Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Triumph of meanness
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • American Sniper

Just bad film deserving no other words.

• The Admiral: Roaring Currents

Film about Battle of Myeongnyang and about one of Korean heroes.

As usual director and scenarist "improved" things a lot. They though that available battle description and facts are kind of boring, and need improvements. And as educational level of this artists clearly was lacking we have that we have (whole whirlpool fantasy, depicting admiral as religious idiot and super warrior, ship boarding and badly made fights, adding unnecessary things). At least we have grand grandfather of Darth Wader here.

• Fallen

Note - Vodka won't work with this film. You need more concentrated version - 95%. Put 30ml and drink in one gulp at the right moments (your poor head will tell you). Just remember to have someone around so they could call the emergency during, or, if you are very strong, after the process.

• Inside Man is similar to any experience with vodka. After a few years you don't remember the whole event but you believe it had some good parts and you forget the bad.

Bonus: Did you know that vodka originated in poland ;) hahaha.

• Inside Man

Try to watch only after full bottle of Vodka (warning! it can be required to drink two or even three bottles).
    As without turning off your brain logic parts it can end in utter failure.

• The Water Diviner

Another high ranked movie. Gallipoli due to educational programs and media is still big in Australia and NZ.

Thing is, movie authors made a mess instead of film.
    We have Crowe talking with Mustafa Kemal , being friends with him and saving his life (according to history can be him, despite attempts in film to prove otherwise). Well, shit. Such thing just could not happen at a time.
    Crowe has super powers, as he perfectly finds where his sons are. Without any reason (same shit goes with initial water thing using dowsing).
    For the people of the time it was perfectly understandable why Australia and NZ was part of this (contrary to film statement). Btw Australia and NZ still do not have any independent foreign policy :-)
    British and Turks are shown almost as friends (not very good generally, but). And it is only bad Greeks that make all shit in the film. Later in history they become close (and now are part of NATO), so it is easy to understand.

All war parts are just usual Hollywood bad stamps (plus made such to save money and require less people).

And last. People at the time were much tougher guys (you can just check number of the children in family and how many of them died due to natural reasons).

• Wild

Perfect example of the movie like ones that started the topic.

• @Vitaliy It's funny because I started to read the script for Interstellar but had to put it down after about 40 pages in and switch to a novel.

• Interstellar

Really bad film with inflated ratings. Excellent example for our collection of bad films without meaning, sometimes good visuals. Story makes no sense at all if you stop and think a little. Horrible script, horrible pseudo science. Just all this made for big money and with big pretense.

Btw, they constantly tell with huge importance on their faces - "Gravity!" (I think they mean this shitty film we have here).

And it could be real fun film. Imagine. They are finding secret NASA base, all is rust, except few thousands of cryogen capsules with manuals (made for some part of elite who did not make it on time). They get capsules and start new worldwide show with old name - Jeopardy! 100 people are put into the sleep for very short time, each at random length (you choose only low bound). Show starts and ones who get up first (issue is that chance of wake up dead or severely injured is in inverse proportion of sleep time for such short values, hence why you can choose minimal time) have time to kill sleeping competition and collect their meat (remember, food is scarce). Solves all problems - population reduction happens fast and all is fed with healthy food.

• Exodus: Gods and Kings

Improved and enhanced (as script writer and director think) version of original story rendering most of it meaningless, making bad movie, and leaving just few good visuals (3D recommended).

• Into the Woods

How bad can be thing if it gets all top IMDB reviews to be one start only?

• The Imitation game

Film is even worse than Theory of everything.

Actually it is extremely inaccurate depiction of very interesting man and very interesting project ( http://www.ellsbury.com/enigmabombe.htm ).
    Idiots always like to dumble down things, scale down everything, add non existing personal (and non personal) drama and conflicts, and think in absolutes and add some completely false facts.

• House of Cards, season 3

Perfect illustration of something where original foundation ended (good UK series and book) and stupid writers started to write their fantasies and directors implementing it.

Poor pace, horrible dialog writing (obvious shit with supposed big meaning) and too much unnecessary dialogs, average acting, characters inconsistency, cheap stunts, huge logic issues (like president and candidate without any actual team, at all, just insulting people whole series) politics shown now from the POV of drug addict in terminal state (in previous seasons it was just dumb drunkard). Season 2 was already badly lacking, this one is utter disaster.

P.S. One good thing - they greatly scaled back unnecessary sex shit (yet that is left is even more unnecessary now).

• Theory of everything

Film is seriously lacking, being good primer of same old thing:

I think that directors, script authors and actors without proper people to see after them just directly transfer their life, skills, ideals, knowledge. And it is rarely anything that deserve public attention (of course TV and tabloids think otherwise, but their place is in hell).

Bad films and books just can't spot thing making someone unique and spot just mimic and looks. Is it hard to show work and ideas of physics, what make this guy unique? Well, yes. But the more difficult the task - the bigger is the reward, I do not mean awards.

Better check old good A Beautiful Mind, still full of fantasy and things, but at least acting and script was good.

• The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

If you add to bad foundation (books) bad scenery and bad acting you'll get this.

Plus it is perfect example of meaningless shit.

• Whiplash

Well, quite highly rated movie in this topic.

Why?

Because it follows previously stated principles:

I think that directors, script authors and actors without proper people to see after them just directly transfer their life, skills, ideals, knowledge. And it is rarely anything that deserve public attention (of course TV and tabloids think otherwise, but their place is in hell).

Film has nothing to do with real music orchestras, how they work and how people are doing inside them.
    It is just stupid director fantasy with usual directors idea to add "more conflict and drama, more blood".

• Taken 3

Going down even more than Taken 2 was. It is hard to find any positive.

• Fury

Landed version of Gravitation, on tanks. Same unfit guys. Facts not matching with history and reality.
    Inability to show real tragedy of war (writer and director try hard but as they are unable to understand it they just do it all wrong).

• The Judge

It is good core sample for collection. Actors and directors try hard to inflate balloon that has huge holes.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I overall agree with this page list, but I liked Gone Girl.
    I'm not a Fincher fan by any means and Afleck vision give me rushes; with $61 mill budget one would expect a well done flick and strictly from a technical standpoint Gone Girl is pretty solid. What I personally find more interesting is the part left after the twist and that IMO Fincher under explored; that's something a bit more complex yet hidden that a crime drama; it's relationship/marriage hypocritical carnage circus. Also didn't like so much R. Pike's impersonation (seemed a bit shallow) but man, did Fincher manage to put Affleck's ticks to good use. Anyway with Zodiac this is the Fincher I liked more so far. Cheeeers sip

• Gone Girl

An attempt to make something like criminal drama (just without much logic).
    If you want to see good one, watch Crime d'amour, and skip this.

• I, Origins

I do not know why, but some people think if you shoot low budget film you must not compare it to anything except ulta budget horror shit.

It is not a good film, shot wrong, has no more or less logical story, and even pretend that it has some science in it.

• Well, 'Zombeavers' is on the next level

True brilliance there

• Predestination

You though that ZOMBEAVERS and Lucy will be hallmark of 2014? Nope. Meet new candidate.

It is meaningless in its best, meaningless multiplied by meaningless and added with meaningless.

And all this with big importance on actors faces.