15(NTSC) 720p 50/60 - 80+ Max

Dark matter is a proper name for this matrix, hbr is high bit rate, and Cbr is constant bit rate. There is a lot to take in to understand the patches, you really should read through the first few posts on this topic, and maybe check out what @lpowell wrote on the flowmotion settings topic.

• Testing out Orion 4vC around the city.

• @L1N3ARX That looks amazing. The cinematic quality of those shot and the composition makes me feel like the potential of this camera is beyond what I've thought of it as. All with a 20mm. Makes me wish I had a 20mm now! haha

• @L1N3ARX that's the look i am looking for very will done

• **** TODAY'S HOT TIP FOR BEGINNER's ****

Question: I want to try a different matrix on such and such a setting?

Answer: Easy, follow these simple steps:-

REMEMBER: PATCHES ARE SELECTABLE SECTIONS IN PTOOLS FOR YOU TO EDIT, SETTINGS ARE WHAT WE INPUT, EDIT & SAVE & AS A COLLECTIVE NAME (like for example 'Orion').

1. Copy the two settings you want to interchange matrices FROM and TO into a fresh ptools folder together with a copy of the firmware v1.11 bin file and ptools itself. Now open the Setting (from A to J buttons) that you want to copy a matrix TO.
    2. Click down into ptools until you reach the section under 'Patches for Testers/AVCHD Movie Mode/Scaling Tables'
    3. Under 'Scaling Tables' patches uncheck all scaling i, p, b matrix tables you want to change.
    4. Now save this edited setting to a blank (red coloured) Settings Button labelled A to J at bottom of ptools. (to save: Shift+ click one of these buttons). Notice saving opens up a dialog allowing you to give your setting a name and details (so call it 'no matrix 'setting' or whatever)
    5. Now open up the setting you want to copy the matrix FROM. Notice the scaler tables numbers and that they are ticked for this setting. Now immediately click on the slot you saved your 'no matrix setting' the one without matrices checked!).
    6. Yes, the scaling tables are unchecked, but if you now checkbox (tick the boxes!) them notice you now have the previously loaded scaling tables patch settings (the FROM settings) in your 'no matrix' labelled setting, this is because ptools still shows the previous setting loaded in the patch if the newly loaded setting patches are left unchecked.
    7. You can now resave to a new slot or overwrite your 'no matrix' slot and call it a new name like 'Setting X with Setting Y's Matrix' (e.g. 'Pictoris with Dark Matter v3 Matrix') Viola!!!!

Done

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions