Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Dear friends, I tried almost all the patches and I found that Cluster X trial 7 and 8 are the best for me. Almost perfect. But there is ONE problem with these settings: moiré! Which I don't see using, say for instance, Moon 7 (while Moon 7 displays too much noise). Now, is there something I could change in your trial 7 settings to provide a better response for my gh2 camera? Any suggestion regarding the Cluster X trial 7 & 8 moiré problem? Thank you! Paolo

• @Driftwood Any previews of MoonT8 to get us excited?

• @Driftwood yes any news about moonT8...

• @cjdincer I second that lol Been Checking In everyday

• Drewnet T9

• Moon T7 (german with english subtitles)

• *** Latest News *** moon T8 still undergoing HBR/FH/SH tests. Trying out a few new ideas. It'll be ready when its ready.

• @driftwood Moon T8?? Does it holds any further improvement to 24P ?? What all the changes made sir?

• Shot on Moon T7

• @driftwood Thanks for the update Sir Driftwood.

• @sam If that place called Emmertsgrund is considered a "ghetto" Then that is one VERY NICE COUNTRY. doesn't look like a ghetto at all compared to u.s. ghettoes

• @TATZU it is indeed a really nice place. but well, it is an imagefilm. It shows the nice places. Emmertsgrund is a district with big ugly blocks and they are not in a good condition. And the district is different to the rest of heidelberg. Manly because there are more different people with different cultural backgrounds. But that is not the thing that courses problems. I don't honestly think that germany has ghettos anyway - if you compare it to the rest of the world. But I think that people don't care about international comparisons. They think from their living room to the job to the fitness center and their own wealth compared to people that surround themselves. You can observe in almost every city, town or village (size doesn't matter), that people construct districts, streets or sometimes just single houses, where the "different", "stupid" & "poor" people live. As if they feel better, when somebody else feels worse. But most of the time these constructions have a true beginning indeed. In the 70th Emmertsgrund was dangerous. There was a lot of violence, gang fights and drug dealing (still not comparable to mexican or brazil ghettos) . But times and people in Emmertsgrund have changed. Still people in other districts hold on to the idea of an ghetto identity – some people in Heidelberg are afraid to walk around in Emmertsgrund, even though the police statistic rates almost every other district more dangerous… pure constructivism in my opinion. But thats a common way people construct their own reality… an yes: no ghetto in heidelberg. It is just somewhat funny that people in Heidelberg think that they have ghettos. They just completely lost their sense for reality.

(edit: sry… slightly offtopic)

• @sam awesome thanks

• @sam, unbelievable video! What lenses and editing software did you use?

• @electria0814

Great videos! I especially love your model -- she's hot enough to get me on a plane to Japan!

Great work!

• @andy68 Really great music video productions on every level!

@everyone -- I just read though some of the more recent pages on this thread. And, I have to say, I can't imagine selling my hacked GH2 cameras. Today -- in January of 2014 -- there still aren't cameras out there that do what a GH2 with Driftwood settings does. Heck -- I'd sell my Blackmagic cameras before I'd sell the GH2's -- purely because the hacked GH2 is infinitely more versatile.

• @onionbrain Have you had any projects where you needed to cut footage together from both a BMCC and the GH2? If so how difficult were they to match?

• @onionbrain Great point on versatility.

• also agree on GH2 versatility and its particular image i still can't find anywhere else yet..

• @Tjabo I used Samyang 35 and Lumix 20 (+ ex tel mode) and for a few shots in the beginning a GoPro. I used After Effects for some animation and software stabilization. Edit in Final Cut X. This year I will look into Adobe PP cos' of the better workflow with AE.

• Has anyone used the Sony 94mbps cards with Moon 7? How'd it work out? Does it span?

• @Brian_Siano I could span with 16g 30mb/s cards on MoonT7. I don't see why it wouldn't.

• @x_worpig_x: You did use the Sony cards? That's good to know. This is something that needs first-hand verification.

You see, I tried out Moon T7 the other day with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gig card, rated at 96MB/s. It didn't span: it recorded for about four minutes, and stopped.

it's known that the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gig cards, also writing at 95 MB/ps, do span, but these cards seem to use some controlling protocol that the 32gig cards don't. They're also expensive, roughly $130. But, if the Sony cards work reliably, and they span, they're worth trying. I'll order one and give it a try.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters