Personal View site logo
Development status topic
  • 223 Replies sorted by
  • i wondered the same thing and i think ppl are saying it here so VK knows what the money is for. i couldn't tell. i think "this project" is VK's work in general like supporting this site and stuff

• I think I added a note saying it was for the GH3 per his instructions. That's been a while back though and I really can't remember for sure. At any rate....money is money and it'll get to him regardless.

• Thanks, both of you - I'll make a donation now.

• Enjoy your holiday

• Hi Folkz,

I think it is contraproductive and against the sense of a donation when you think you can 'lead' something in a specific direction - that would be funding for a specific goal... I know that VK is perfectly able to express himself so do not understand me wrong it is just my opinion. Hacking has something to do with fun and personal engagement! Inflicting money and claiming to have a 'right' get your interests followed first takes the fun out of it. I am perfectly happy with donating and waiting for the day he hacks the GH3 ;^) In the meantime I am reading and learning here from you clever guys - thanks a lot to all of you.

Cheers - take care and have fun

• @dasda You may be right but I don't know what their motives are and at one time (September) he was asking for donations specified for the GH3 http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4724/collecting-for-gh3-and-fz200-/p1

• Hi Folkz, I think it is contraproductive and against the sense of a donation when you think you can 'lead' something in a specific direction - that would be funding for a specific goal... I know that VK is perfectly able to express himself so do not understand me wrong it is just my opinion. Hacking has something to do with fun and personal engagement! Inflicting money and claiming to have a 'right' get your interests followed first takes the fun out of it. I am perfectly happy with donating and waiting for the day he hacks the GH3 ;^) In the meantime I am reading and learning here from you clever guys - thanks a lot to all of you. Cheers - take care and have fun

@dasda this is about the most sensitive, wise, laid back and yet productive comment I've read in this 7 pages topic and I've read all the comments, just my opinion, worth nothing of course :D

• @dasda You're wrong. It's certainly possible to contribute toward the purchase of an additional GH3 body for VK to use when hacking.

• @guys

I already explained our approach. We have specific target only if we are collecting for some body.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Ok, that's fine. As I wrote in my paypal note, I consider it a thanks for your efforts in attempting to hack the GH3. Whether money spent is kept keeping this nice site up, or helps afford you the chance to work on some related project instead of doing non-related work, that works.

• Another donation made for the GH3 cause. Thanks again VK and crew.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev The vast majority of hacks obviously address the AVCHD MTS files since that's really all the GH2 camera offered. Is there any chance a GH3 hack will be applied to MOV files as apposed to the AVCHD MTS files? ***I realize this maybe one of those questions that's best answered, "Way too soon to know", but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Thanks much

• Added G6 and GF6 to plans list, as they all have firmware now.

• Is there any progress with dumping of the GH3? Do you have any timeframe you expect to get some results?

• @feonn

I'll update topic as I'll have news on this.

• Good news! :)

• $20 donated towards GH3 dumping! Thank you for your work! The GH3 is a good camera and I hope that, through a hack, it will shine even brighter :) Cheers

• Put $20 down last night

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

You should just have anyone who clicks on this topic, be directed straight to that! :) Best page ever!!!!!

• can someone explain what dumping means? i could only guess, but none of them make 100% sense. as soon as i can load something to paypal i will donate to this wonderful cause as well. keep up the good work :)

• ^ not 100% sure in this case but as I understand its far more complicated than just plug a cable in one of the cameras connection port and read what's inside the camera ;)

Maybe there is an answer in "Q003":?

http://members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9jp1/gurudumps/faq.html

• checking here every month. seems like dumping gh3 is a tough job.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions