Personal View site logo
PTool 3.56d topic
  • 98 Replies sorted by
  • OK Vitaliy, will do! Sorry to clog up this thread :-)

Again, thank you so much for your hard work, I really appreciate it.
  • >So what did they do to prevent this that you have found out and fixed?

I do want to comment on this. They just added few special checks.

>Any clue what the unmentioned fixes fix?

I have no clue.
  • I get the impression that the firmware versions are (very) similar. What percentage of the binary files differ?

Would it be possible to "keep" the V1.34 firmware by applying the same (binary) changes to the original V1.32 firmware (adding an option in PTool)?
  • >Would it be possible to "keep" the V1.34 firmware by applying the same (binary) changes to the original V1.32 firmware (adding an option in PTool)?

Of course not :-)
  • Works on my GF1. Thanks!

Is it true that shutter speed doesn't go slower than 1/30 in video if I use Panasonic MFT lens, because I can't get to 1/25.
  • At Panny HQ, they are not freaking out about the camera being better, they are freaking out because 3rd party batteries work once again. The GH3 will come with fingerprint sensors on the batteries just ot make sure you can only use OEM :)
  • >The GH3 will come with fingerprint sensors on the batteries just ot make sure you can only use OEM

Or they'll add small radioactive box inside camera (they have bunch of this stuff :-) ) and if battery is not original... boom, and you can blame only yourself :-)
  • Hello again,

Just a quick message to say that, however long it takes me to sort out the best settings for my GF1, I managed to install hacked firmware onto my previously unhackable GF1 with no problems whatsoever. I used '10' for the version increment (I did not check 'ignore previous version') and it worked first time.

Thank you!! Now, let the testing commence :-)

PS/ From now on, when replacing the hacked firmware with other hacked firmware I should leave the 'version increment' box unticked and tick the 'ignore previous version' box, correct?

• It works on both my GH1 bodies!!!! Now I can start pre-pro on my 3D short film! Thanks Vitaliy!. Oh, this may seem like a no-brainer, but you need to delete the bin file after the upgrade otherwise the camera will keep asking if you want to upgrade.
  • Native 24p works perfect, but maybe im doing something wrong with with the bitrate numbers on AVCHD mode, the files properties shows the regular alnd old bitrate, i tried several times, but, its seems worthless
  • the same with me why do it show the old bitrate for some one help im new to this gh1 hack
  • what the best setting for a rap video on the hack gh1

• I too seem to be having the bitrate problem. The frame rate seems to have worked, it imports as 24p native. However, the bitrate seems to hover around 12mb/s. Any ideas? I'm trying to use the lpowell 100mb/s max latitude patch.

On a sperate note, I'm assuming that you only need to tick the "new body" box the very first time you patch it, there is not need to tick it every time, correct?
  • The bitrate still depends on what you're actually shooting. If it needs 100mbit it will use it. but if you're shooting the sky there is no reason for it.
  • of course tick "New Body" BOX only at your first hack bin-file.
    Hint: Take/buy several cheap/older 1GB SD Cards, format it in GH1 , shot 1 Photo and copy a various GH1__133.bin to the root, label card with a sense-making title, so you have your hack-choice everytime to your needs.
    PC-Orga: make a special directory "/GH1_Hack_BINs". Deposit the ptool-make-bin-file (eg. always use GH1__133.bin) there and rename to e.g. "MaxLatitude_Buffer_Sound_GH1__133.bin" . Later copy the BIN to your cheap "only-for hack-SD-card" and rename the file by deleting the name-part till "GH1..."
  • To what degree do the V1.32 and V1.34 firmware versions differ?

Would it be possible to add an option to PTool to also upgrade the V1.32 firmware with the V1.34 changes, to have the best of both worlds when also regular V1.32 hacks are applied?

This would also be an easy way to create V1.34 firmware file from the public V1.32 firmware file.
  • what about the bitrate why is it the same after i record something answer this somebody
  • "The bitrate still depends on what you're actually shooting. If it needs 100mbit it will use it. but if you're shooting the sky there is no reason for it" :-)
  • thanks im check
  • Vitaly, any chance to see in-camera-playable high-bitrate audio codec patch for gh1?
  • Where can we get the GF1 firmware to update?
  • >Where can we get the GF1 firmware to update?

Strange question. On Panasonic site.
  • It works on my (unhackable) GH1 body, thanks, Vitaliy! All we need is HDMI live output now :)
  • I have a GF1 under FV9JAXXXX, didn't work. The firware was upgraded to the camera but made no difference to the slection menu.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions