Personal View site logo
Official Nikon Hacks, D7000, D7100, D3100, D3200, D5100, V1, V2, J1, D4, D800 and Nikon Tool
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • i have d800, is there coming something more than text patch?

• @Azo

Nope, it is text patch that changes "Firmware version" text. Just for testing.

Normally if you click on patch you see tip window to the right.

• @Vitaliy

Thank you providing something for the Nikon users :) I have a Nikon D600 so I downloaded the newest firmware and the only thing I see is the text patch. Does the text patch remove the 20 recording limit? There are no options or anything so I am not sure what this patch will do.

Best Regards,

Nikon D600.png
    381 x 624 - 33K
  • Ok, thanks.

• Are there any plan to add support for Nikon D5200?

D5200 firmware is not awailable last time I checked.

• Would e.g. be great if the main post indicated what the "simple text patch" actually is, and why it is indicated as experimental (what risk is involved in trying it?).

Click on it and read tip text.

• @Vitaliy Are there any plan to add support for Nikon D5200?

• Wow, great to see D600 on that list :) I downloaded the nTool and loaded the new D600 firmware, and I see the option for testers with the "simple text patch". I think there is still a need for more information, so we kan keep this thread as "on topic" as possible. Would e.g. be great if the main post indicated what the "simple text patch" actually is, and why it is indicated as experimental (what risk is involved in trying it?). I think there is a great deal of Nikon users interested in this, and also who want help testing. But most need a little more information, so we know the risk :) If timelimit removal will work as a stable patch on the D600, that would be so fantastic. Again, great work!!

• @evero

Btw, I wrongly typed version history.

D600 is supported, just simple text patch for now.

As for limit, you can download tool and read tips after loading firmware, it has answers.

• Congrats on the achievements! So great to see improvement in the Nikon camp aswell! I only have a D600, so I can't test this myself. So I must ask: What does the video time limit removal do? Is it able to span when passing 4gb?

• NTool 2.50a released

Click here for download.

Version history

v2.50a

• Added support and patches for D7000 v1.04.
    • Added support and patches for D3200 v1.01.
    • Added patches for D3100 v1.01.
    • Added patches for D5100 v1.01.
    • Added support for D600 v1.01 (only text patch).
    • Added support for D800 v1.02 (only text patch).
    • Added support for D800E v1.02 (only text patch).
    • Added support for Nikon J1 v1.20 (only text patch).
    • Added support for Nikob V1 v1.21 (only text patch).
  • I would dearly love to see a patch for the J1 that enabled metering with a dumb adapter. In the J1, I finally have a camera that will let me mount this 16mm/0.78 I've had around forever, but the manual mode is just so badly implemented on the J1.

It seems like this is "just" bypassing the lens check, but I'm pretty far from an assembly coder. :)

Anyone working on the Nikon 1 cameras?

• I don't know so much if it's a patch specifically for the D5200 - but perhaps some picture profile tweak.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I read @LPowell to mean he had a D5100 patch in the works.

• Guys, D5200 firmware still not available, so @LPowell meant somethign different.

• @last_SHIFT I saw that too. Fingers crossed.

• FYI - in the D5200 thread Lpowell hinted at a Nikon 'tweak' that he will put in beta soon. I have no idea what it is or when it will go public - but maybe we can badger him for more info.

• The Nikon D5200 seems like it might be a viable camera for filmmaking. I am sure that Vitaliy is busy working on a GH3 hack right now, but might this be a worthwhile project in the future?

• Again, just asking about the D7000. I'm planning to sell it and buy a GH2, however if there is a possibility for a bitrate hack, then I would love to stick with the larger sensor, and ergonomics that I'm fond of.

Like previous commenters, I would also be happy to pay or donate for the time invested in this hack. Please could you leave a comment on whether or not you're any closer to developing a bitrate hack for the D7000?

Thank you for your work so far.

• @mjonas67
    how about start to read this topic from the first post onwards?

• Hey,

I have just bought the Nikon D3200. Does the hack for the D3100 work for this camera ?

• Is the plugin downloadable there ? IDA PRO 6.3 is too expensive to afford.

• Vitaliy,i have been looking for TOSHIBA TX19A plugin for IDA PRO , no result yet , your help is appreciate very much .

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions