Personal View site logo
Metabones lens speed booster adapter, focal reducer
  • 873 Replies sorted by
  • @vicharris

They wanted to make portrait lens, ones that makes skin good without much postprocessing.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Sounds like a very logical thing to do. Thanks sir.

• @LPowell

Samyang 85mm 1.4 has no lens breathing? That's good. Fingers crossed for the rumored Samyang 50mm T1.5.

• See this video. Not my video, but I did notice that Canon EF lens is noisy when its image stabilizer is active during video recording.

http://tinyurl.com/abwwos2

• @stonebat

We use these lens on our Canons as our primary. Just use an external Mic like Rode and you're set.

• Thanks @lpowell, I may stick with my Nikkor 105 a bit longer.

• @griplimited I didn't say it's unusable. I meant it is what it is.

• Here's quite an interesting review that encompasses the Metabones speed booster, among other things. The guy has the NEX7 and a 5D Mk III. He uses his Canon glass on the NEX with the Metabones adaptor.

• Adam from Mythbusters? What? And what's wrong with that other guy? How many times did Adam correct him and it looks like he needs to take a crap.

• This video makes me want to stab both of them

• @lenuisible LoL

What we get out of this adpter are
    1. wider FOV
    2. shallower DOF
    3. noisy image stabilization if possible
    4. 1 stop gain in speed

If you have native M43 wide angle lens, #1 is irrelevant. If you are happy with DOF from 1.4, #2 is irrelevant. If you mind the noisy image stabilization, #3 is irrelevant. If you mind pixel vignetting, #4 is irrelevant.

If none is relevant to you, you don't need the adapter. The moral of the story is that you must be patient and careful about new products that @eoshd preaches.

• @stonebat agreed. I have the 40mm F2.8 stm, now that's a horrible lens in manual mode, has the worse focusing noise.. I'm passed the return date so it's going as gift to family. Might be worth the quality and size with SB.

• @lenuisible LMAO, good it's not just me.

• @stonebat where does it say that m43 version will have noisy image stabilization? and what do you mean by "noisy" in this context?

• See my post top of this page.

• Wow, that was fast. From Messiah Has Risen to POS, all in the span of a couple of weeks. Just because of a video of a couple of overcaffeinated dipshits that may as well have been two E! reporters breathlessly parsing what Rihanna wore to the BET Music Awards, and fora pro-sumers (con-fessionals?) whose opinions seem to be based on anything but hands-on experience.

Sorry Metabones. A good idea hasn't got a chance these days against the Interwebs Idiocracy One-Two Punch of fake expert video reviews and fickle gadfly fora.

• If internet bashing would have that much effect, Red would never have taken off…

Some folks still use their own brain, and the others should stay away from such stuff anyway!

• Haha. I didn't say any negative thing about Metabones Speed Booster.

• You also get better center sharpness and the ability to shoot below F1. I think the blooming is more of an issue than pixel vignetting.

• f2.8 zoom giving f2.0 equivalent bokeh and wider FOV. That’s nice. It reduces the focal length. But it steepens lighting angle hitting on sensor surface. Some hands-on reviewers already mentioned about more CA, more vignetting, and less corner sharpness. The larger aperture, the more such side effects. Some users wouldn't mind it. Some would mind it. All gears are like that. That's all.

• here is some speedbooster footage of random crap i shot around me. leica r - NEX

anyway, tell me what you think.

another thing, the speedbooster + lens is heavier than the body of the camera so when you focus while handholding your causing an earthquake in the body.

im waiting for the bmc mft to come out and rock my world.

• Its all armchair science ignore them all - buy it try it love it or hate it. And then make something. Hopefully after stage 1+2 we'll be watching your pics in the cinema. if not repeat

• I just have been informed that Metabones will launch the new Speed Booster adapter for MFT in April and not in March as previously reported on their website. They are still not sure what kind of lenses will supported yet but I have been told the adapters will be manually only. Price may be around $399.

via 43rumors.com

Officially the Nikon, Leica R, Contax C/Y, Contarex, ALPA and Rollei lenses are on roadmap plus OM lens adapter may come too.

Guys, where is Pentax?

• Mmm... Minolta MD? :(