Personal View site logo
Personal View NEST Video Contest, Cats special
  • 97 Replies sorted by
  • I Gotta get in on this competition I Love animals and my quick release plate for my $40 tripod has been missing and i can't afford to get a new one lol. Needless to say my video will definitely not be shot using a tripod ;D Shame there hasn't been so many entries so far lets pick it up GUYS! He's awarding GREAT PRIZES!

• OK, so here's mine. We foster dogs for a dog rescue charity called Hope Rescue, and this is our latest foster, Terry, telling his own story. Terry's been with us longer than most, probably because he looks a bit scary, but he's a big softy really. All shot this month except for one short clip (the slo mo of Terry jumping).

• This is my entry. All shot since the announcement of this contest. While it features our dogs there is a quick clip of a cat at the end just in case that will allow the video to qualify for second place ;)

And for extra credit this is the how-to video. Not very interesting but it shows the very simple gear used. No rigs or tripods or anything...just camera, 2 lenses, and a small $15 audio recorder.

• @Fool4UAnyway

Not a big story, but it is interesting and quite fun.

• What's the story?

Smart dog to take a shortcut.

• I will be entering...little more work to do...

• @zbloc

Check terms

video must have story to tell

• Well, it's removed now, Vitaliy.

• If there is no pet but free birds is it acceptable cause I have no pets?

You live in pets free area? It is also interesting that funny things birds can do? :-)

• If there is no pet but free birds is it acceptable cause I have no pets?

• I would like to submit a rather unique contribution to the video contest... This ten-minute social documentary was shot on a hacked GH2 and features Shenzhen Cats, an animal welfare organisation based in Shenzhen, China.

In parts of southern China cats are still being eaten and there are many reported instances of animal cruelty. The non-profit organisation Shenzhen Cats tries to change people's perceptions of pet animals.

The short doc is in Chinese and English, with English subtitles. It would be great if this video was seen by more cat lovers around the world.

I would be very happy if you could accept this entry, although I am fully aware that it does not fully comply with the terms of the competition.

• Do we get bonus points for having multiple pets in there

Nope. Number is not important, quality is.

• Do we get bonus points for having multiple pets in there. I can go borrow a few from friends

• Is stuffed animal accepted (as I´ve got no pets)?

Nope. But neighbor or rented ones are ok.

• Time to join the competition I think! :) That first prize is great! Is stuffed animal accepted (as I´ve got no pets)?

• @starios

It is main idea to bring equality. Many people have actors with tails.

• Ι have a new, funny, for no specific reason video, all shot in hand inside car with kind of acting in greek language but no pets. Vitaliy you cut my wings with your pet thing :P

• Great prizes, how about those who don't have pets?

May be it is good time to get one? :-) May be contest have secret goal to spread cats? :-)

Some samples

• Great prises, how about those who don't have pets?