Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Metabones lens speed booster adapter, focal reducer
  • 873 Replies sorted by
  • @Meierhans, maybe it means the image circle covers the 5Dmk3 sensor past a certain focal length. The Tokina 11-16 for instance will cover a 5D at 15/16mm.

• Has anyone tried a m4/3 to Nex to metabones? You wouldn't have the electronics, but it should work

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I forgot that E mount was 2mm shallower.

• yes they have finally made it .....or......... yes PB's got one? ;)

• ...it's a passive leica version. I'll wait for the chinese fd !

• Thank God Blooms got it? A real trail blazer for micro 4/3 lol ? Really why Mr Bloom - sure he's a nice chap and champ of amateur filming but?!

• @soundgh2

May be because he called and asked? :-)

• Exposure. A while ago he received a sample of a speedbooster with an EF to E mount after being asked by Metabones. With his amount of followers and the type of followers he is an attractive person to a company like Metabones.

I do hope this is a sign of Metabones actually being close to sending the MFT versions out. The way they changed their announcement on the moment of shipping of those made me think of a change of strategy. It made me think they changed their strategy into an 'under promise and over deliver' kind of announcement. It takes the heat of them and avoids getting a bad (RED/BM kind of) reputation, unfortunately they changed it a bit late, but anyway.. Now with this announcement by Bloom expectations will be raised again, hopefully it is a sign. :)

• I think they sent a pre-production sample in order to get feedback and get a bit advertizement and good review before MFT version gets out , any way good news ...

• Seems there will be a C/Y version too. That would be a great option, there's still a lot of great Zeiss glass out there or quite good Yashica for less.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Ha true - :)

Looking forward to the C/Y too !

• This means the LensTurbo versions for m43 are gonna follow, since they only copycat stuff, instead of listening to their customers and actually make something from scratch. How hard can it be? LensTurbo E-mount is already out so what is keeping them from making m43 right now?

• since they only copycat stuff, instead of listening to their customers and actually make something from scratch.

Bad attempt to bash another manufacturer. It does not take to much time to see that products are different.

• 2 things:

If I was selling anything DSLR video related, Bloom would be the first blogger I'd move heaven and earth to get my product to for review. He's by far the most widely-read and influential DSLR video blogger, and in contrast to most of the others, he's an actual pro whose footage looks fully professional. All the opinion in the world doesn't mean dick if all you post is clips of you swinging a Canon on a Smoothee back and forth in your dirty apt. complex bathroom with the @%#$# fan rattling. Bloom gets a lot of stick here for some reason but he's the smartest and most talented DSLR blogger out there IMO.

I spoke with RJ (eBay seller jinfinance) about the Speed Boosters he's selling now, and he said m43-FD was on the way, but that A. NEX outsells m43 outside the US so that's where the emphasis is right now, and B. m43's 2X crop makes it more difficult to produce a Speed Booster that reduces the entire image circle vs NEX's 1.5X crop. But he did say m43-FD Speed Boosters were looking like July. RJ's a great guy, and I will absolutely buy his SBs when he gets them machined.

• Ok, my bad. I'm just frustrated over the situation. RJ's a great seller, I bought my first m43 adapter from him long ago. Let's see how thing evolve. I would much prefer a passive mount for cheap and put it on all my FDs.

• Well, I don't need full frame on m43. X0.7 to get super35/APS-C is enough. Just change the mount and adjust flange distance. :-)

• @shaveblog I don't have a Canon lol you get out of the wrong side of bed (again) today? ;p

• @soundgh2 I wasn't referring/speaking to you. Are you a DSLR blogger? I didn't know. FWIW I was actually referring to cheesycam.

• @Shaveblog hehe no worries - not a blogger a mixer.

• Bloom gets a lot of stick here for some reason but he's the smartest and most talented DSLR blogger out there IMO.

I think people here still respect him and whatnot... he just been getting crap because everything in the last 2 years has been a commercial for the C300. Just wait till this new Metabones m4/3 review comes out... the C300 or the 5DMKIII will probably mentioned, or used for comparison, about 12 times for no reason.

• Lets get one thing straight, everyone knows Olivia is the most talented DSLR blogger. @Shaveblog, you should be ashamed of yourself and seriously doubt your manhood.

+1 for jinfinance though, have many of his early adapters.

• @Rambo What was I thinking? Who could forget Barry Lyndon? The Godfather Pts 1 and 2? Deuce Bigelow, Male Gigolo? All classics of cinematography, all DP'd by the same inscrutable genius of fast glass, Arizona meth and golden celluloid: Olivia.