Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Development status topic
  • Status as of Aufust, 2013

• GH3 - working on making dump
    • FZ200 - some work done, but needs public firmware for PTool patches development
    • LX7 - some work done, but needs public firmware for PTool patches development
    • GF5 - some work done, but needs public firmware for PTool patches development
    • GH2 - small fixes in video patches, understanding film modes - working on it
    • GX1 - needs some fixes in MP4 side, manual video modes - working on it
    • G3 - same as GX1
    • G5 - in plans, firmware available.
    • G6 - in plans, firmware available.
    • GF6 - in plans, firmware available.

P.S. I'll try to keep it in updated state and will add more detail

• 223 Replies sorted by
  • Wow! This is very good thread! Thanks VK. :-)

• ooh...... no manual movie mode for g3 ... ooh .... I thought new version will be released with g3 supported ... ooh .... crying so sadly .....

• @xu_alex

Not yet. Issue is that it require more time for reversing and experiments.

• great news.. i hope you can work it out with manual modes on G3

• Real time updates are the best

• With time I'm sure the answer will be found! Please do keep us updated on further progress! Thanks.

• Thanks for the great work. +1 for the manual mode for G3.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, you still work alone on this?

• @humpman

No, I share most of the work with my cat.

• Any news on if the Film Modes for GH2 will ever be possible to hack?

• @ Vitaliy_Kiselev

"No, I share most of the work with my cat." LOL, man you made my day, i love you for this!

... and many thx for the G3 manual video modes!

• yea, LOL at VK comment.. :) his cat must be the smartest cat in the world.. not like my lazy tomcat :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Oh, no GF2 reverse osmosis of a manual mode? or at least in gf4;)? Please ask your cat for help on this one.

• May be a stupid question regarding GH3. Since the new firmware is out do you need to dump it off the camera?

• May be a stupid question regarding GH3. Since the new firmware is out do you need to dump it off the camera?

Yes, of course :-) Firmware is encrypted.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Why is GF2 out of development?

• @nereo

Lack of time, if something could be ported to it, we'll do it.

• We hope!

• Ooh, glad I just sold the GF2 I'd bought in anticipation of hack and sold in anticipation of no hack! Very useful thread, knowing how things are going is great, thank you.

• So I guess no GF3 manual video any more?

• So I guess no GF3 manual video any more?

I am sure that if I could make manual video for other camera of this generation it could be made for GF3.

• Just wondering, (I imagine this is a redundant question, but I've gotta ask!)- any chance of 10-bit color through hacking?

I know that's a true pipe-dream, but man... at least BlackMagic got that right with the pocket cinema camera!

• Okay, I found my answer here. Thanks Vk.

• Hi Vitaliy, some news related to the development of gh3? thanks

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions