Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @therichreports and @toxotis70 have a look here guys
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5389/gh3-wi-fi-questions-and-apps-discussions/p3

I reconfirm that works both jpeg and raw, at least the send while recording (which is what I'm interested) kinda a very painfully hyper slow tethered mode. how I miss my usb cable and easily tether away to the moon and beyond, snif

• i cant connect it to my mac either!!

• has anyone got the gh3 to work with a mac? I though the update helped this yet i still can not figure it out I feel really stupid that I can not figure this out.

• New firmware is avaliable.

1."Low Light AF" is added that makes it possible to set focus on the subject in low-lit situations (-3EV).

2."Silent Mode" is added which suppresses electronic shutter, shutter sound, operation sound and flash emission with a single setting.

3."Exposure Comp. Reset" is added which resets the setting of exposure compensation to ±0 whenever the camera is turned off or the shooting mode is changed.

4.Performance of AF is enhanced in use with H-PS14042 and H-PS45175.

5.Connection problem with Apple Mac computers via Wi-Fi is fixed

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index2.html

• looks like a well driller... but what a nice BG bokeh, drooling 8-)
    @Manu4Vendetta thanks for shaking , meant sharing

• But the point of a mirrorless camera is to keep the size down and the GH3 makes it the size of a DSLR. Additionally, they tried to jam pack a ton of buttons on the camera which didn’t totally work out for the ergonomics. Seriously, there are around five custom function buttons all over the place. Additionally, coming from the OMD and working with Leicas before, I really missed the feeling of those classical knobs and dials in just the right places. This felt a lot more like a DSLR–and may therefore also appeal to a whole nother level of customer. I’m obviously not that person.

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/07/01/review-panasonic-gh3/

Quite weird opinion. For me GH3 is too small.

• Technically, with Panasonic releasing another GH3 firmware update, wouldn't the development efforts for a potential GH3 hack start over? IANAP.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Where is the discussion topics and update of the GH3 Hack. Thank you

• Great idea gib...simple and effective!!

• That seems to be a bug, obviously.

• it would be useful to have the screen info re-appear if the eye sensor detects movement behind the camera

that is as simple and as good an idea gets, @gib :-)

• it would be useful to have the screen info re-appear if the eye sensor detects movement behind the camera

It would save having to touch the camera to get the info back on the display

• Santamail - that was brilliant :)))) However true, same effect...

• haha, good one but I was hoping for more serious answer :(

• Is there any website where you can write to Panasonic about firmware updates, ideas and request for firmware updates?

Yes - http://www.the-north-pole.com/santamail.shtml

• Hello, I'm new here and I'm GH3 user. I'm happy with the camera but it has its weak points. One of them is wi-fi connectivity with PC (even after 1.1 firmware update) and the second thing which annoys me is that it's impossible to use focus assist during recording movies. I'm mostly using manual vintage lenses which are cheaper and sometimes better then expensive primes (this is of course my personal opinion) and if Panasonic won't give us focus peaking, maybe at least they'd enable focus assist during recording. Is there any website where you can write to Panasonic about firmware updates, ideas and request for firmware updates?

• Notice for DMC-GH3 Firmware Update...no piking on GH3 :-(

• They need to change their text. It's not released yet and won't be until July.

• face palm

• I remember reading about someone stating that it would lead to OLED burn-in but why wouldn't you want it to be left on or configurable when using an HDMI external monitor?

• Seems to be good news that they're still working on it. But at the risk of sounding like a nag, they still aren't making the Display Info Disappearing configurable?

Are you able to read previous posts of this topic? As they have very good explanation why it is not possible to do. Such thing will lead to display issues and huge amount of service repairs.

• Seems to be good news that they're still working on it. But at the risk of sounding like a nag, they still aren't making the Display Info Disappearing configurable?
    W T F.

• @ntsan

Interesting news.