Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Development status topic
  • 223 Replies sorted by
  • So it is my idea, that they have made hacking much easier on the GH3 - no encryption, or only super-easy "pretend" encryption. I'm waiting for Vitaliy to tell us how wonderfully easy Panasonic made it.

LOL. No Panasonic is not Canon. They can tolerate us, but won't help.

• Vitaliy, the work done with the FZ200 or the LX7 could be appliable to TZ40, for example? There's already a firmware for that one.

Thanks.

• So June has fallen upon us, any updates as to how the dumping is going for the GH3, @Vitaliy_Kiselev? Thanks again for all the hard work :)

• So June has fallen upon us, any updates as to how the dumping is going for the GH3

Yep, sorry. Did not get dump yet, sorry, as May had been quite mad month and we couldn't do few things on time. I hope that we'll have dump in first half of June.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Awesome, glad to hear! Good luck!

• Sorry VK, you're right

• @maddog15

Where do you see deficiencies with the GH3?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I know this is a difficult if not impossible question to answer Vitaliy, but how confident do you feel that the GH3 can be hacked? No need to answer if it's an improper question.

Thanks!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Could you give an update (If there is any) on the progress with G3? Thanks.

• I'm amazed there hasn't been a firmware update for the LX7 yet. I guess there isn't anything wrong with it. I sure hope they do release one. Then Vitaliy can work his magic on it! :)

• I emailed Panasonic in Japan the other day to ask if they were planning to release any firmware updates for the LX7. They said "Not in the near future."

Booo!

• Any updates here regarding the GH3? :)

• Anything new in the matter of G3? :)

• Unfortunately , the G3 or fz200 or LX7, I don´t believe can be hacked. The Panasonic will not update firmware. What do you think about? Vitaliy_Kiselev: what do you think about? Thank You...

• correction: the G3 has been hacked, but I am referring to the manual controls for video

• VK is pretty good about updating when he has something to say. It's not necessary to keep asking for updates.

• Any updates here regarding the GH3? :)

We need few stuff to make proper dump. Need some time to get it.

fz200 or LX7, I don´t believe can be hacked. The Panasonic will not update firmware.

You mean here to say can't be patched. Ask Panasonic to release firmware, not me.

Anything new in the matter of G3? :)

Huge time shortage :-( This thing requires few full days spent.

• What "stuff" do you need?

• What "stuff" do you need?

Hardware stuff :-)

• @eatstoomuchjam Thank you. I was hoping that was the case. It just felt like, to me, that Vitaliy had lost interest in the G3 Development. My apologies!

• This is the first time I've ever posted here but why does everyone keep asking V what the status is and how far he's gotten? I really feel like I'm taking crazy pills or there's 9 year olds on the board. I get that everyone is waiting in anticipation for any news but asking over and over again is just insane behavior. Honestly, I really don't understand it. If and when there's developments worth reporting, I'm sure he'll post them. If he needs help, I'm sure he'll contact the proper people who actually know what the hell he's doing. Just let the man work and at some point, he'll let us know. I'm sure I sound like a dick but it's just the same questions over and over again.

• @vicharris Perhaps some users come to PersonalView just to check out the hack only. One might not see this as a content driven site. Probably only interested in the hack status than anything else.

• Possibly but all you have to do is look in this thread, see 5 other people have asked the exact same thing, and not ask it again. Maybe I'm just being a dick or just too practical but I still don't see the need for it. It really reminds me of a 9 year old asking "Are we there yet" every 10 min in the back seat. But...I'm prob just being a dick :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions